It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:08 pm 

Originals now a days are made on such cheap media that after a couple of plays the disc dies on you. The pirates replicate the entire movie on a better disc which lasts longer. That is the reason alot of people now a days are going more and more for pirate movies. I was at a downtown indian store and saw the sales rep offered the man the original of Dil Chahta Hai and he said he did not want it as he knows Spark uses cheap media and wanted the pirate of the movie. In another store I over a customer asking the man behind the counter, "Aaj kaun kaun si pirate DVD ayee hain?". Dont like to promote pirate but pirate for english I would never go for, pirate for indian looks like the only way to go most of the times to get a decent DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:30 pm 

I second u, ! legend, If I can BUY exact the same CRAP by EROS/YRF for half the price or even less, WHY should I pay for FULL?(bTW! EROS/YRF classics r not even worth for half price imho).
Silsila for $20 or SILSILA for $15? still not worth it!!Same dreadful dvd pq, anyways!! one has a shitty INSERT, the other dont!!

BTW! can u pls check, layers used, on kasoor , raaz combo, single vs dual layer and average bit rate on both..as I have both originals..can confirm with u! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:38 pm 

i agree oringals are made on crap copies, but some times pirates can be such a crap print!

its like a risk in away.... plus the law? whats to be done about that?

i over heard a few people discussing an article in eastern eye that orignals dvds would reduce by 50% max on prices to stop piracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:17 am 

hi. im new to this, i joined to state a coment on pakwebstore.

i agree wiv dvd girl.... i got alot of complains from them. i just ordered last month. devdas 2 in 1. its a copy, very good copy.

recently i dont know if u lot who bought of pakwebstore.... have u or havent but i was contacted by ccnow! they contacted me "we notice u have purchesed by pakwebstore.com, we are doing a survey on an enquiry given to us by parties concerned. Please would u answer a few questions:

1. what did you order from pakwebstore.com?
2. Was it all legel items?
3. any coments you would like to leave?
4. what do you think should be done about this store (choose options:

A, closed
B, fined
C, others.

i got this servey. havent replied but am going to.... so if u have bought off this store i request u to stop before u get in trouble. As i heard this servy has been requested by the companies of manufactures like eros.

Oh it also stated that if all items sold on this store were againest the law then all people wiv them or selling similar shall be fined. :ffs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:30 pm 

Kareenas wrote:
hi. im new to this, i joined to state a coment on pakwebstore.

i agree wiv dvd girl.... i got alot of complains from them. i just ordered last month. devdas 2 in 1. its a copy, very good copy.

recently i dont know if u lot who bought of pakwebstore.... have u or havent but i was contacted by ccnow! they contacted me "we notice u have purchesed by pakwebstore.com, we are doing a survey on an enquiry given to us by parties concerned. Please would u answer a few questions:

1. what did you order from pakwebstore.com?
2. Was it all legel items?
3. any coments you would like to leave?
4. what do you think should be done about this store (choose options:

A, closed
B, fined
C, others.

i got this servey. havent replied but am going to.... so if u have bought off this store i request u to stop before u get in trouble. As i heard this servy has been requested by the companies of manufactures like eros.

Oh it also stated that if all items sold on this store were againest the law then all people wiv them or selling similar shall be fined. :ffs:

Wrong question KareenaS... Had that store been here in North America it would have been shut down by now. The mere fact that it is located in Pakistan indicates that stores in Pak are dubious in nature and should be avoided. It is beyond ones reach to take action in that country :) (afterall ... u never know who may be running that site... :D)

The best option would be to avoid the site... and spread the word around to avoid the site LIKE PLAGUE !!!! You surely do not go near a place where there is Plague do you KareenaS ? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:51 am 

so kareena have u replied? also let me know if anything happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:32 pm 

i think kareena is doing investigation for eros in finding out the online stores selling pirates thats DVD girl always asks kareena about the replies lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:24 pm 

monizam wrote:
eros has no dvd rights in pakistan :) :( ??? :baaa: :baaa:

Correction Pppz what Monizam meant was that whatever you buy from any store in Pak...is a 100% certified Pirate.. PERIOD :) (be that pakwebstore.com or cdstore.com.pk or xxxx.pk :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

sknath wrote:
Correction Pppz what Monizam meant was that whatever you buy from any store in Pak...is a 100% certified Pirate.. PERIOD :) (be that pakwebstore.com or cdstore.com.pk or xxxx.pk :D)

Ignorance is just bliss for you :rolleyes: Some of the very first DEI DVDs I got came from Pakistan and were 100% the same ones you get from stores else where in the world. Three titles which I still have; Ram Balram, Major Saab and Border.

Ali

Edited By ali on 1036345163

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:58 pm 

ali wrote:
Ignorance is just bliss for you :rolleyes: Some of the very first DEI DVDs I got came from Pakistan and were 100% the same ones you get from stores else where in the world. Three titles which I still have; Ram Balram, Major Saab and Border.

Ali

Nah hard facts here :) (*searches for CaptainAmerica*... and BTW.... DEI or any company DVds are not to be sold in Pakistan... so what you actually got was a replicated / Piarated disc ( whatever that may be ! the definition is fuzzy here ) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

sknath wrote:
DEI or any company DVds are not to be sold in Pakistan... so what you actually got was a replicated / Piarated disc ( whatever that may be ! the definition is fuzzy here ) )

Ignorance is showing here – keep digging your self a hole. Even when 'hard facts' are slapped across you face a person like you would still deny them and carrying on regardless. The DVDs I have are original DEI DVDs – I’ve seen enough of them to know so :doze:

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:03 pm 

ali wrote:

Ali I do admire your Bravado here :) wont like to argue here (abt such a trivial matter anyways...)... Ppl who wanted the information have got the information and I am sure will definately base their opinions on what has been stated here abt Pakwebstore or any other store (Pak based store) floating on the internet and selling "GENUINE DVDs" .

No offence, but the fact that
Quote:
Ignorance is showing here – keep digging your self a hole. Even when 'hard facts' are slapped across you face a person like you would still deny them and carrying on regardless.

depicts something else here ...and not abt me... DVD_GIRL hope you are reading this thread :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ali I do admire your Bravado here

I certainly don’t admire or appreciate your ignorance and stupidity here :rolleyes: :keh:

Quote:
Ppl who wanted the information have got the information and I am sure will definately base their opinions on what has been stated here abt Pakwebstore or any other store (Pak based store) floating on the internet and selling "GENUINE DVDs"

Yes they will - but my point was to argue against what you said –"any store in Pak...is a 100% certified Pirate" - and what I'm saying is I’ve got DVDs from Pakistan that are not pirate hence it’s not a 100% pirate place - or do you need some elementary maths lessons on how to calculate parentages – you know so that you can obtain ‘hard facts’ from principle logic and maths :oh: :rolleyes:

Quote:
depicts something else here ...and not abt me

No it definitely depicts something about you, not like your going to see something that simple.

Quote:
DVD_GIRL hope you are reading this thread

Second person you called for - I hope they come to your assistance before you’re totally dead and buried in that hole you’re digging.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:33 pm 

Isn't it true though that most of these companies hold the rights to certain films only in the US and the UK, and thereby if any of these films were released on media outside of these nations, then they are not considered pirated, simply because the US/UK laws do not apply in their countries? I should think so. If Eros does hold the rights to their movies in Pakistan, then any 'other' DVD release of these movies in Pakistan would surely be illegal. However, if Eros has nothing to with Pakistan at all, theres no reason why these so called 'pirated' DVDs shouldn't exist. If no laws have been put in place, then these people aren't breaking any. Simple as that.

I do not praise piracy, but after watching the horrendous Devdas DVD last night I really don't care if my money goes to an already fat CEO of a 'legal' DVD company, or if it goes to some online store that wants to make a few bucks selling self-produced media. Frankly, I'd rather see my money go to the latter than the former, if it came down to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Kabir wrote:
I do not praise piracy, but after watching the horrendous Devdas DVD last night I really don't care if my money goes to an already fat CEO of a 'legal' DVD company, or if it goes to some online store that wants to make a few bucks selling self-produced media. Frankly, I'd rather see my money go to the latter than the former, if it came down to it.

When it comes to piracy - in any other domain other than Indian DVDs - then when its all said and done - its wrong in the end. I think everyone would (and should) at least acknowledge that.

Indian DVDs have come to such a state that firstly people can’t tell the pirates from originals and secondly when they are given originals (at higher price) the quality sucks so much that next time they buy, they will buy which ever DVD is cheaper - pirate or not.

I've said this before but there is this vicious circle where films makers blame the consumers for piracy (and certain people who believe into this, relay the same message). The distributors blame piracy for the poor quality DVDs – as of course because they are pirates already on the market (or even the mere threat of them :rolleyes: ) the distributors like Eros, Spark, VS have to rush their DVDs to the market hence the quality suffers. Consumers like you and me look at the legitimate DVDs and see how bad the quality is and don’t want to pay for it – so the justification goes that we’ll get the pirates instead of paying for this ‘official’ crap. But then there’s others that say people who buy pirates are the cause of poor quality DVDs because they are selling and buying pirates and the official DVD makers rush their DVDs to market to combat this or we simply don’t deserve good quality DVDs – hence poor quality again. So this circles carries on.

Well to me – this circles starts with the DVD/film makers and can only be ended with them too. You cant expect people to stop buying pirates and only then say you’ll get better quality releases – that’s bullshit. The DVD/directors/producers have to take control make proper DVDs with the necessary protection to combat this. But to do this money is needed and no one is willing to invest in this. With reports coming every other week how much Indian film makers are losing out – this maybe be the only option if they are to survive.

Ali :baaa: