It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:51 am 

^ note above...we've all been acccustomed to Aish's hands...she's a tall girl with long fingers. This rip above shows her hands to be of a CHILD!

I won't understand why people can't LOOK at their work...and determine if an Aspect Ratio is correct or not! Amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

FarooqBhai wrote:
I have done some research over the past 5-6 days...apparently there are many different prints of this movie. Some places have the movie logging in at 2 hours 40 minutes all the way to 3 hours 36 minutes. Does anyone have ANY CONCRETE ABSOLUTE truth to a running time?

I contacted uTv via Email - they reported back as 213 minutes. I wrote to NYTimes...same thing. Same in Los Angeles. But all over the world, prints have running times of 160min, 180, 185, 200, 205, 213, 216 minutes....crazy.

The BBFC ( http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument ) usually has pretty accurate runtimes as long as long as the prints have not been pe-cut before submissions (sadly you can never tell with Indian films) - they have JODHAA AKBAR @ 213m 6s - anything below that would have something or other missing (unless its NTSC->PAL speed problem then the runtime of the uncut 213m could end up as 204/5m). Not sure where the 216m time came from? Maybe someones added their own trailers in :lol:

Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:21 pm 

ali wrote:
The BBFC ( http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument ) usually has pretty accurate runtimes as long as long as the prints have not been pe-cut before submissions (sadly you can never tell with Indian films) - they have JODHAA AKBAR @ 213m 6s - anything below that would have something or other missing (unless its NTSC->PAL speed problem then the runtime of the uncut 213m could end up as 204/5m). Not sure where the 216m time came from? Maybe someones added their own trailers in

One version that I saw completely omitted the scene where Akbar admits to Jodhaa that he is illiterate, and also a scene where he uses a mirror to flood light into her chamber.