It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:24 am 

Tamil DVD Clearance @ www.DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

DVDUnlimitedOnline.Com

Also look out for more tamil dvd clearance in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks
bgee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:51 pm 

Thanks for posting this.

All: Distributors, Manufacturers (and by large even (r)etailers, want to be out of Tamil DVD business (cant blame them), so I got a whole lot of tamil DVDs (Pyramid mostly) for cheap from a frustrated distributor! Passing on the reduced price to you (50% off). Stocks are limited,please rush.

Future of tamil dvd in US is :( :shock: :?

Thanks
bgee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:57 am 

Better link

Tamil DVD Clearance @www.DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:45 pm 

Why do they want to be out of Tamil DVD business I could only guess they dont sell very well If you want them to sell quick then I would put them on E-bay. This wil have a big impact on your business too
bgee you seem like a very nice/honest person DVD retailers are not like that
JAT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:21 pm 

Yes, you are right. There is no demand for Tamil movie. Alaipayuthe CD was sold 25K in US in the first month, now Sivaji is sold less than 500. Same for DVD as well. So the demand is less and does not justify the distribution network. Many reasons

1. online paid view service (legal)
2. online free view service (illegal)
3. online download (legal)
4. mp3 online (illegal)
5. bringing dvd from india (Westtop, Moser-bear now) - grey area

many reason why tamil DVD is going out of business. (Telugu already gone!).

Also Ayngaran does not know how to offer competitive rate, so they themselves are digging their hole.

Last but not least, this is not just tamil. this is for every single language. Hindi has wider reach and has enough demand and population to justify distribution network. My feeling is that hindi DVD/CD will face similar situation in next 3 to 5 years. We all then can watch pay per view in our regular cable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:41 pm 

MP3 is a big problem. Torrent sites now upload CDs the day it is released, whether it is from India or Malaysia. I always download the mp3s just to preview, and if I like the album I buy the CD.

I can't even be bothered to download recent Tamil movies. Nothing interests me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:56 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
MP3 is a big problem. Torrent sites now upload CDs the day it is released, whether it is from India or Malaysia. I always download the mp3s just to preview, and if I like the album I buy the CD.

same here!

btw, i saw combo sivaji on your site, is it pirate or Indian edition?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 pm 

sivaji/chandramukhi - legal, low resolution copy from Ayngaran released in the name of Shruthilayam.

We dont sell pirated dvds.

I would say we have 0% pirated, <5% indian edition of our entire collection (about 20K CD and 8K DVD).

Add DragunR2's last point - No movie is interesting enough to buy as well, so another reason for tamil DVD sale going down.

Thanks
bgee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:57 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:

We have decided to stop buying CD also. After a while, we bought ATM cuz of ARR, but its a let down.
Review of 10A (Dasavatharam) is excellent and beyond exception (Music by Himesh), but still we are debating if we need to order or not based on poor performance by ATM. However Sivaji, Chandramukhi, MumbaiXpress and Virumaandi did well, so I think still Rajni and Kamal has some fan followers who blindly buy the CD/DVD.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:33 pm 

bgee wrote:
sivaji/chandramukhi - legal, low resolution copy from Ayngaran released in the name of Shruthilayam.

We dont sell pirated dvds.

I would say we have 0% pirated, <5% indian edition of our entire collection (about 20K CD and 8K DVD).

Add DragunR2's last point - No movie is interesting enough to buy as well, so another reason for tamil DVD sale going down.

Thanks
bgee

LOL, I trust you from my guts as I did your previous partner dvdunlimited! genuine people, genuine stuff! But why the hell ayangran does that? :o

You know we will be happy to use you guys here! I did see, your free shipping, and also, sale promotions will earn you more business! Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:51 pm 

thanks. BTW, we didnt change ownership since we started. we just changed my alias from dvdunlimited to bgee so i can express my view on movies/music with out upsetting few people!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:08 pm 

Well Arsh and bgee its not only Tollywood (Tamil Films) and Bollywood (Hindi Films)
Hollywood (Us) has also been hard hit over the years if you look back a few years (3 or 4) Robert Moore of X COPY burning software was sued over Hollywood DVD piracy, The main reason in my eyes is that people are buying these films from India for as little as 2 hundred rupess each which is much cheaper then ALL USA/UK websites and shops
JAT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 pm 

Yes. Thats probably another reason and a lesson for all the Yash and Eros to learn. They can not sell Chak De India for $20 here and for Rs 399 in India. They are all digging their own hole.

BTW Kollywood (Kodambakkam is the cine industry area) is used for Tamil. Tollywood is used for telugu industry.

Good 2 know that Zoran009 is actually arsh bhai!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:31 pm 

I agree with you 100% bgee, Because you seem such a nice person I want to buy some tittles(Brand New/Sealed) from your website
Thanks
JAT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:59 pm 

bgee wrote:
Yes. Thats probably another reason and a lesson for all the Yash and Eros to learn. They can not sell Chak De India for $20 here and for Rs 399 in India. They are all digging their own hole.

BTW Kollywood (Kodambakkam is the cine industry area) is used for Tamil. Tollywood is used for telugu industry.

Good 2 know that Zoran009 is actually arsh bhai!

you are welcome! It is always a pleasure to have you around!

btw! new BABA dvd did look miles better than the old one!

I think, ultimate we are going to download film for $ or so, watch and discard, itunes style, both hollywood and hindi films, and I think zeros will take lead to milk us some more!

Price of AAg in india is Rs 50, here charging $15 man!

Actually I have seen most South Indian High tech dudes! buying DVDR of Tamil films for $3