It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:01 am 

I Can assure you there are millions of dvd in circulation which are exact replicas of originals being sold all over UK in big shops and top sites....The only conclusion i can come too after seeing dvds which you would never realise are pirate is that some real big companies are behind this piracy as they seem to have the exact same resources as legit dvd companies...Man the hole indian DVD Thing is pissin me of were all being ripped off in the wars between the dvd companies....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:04 am 

I'm with you,in one of my earlier post I stated it's very possible
companies like DEI,YRF,EROS and others first flood the market with pirated version's and then they turn around and release
the same crap under DEI,EROS and YRF. So this way they can collect with both hands. What they wouldn't do to make a buck.

lakeshore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 3:33 pm 

Sorry for the dumb question but if you can't tell the difference, then how do you know which ones are the pirated ones.

I keep hearing things like there are pirated discs out there that no one can tell the difference. If that is so then how do one know it's a pirate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 5:29 pm 

Not a dumb question, but rather a tantalizing one. Pursue it and it will leave unsavory taste. The truth will be hard to digest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:31 am 

lets put it this way my freind there are certain features which become noticeable much after you have bought the dvd.....well in my case at least....even my suppliers dont know...that is probarbly because they get the pirates from the same companies they get originals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:22 am 

anwar_hatela_survives wrote:
....even my suppliers dont know...that is probarbly because they get the pirates from the same companies they get originals

Have you got video shop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:59 pm 

hamhari basti mein apni be chotta dukan hain kya samjha.......

I too have a video shop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:58 pm 

captainamerica wrote:
Not a dumb question, but rather a tantalizing one. Pursue it and it will leave unsavory taste. The truth will be hard to digest.

I am intrigued, tell me how best to spot a pirate even if they look the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:45 pm 

to figure out whether or not your DVD is pirated you can do the following things:

1)on an Eros DVD if you turn over the DVD and look at the side of the disc thats does not contain artwork. You should see in small print "mastered by WAMO" (This for most of the new movies they release in the USA and Canada).

2)For DEI DVDs when you turn over the DVD you should see "Digital Entertainment INC" written usually long with CA.

3)For some Video Sound DVDs you should see "MediaDeminsions'written on the DVD when you flip it over.

hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:42 pm 

how about counterfiets!!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:28 pm 

Arsh...They are the same thing no difference.It's also known as bootlegging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:30 am 

If what you wrote below is true (about DEI DVDs), then out of the dozens of DVDs I own, only seven are genuine.

Amazing, since they have been purchased from at least seven different retailers.

Are you absolutely sure about this??

to figure out whether or not your DVD is pirated you can do the following things:

1)on an Eros DVD if you turn over the DVD and look at the side of the disc thats does not contain artwork. You should see in small print "mastered by WAMO" (This for most of the new movies they release in the USA and Canada).

2)For DEI DVDs when you turn over the DVD you should see "Digital Entertainment INC" written usually long with CA.

3)For some Video Sound DVDs you should see "MediaDeminsions'written on the DVD when you flip it over.

hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

WAMO appears on a minority of new Eros titles - nothing to-do with how genuine the Eros DVD is.

Digital Entertainment INC has started just appearing on newer DEI titles and that’s not even consistent proof of a genuine disc. Certain discs have this others don’t.

And VS - only certain VS titles will have Media Dimension printed on disc - one those have been authored and replicated by Media Dimensions - again not all will – cos the word consistency and information doesn’t means anything to these DVD guys.

Ali

Edited By ali on Jan. 29 2002 at 12:47

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:05 pm 

So, at end of the day no one is any wiser in spoting a pirate DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 3:16 pm 

After looking at my tash of Indian DVDs I was going to say the samething Ali cleared up for all of us. I noticed lasted night that a few of my DEI DVDs did not have "Digital Entertainment INC written on the disc". Even though I know I bought these DVDs for a good place. Since Indian DVDs companies do not keep "consistency" the there is no way to spot out a pirated DVD from a non pirated one. Unless the pirated DVD is missing stuff on the menu and or plays with "english" subtitles that cannot be disabled.