It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:01 pm 

Info. below is ripped from http://www.rediff.com
--------------------------------------------------
Warning bells are sounding again. It is believed that pirated copies of Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham have been doing the rounds of the grey market.

However, the producers have paid heed and necessary security has been organised. Will K3G meet with the same fate as Moksha?

--------------------------------------------------
I've heard stories from other sites indicating that it(K3G pirated DVD) is out in New Zealand. Wheater if this is true, I cannot confirm?

Reflection
Image Aks
There is a stranger in your mirror

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:51 pm 

Regarding K3G I think YashRajFilms should have this movie MPAA regeristered. I doubt this would stop the movie of being pirated by the thousands. Lately it seems that the MPAA doesn't do anything when Indian movies like Asoka that are MPAA regeristered get pirated. A a lot of people in American have emailed and contacted the MPAA telling them about stores who are selling Asoka and website like Ebay. If the MPAA doesn't do anything to stop Indian movies from being pirated when they are MPAA regeristered then they are just helping the Pirates. Rumours have it that K3G will be a 2 disc DVD set when it is officially released sometime next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

I agree, someone with such a stature and prestige label as Yash Raj Films should do more to combat piracy – and officially adopt organisations such as MPAA although it not all that surprising to hear that nothing is done about Indian piracy from them either. But it might go to some way to show they are doing something about it.

I remember one of the reasons this site got started was to find out more about piracy as a direct result to Yash Raj Films UK office basically telling me its not their problem that a Zubeidaa DVD is being sold! No kidding;

http://www.zulm.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=44

...although nothing much came of that as no one seem interested in doing anything about it. Best options that are being deployed at the moment are by productions such as Lagaan and Askoka that will get proper recognised branded DVD releases. It’ll be inetresting to see how many other Indian film get such releases or are these two film going to odd ball freaks ??? I hope not.

Ali