It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: www.induna.com
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
If you buy a DVD from Nehaflix, you have to pay $10 plus the price of the DVD for one DVD - and that's for standard mail (quoted as 9-21 days to Europe) - so from that respect, I prefer paying Induna a few dollars extra for courier delivery to my door which usually takes a couple of days. Plus I've found that DVDs at Induna are generally cheaper.

I have never brought one DVD from Induna and never will, its cheaper if you work it out if you buy a load, roughly 8 - 10 DVDs. Otherwise, use Nehaflix or Indiaweekly. I remember my recent order was about $35.00 including shipping for about 7 DVDs, so about $5 a DVD. Cheap as I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:30 am 

sengh_15 wrote:
bhaskar wrote:
If you buy a DVD from Nehaflix, you have to pay $10 plus the price of the DVD for one DVD - and that's for standard mail (quoted as 9-21 days to Europe) - so from that respect, I prefer paying Induna a few dollars extra for courier delivery to my door which usually takes a couple of days. Plus I've found that DVDs at Induna are generally cheaper.

I have never brought one DVD from Induna and never will, its cheaper if you work it out if you buy a load, roughly 8 - 10 DVDs. Otherwise, use Nehaflix or Indiaweekly. I remember my recent order was about $35.00 including shipping for about 7 DVDs, so about $5 a DVD. Cheap as I thought.

Same here - but it was always the same when I bought from Nehaflix or Indiaweekly, because from memory, they all had some sort of flat charge which only seemed reasonable to me if it was spread over a few DVDs!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:23 pm 

I have not bought anything from induna.com as yet, but I am made some inquiries via e-mails. They seem very professional, at one occassion I had a call from them here in Canada, to explain me something I wanted to know about their website. That impressed me very much. The only problem I have seen so far is that their Overseas Shipping Rates are a bit too high.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:09 am 

GreatGuy wrote:
I have not bought anything from induna.com as yet, but I am made some inquiries via e-mails. They seem very professional, at one occassion I had a call from them here in Canada, to explain me something I wanted to know about their website. That impressed me very much. The only problem I have seen so far is that their Overseas Shipping Rates are a bit too high.

It is an initial USD14.00 and 1.50 for each item so it you buy at least 14 items the shipping will be 2.50 and Shemaroo titles at 2.75 each is only 5.25 whereas nehaflix.com charges 7.00 .
Of course you can buy from www.induna.com and get your shipment in less than 7 days.i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:10 pm 

1 Ek Shola DVD $7.00
1 Gomti Ke
Kinare DVD $7.00
1 Majboor DVD $7.00
Subtotal: $21.00
Shipping: $6.00
Total: $27.00
From induna.
14.00 initial shipping
4.50 for 3 dvds
8.25 cast of dvds at 2.75 each x3= 8.25
----------------

For just 3 dvds you are still better off at induna.com because you will receive the dvds
even before nehaflix ships them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:41 pm 

GreatGuy wrote:

I've made my first order with Induna and i'm satisfied with them. Better than any of the many, many US based retailers i've tried earlier. All seemed to be new and factory sealed, no re-sealed ones. Fast and reliable delivery by DHL courier.
OK, some freezing in 1 or 2 films, but playable (the Shemaroo ones, Moserbaer were fine and had extra bonus films too).
I guess you really can't ask the impossible here, after all, this is Bollywood DVD's we're talking about.

Everything from this company's site, their email correspondence and packaging speak - Reliability, and resembles a good and "normal" DVD/CD retailer company. Induna are recommended! (and hopefully they will continue like this also). Now, the sloppy US-based ones will have to shape up their act to stay in business.....Finally!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 pm 

They are growing and seems to have lots of customers. Nargis 6 pack dvd was listed yesterday and sold out today. I wanted to buy it just to get Jogan dvd but it is already sold out.
I really love Induna and do not buy anywhere else especially indiaweekly.com.
I always make sure I have at least 14 dvds so the shipping is 2.50 each or less.
With most dvds at 2.75 that averages at 5.25 per dvd but my order always average 4.50 or less including shipping because I buy many dvds at one time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am 

Induna.com is a great online store. The CS is excellent. Low price for Indian DVD movies. I bought several DVDs from them. The problem is that they ship using DHL. All international couriers in my country (e.g. DHL, FedEx, etc) charge the recipient with huge amount of money (more than the total price and shipping cost of the items bought). This never happen if the shipment via post office. For the value of item less than US$50.00, Customs will free the import tax and fee. But courier charge me more than US$60.00 for total value less than US$40.00. But if the shipment via post office, I only pay less than US$1.00 for the import tax and Customs fee. I bought several titles in one order from Induna so the total price for each item become cheaper.

Due to the case of expensive import tax and Customs fee for the shipment via Int'l Courier, now I buy from Eros Entertainment and eBay seller named indian_ash. DVD movies released by Eros is excellent. Eros and eBay seller indian_ash not sell the Indian DVD cheaper than Induna, but they ship via post office with low shipping cost and excellent communication. So, when I buy one or two DVD titles, I always buy from both sellers.

That's my two cents humble opinion about Induna as new member and lover of old Hindi movies.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 pm 

RK & Nargis Lover wrote:
Induna.com is a great online store. The CS is excellent. Low price for Indian DVD movies. I bought several DVDs from them. The problem is that they ship using DHL. All international couriers in my country (e.g. DHL, FedEx, etc) charge the recipient with huge amount of money (more than the total price and shipping cost of the items bought). This never happen if the shipment via post office. For the value of item less than US$50.00, Customs will free the import tax and fee. But courier charge me more than US$60.00 for total value less than US$40.00. But if the shipment via post office, I only pay less than US$1.00 for the import tax and Customs fee. I bought several titles in one order from Induna so the total price for each item become cheaper.

Due to the case of expensive import tax and Customs fee for the shipment via Int'l Courier, now I buy from Eros Entertainment and eBay seller named indian_ash. DVD movies released by Eros is excellent. Eros and eBay seller indian_ash not sell the Indian DVD cheaper than Induna, but they ship via post office with low shipping cost and excellent communication. So, when I buy one or two DVD titles, I always buy from both sellers.

That's my two cents humble opinion about Induna as new member and lover of old Hindi movies.

Thanks.

Have you ever asked them if they can make an exception on your shipment and send Post Office.Or if you know someone in India(Iwish I had a friend in India) then you you can buy from Moserbaer and ship to your friend in India who then can rehship to you

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:07 pm 

Hi, thanks for the comment and suggestion, Sasural. And surprised I post the same thing three times! I don't know why, but I tried to Preciew the post three times and made some correction and ammendment. Sorry for this thrice same posting. I try not to do the same thing.

Yes, I asked the seller and they tried to negotiate with the post office. But up to now no follow-up at all. It seems they make first priority on the safest and secure shipment. That's why they ship the order thru DHL. While post office seems can not guarantee the shipment will reach the buyer. But I bought Hindi DVD titles from many online stores in India and they at last agreed to ship thru post office. One of them is www.onlineindianmart.com. The price is also very competitive and the CS is excellent, too. I bought more than 100 titles from this store. They'll try to find the hard-to-find old Hindi movies for their customers.

Moserbaer is the cheapest distributor of Hindi DVD movies among other distributors like Shemaroo and Eros. Maybe since Moserbaer is the producer of the DVD discs.

Thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:03 pm 

RK & Nargis Lover wrote:

Moserbaer is the cheapest distributor of Hindi DVD movies among other distributors like Shemaroo and Eros. Maybe since Moserbaer is the producer of the DVD discs.

Many Moserbaer dvds are now priced at 2.75 which is same as Shemaroo and Eros dvds at Induna.
:?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:31 pm 

sasural wrote:
RK & Nargis Lover wrote:

Many Moserbaer dvds are now priced at 2.75 which is same as Shemaroo and Eros dvds at Induna.

I think the ones you've seen are the new releases, that are prices at Rs 99 in India - some of the older DVDs (that cost around Rs 34 in India), still appear to be cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:53 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
sasural wrote:
RK & Nargis Lover wrote:

I think the ones you've seen are the new releases, that are prices at Rs 99 in India - some of the older DVDs (that cost around Rs 34 in India), still appear to be cheaper.

That is true.But it seems to me that they also have recovered some of the old ones and selling @ Rs 99 and still have the older versions at the lower price.

My point is that they are now charging the same as Shemaroo and Eros.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:30 am 

log on to www.realcinemas.org for all the latest releases in Hindi, malayalam & Telugu.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:47 pm 

realcinema wrote:
log on to http://www.realcinemas.org for all the latest releases in Hindi, malayalam & Telugu.

How serious are you about making good on your shipping sharges.
In early June you had said that charges will be reduced effective July 1, 2010
Or did you mean July 1, 2100 :lol:

Last edited by sasural on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.