It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:22 pm 

Well the local shop owner here was trying to pass me the DEI-EROS version of KNPH for INR 390 !!!!!!! I was roaming the streets here with the official version also..and guess what he got the shock of his life !!!

Plenty of Pirated English DVDs and Hindi DVDs available even in a city like the place I am in..I wont be surprised what I might get in a city like Bombay !!!!

Arsh Bhai....Hum aapke liye Shemaroo ka price pata kar lenge..par suna hai woh DVD accha nahi hai (Mughal-e-Azam!)

*sigh..I miss my DSL connection back home in Canada* :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 5:41 pm 

Salaam !!AAdab!! Navazish! SK bro!aapne yaad rakha! hamaen!!
Back home it is a pathetic situation of piracy ,pirated of pirated and pirated of it again and onwards!!!
I am sorry i could never trust!they will show u three versions of same claiming one original and 2 pirated, but u can never tell except taking the word of seller what is original!!I did carried away for cheap price, but believe me it was not worth it, original is gold even expensive, never looses its value, desi pirated even $4 is mitti, no value in long run IMHO, aap khud samajhdar ho!!Baki Mughale azam aur Pakeezah different issue hai!as released over there only!!!Quality was never an issue there and is not RELIABLE at all!!!
BTW!!had u been following my LAGAAN dvd thread? original Man!!Hope to have u back in Action Soon!!Till then Maze karo bhaii!!yeh moka roz kahan!!!!Good Luck for the rest of ur stay!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:55 pm 

Hi sknath,
To aajkal aap hamaare hindustan mein hain. Hope your having fun here. If you are near Delhi or plan to be visiting here do let me know. It would be nice to meet up with a fellow zulmi. Also if you plan to be here in Delhi and are interested in the local DVD market I could guide you well, since I myself own and operate a DVD rental library in Delhi. Although I would see no reason why you would want to buy any DVDs here in India since they all come from overseas. By the way you are right about the rampant piracy over here. DVD piracy of English movies is a nuisance that has surfaced here over the last 1 yr. Ofcourse Hindi DVD piracy has been around much longer. Makes it really tough for people like myself who only deal in origianl DVDs to compete in the market with prices being almost 3 to 4 times higher for the origianal DVDs compared to the pirated ones.
Anyhow if you are going to be in Delhi email me your contact info or PM me. Hope you enjoy your trip here and hopefully you will find other things here make up for your DSL connection back in Canada. :)