All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:33 am 
Site Admin

http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=251775

:o

Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am 
Site Admin

... if he did leak it.. why couldn't a find a decent copy! He friggin made :lol:

It is uncut and uncensored though.

Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 am 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:09 pm 

After all these years of waiting for 'Paanch', I am surprised how little interest this thread has evoked.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:54 pm 

I was about to post this in the general forum - has this really been leaked by AK? Or is this just something they are saying on BWtorrents? And if it has been leaked by AK, does that mean it isn't really pirated :-p

Anyone seen this yet - is it any good?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm 

I read an interview of Anurag Kashyap in the 'Hindutan Times' around the time the DVD for DevD was released. In the interview he had mentioned how pissed off he was with MoserBaer for putting their 'logo' on the movie and how he will try to put it in his contract so that future releases of his movies don't have that. In the same interview, when asked about when 'Paanch' will be released and people will finally gett to see it, he answered by saying that, 'he had no idea or say in the matter but was very frustrated by the fact that the movie has still not been released'. He then went on to state that, 'if by the end of the year the movie is not released, he, himself will leak the movie out'. At the time I had thought that, the statement was made in jest, but I guess he actually mean't it. For lo & behold, the end of the year is here, the movie is still not released, so true to his word, he has leaked the film. I know this is not proof, but it is definately the kind of evidence that a court would take seriously. Gotta hand it to Anurag Kashyap, he is definately not from the regular breed of Bolywood, nor has he been corrupted by his success, unlike so many before him. The man has guts and is not afraid to take a stand for what he believes in. I for one salute him for it. Although, personally I would have rather seen the movie released and find huge success, for that would be a fitting salute to the man and his work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Just finished watching this, finally! It's a pretty good movie and AK fans will love that its available somewhere to watch although not in the best of quality.

It's not uncensored though - some of the bad language is beeped out but having watched it I don't understand how this movie has caused so much of a stir in terms of censorship - it would barely get 15 rating in the UK! Looking at the trivia section on imdb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356982/trivia

Quote:
Both the refusals to release this film were made on six grounds - the film glorifies violence; it shows the modus operandi of a crime (killing of a police officer); it shows excessive use of drugs; it has double meaning dialogues (with sexual undertones); it has no positive characters; it does not carry a social message.

..what absolute nonsense retarded idiotic reasons to refuse a films release.

Kay Kay Menon's performance is sensational. Worth the watch just for that. Paanch is good but I still think AK best is Black Friday.

Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 am 

I would never have imagined in my wildest dreams that I would actually consider siding with the Indian Censor Board. Anurag Kashyap succeeds in projecting a very near-sighted look at Murder & Death. It's a feeling that's never felt more real from any other film I've seen before. Key Key Memon performance, as outstanding as it may be, is also distrubing to say the least. "Creepiness" surrounds this character, his mental philosophy, his house, his actions, it's hard to digest what his character's(Luke) all about.

This is my least favourite Kashyap film, it's one that I wouldn't return to anytime soon, beyond Menon's equivocal performance, I don't see any reason to credit this film at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:54 am 

Agree with ali. Even i haven't found any single cause for refusal of censor certification. There's nothing obscene, or horrifying, or violent, or any double meaning words to an unavoidable extent. And, how many movies carry a social message ??
Still, i hope that this movie sees the doors of theatrical release.
I loved watching the movie. And, it's a recommended watch. No doubt, Anurag is a good director.

And yes, Anurag Kashyap has himself leaked it !!
Thanks AK... :)