It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Piracy, Who Cares?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:03 am 

Who cares if pirates make a little money? Whats the point about complainingg and crying about pirates. As long as movies keep coming out, pirates will be right there to make some money off of them. Personally I think they are good people. They save me a trip to theater to see a movie and having to wait months even years for the movie to come out on DVD. When a new Indian movie comes out on Friday, I can be assured I will be seeing it by next week's end. I think that is great....and we can thank the good people that we dubbed 'pirates'..... :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Piracy, Who Cares? Only the Law, but we don’t care about that :wot:

Piracy can be stopped by these Indian DVD guys if they really wanted to stop it – but they choose not to and people will hold the same view as you do – don’t blame you for it.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:00 pm 

If pirates can make my Dil Se dvd as good as my Fight Club dvd then I'm all out for piracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:08 am 

Pirates are hard working people just like anyone else, they have to put food on the table also...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:46 pm 

I'm surprised that Sanjay hasn't yet replied to this thread. :wot:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:07 am 

:sleep: hey yo i , own a video store and we take all dvds in pirate and original , the bad thing is about pirate is that police can come after u if u buy pirate dvds , if u want to stop piracy u should have the new movie come out the same day or the next day because pirates realese as soon as they can , so like eros and video sound , yo peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:52 am 

video store owner don’t people complain about the quality of DVDs you sell/rent from your video store? I hired the DVD of Aankhen last night for relatives; I only glanced at it and didn’t completely watch the DVD. The video shop I got it from had loads of pirates of Aankhen he was hiring out and plus had made copies on VHS to hire too. Quality wasn’t that bad, 1.85 cropped with burnt in subtitles. For the five minutes I was in the shop they must have been around 15 different people who came and asked for the film on video! But what was interesting was most of them asked about the quality first before they took it, seemed odd as they took the video anyway just on the word of the store owner.

From what I’ve seen of the Video Sound DVDs there are not worth buying, quality for a DVD is just disgraceful and what there are doing with the Aankhen DVD, promoting it as a 3 disc set, I’m certainly wont purchase the original and get pirate instead. One thing about the pirate is it will play more than a coupe of times unlike Video Sound DVDs that will stop after a few plays, a total waste of money. The guy who says that Video Sound is greatest promoter of piracy is right, because I just turned to piracy because of Video Sound.

SHAAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:25 pm 

DVD Collector wrote:
I'm surprised that <b>Sanjay[/b] hasn't yet replied to this thread. :wot:

Here I am on popular public demand. :D
As much as I am pissed with the likes of Video Sound, WEG, Eros and to some extent with Yash Raj Films, I still feel that piracy in principle is morally wrong and is no better than stealing or buying stolen property. I know I have said in the past as I still do at times, mostly out of frustration, that when it comes to DVDs from Video Sound or WEG, one is actually better off buying the pirated version. But having said that, I must add that delayed releases of DVDs and/or someone needing to make a living is no justification for piracy. My question to those that do justify piracy with these excuses is a simple one. Do you justify stealing as a way of making a living? Would you still justify it if it was your property, be it material or intellectual property? If a company in its business interests, as ill guided as that maybe, decides to delay release of their product, then it is their right to do so and it sure as hell does not give anyone the right to steal from that company.
In closing there is something I do wonder at times though, since companies like Video Sound & WEG are no better than common thieves. Is it alright to steal from them? Is it alright to steal from a thief? Hmmm? Now that's something for all to think about. As for me, I lean towards the belief that a thief has no rights.

Edited By Sanjay on April 13 2002 at 19:32

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:15 pm 

:ffs: u r exactly right about almost everything u said shaan , but , people only complain when the print is so bad and buying pirate dvds we hava a bigg profit , because we charge $3.00 for a new dvd , and it goes out 2 or 3 times and we buy 7 dvds each time and original dvds cost $35 -$54 , so we don't make anything , so is better to rent dvds but buy is the dvd is super hit . buy dvds , buy cds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:45 pm 

HrithikRoshan626 wrote:
Who cares if pirates make a little money? Whats the point about complainingg and crying about pirates. As long as movies keep coming out, pirates will be right there to make some money off of them. Personally I think they are good people. They save me a trip to theater to see a movie and having to wait months even years for the movie to come out on DVD. When a new Indian movie comes out on Friday, I can be assured I will be seeing it by next week's end. I think that is great....and we can thank the good people that we dubbed 'pirates'..... :baaa:

[B] :rolleyes: I had read so many articles about piracy and I am still confused. I have seen the Video Sound Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam DVD about 2 or three times till date and did not think it was a bad one. But after I read about piracy and the quality of the dvd . I have realised that maybe I was not concentrating on the bad points. Hello is anyone still awake :sleep:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:06 pm 

I agree with Sanjay. However, the only way to prevent piracy is to have the rights owners put good quality DVDs (high bit rates, good sound) quickly. The whole point of watching a DVD is for quality. If you are willing to sacrifice that might as well watch a video tape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:57 am 

rahul1225 wrote:
I agree with Sanjay. However, the only way to prevent piracy is to have the rights owners put good quality DVDs (high bit rates, good sound) quickly. The whole point of watching a DVD is for quality. If you are willing to sacrifice that might as well watch a video tape.

Have to agree with you there. Im sick of pirate DVD's and Im sad to know that there isn't much any one of us can do that will stop this. Today while browsing through endless library of DVDs at an indian video store i stumbled upon a pirate copy of Kyaa Dil Ne Kahaa, placed somewhere next to the very original copy of the same movie. Now for those people who wouldn't know how to recognize a pirated dvd between an original dvd;they would be disappointed. The cover art was different, though the pirate one still maintained the cover design well...print quality was the same(glossy indeed). For one thing, pirates are becoming more and more brilliant in their marketing skills...i.e. having very good cover art to fool people. However they miss by one mark, the disc art.....tsk tsk. If u had seen the pirated MYKSH disc, you would know...anywayz be careful out there... :oh:

Edited By kaindiazINC. on July 06 2002 at 01:59