It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 pm 

How do you know Jat they are brand new and sealed? They are sealed ok as they repackage them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:09 pm 

Because they have No scratches on them

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:30 am 

I don't think, I will be ordering from IW again. don't know about used/new DVDs, as far as I know they are new. Delayed shipping was something I very much deal with. But last 2 orders, one was sent wrong DVD, and other one sent different DVD than what was advertised - I know that sometime they do say when DVD is released by like shemaroo/eros, means most likely I will be getting shemaroo, but in this case DVD was advertised with subtitles and from adlabs and ended up with t-seriles without subs, and it was for someone who don't know hindi. I contacted them and they said, once I place order I should tell them which company I would like to have it from. why should I have to? when you have adlabs advertised product with adlabs in description, than why?

I may place order with them if I don't find any better but they sure won't get many as they used.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:45 am 

chrish wrote:
I don't think, I will be ordering from IW again. don't know about used/new DVDs, as far as I know they are new. Delayed shipping was something I very much deal with. But last 2 orders, one was sent wrong DVD, and other one sent different DVD than what was advertised - I know that sometime they do say when DVD is released by like shemaroo/eros, means most likely I will be getting shemaroo, but in this case DVD was advertised with subtitles and from adlabs and ended up with t-seriles without subs, and it was for someone who don't know hindi. I contacted them and they said, once I place order I should tell them which company I would like to have it from. why should I have to? when you have adlabs advertised product with adlabs in description, than why?

I may place order with them if I don't find any better but they sure won't get many as they used.

Ditto from me - as a customer I don't want to be treated as though I am in the wrong for not knowing that they do not advertise their goods on their web-site correctly. I would only order from them if I am not in a hurry to receive my DVDs and if i cannot find the DVDs that I want elsewhere. I'm still looking for another on-line store to try out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 pm 

chrish why didn't you return your DVD back to Indiaweekly they would have given you store credit to order something else or a REFUND
Chrish Where do you buy your DVD's from????
MUZ where do youm by your DVD's from
JAT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:33 pm 

they didn't offer shipping reimbursement, and my work schedule wouldnt have gave me time to go postoffice, as I work night shifts and I was also going out of town for week.

I didn't bother returning as It would have been more trouble returning, if I had that much time in hand, than I would have just get it from store in town. I still though mistake can be made as it was kids dvd and DVD they sent me has very similar name in compare to one I ordered, but they still look at their item number and cost. So I didn't bother and after this I had placed order, but than it became 2nd order in a row was sent wrong-as i mentioned, advertised adlabs dvd in picture - adlabs as distributor but got t series with no subtitles. Finally, i gave up and I emailed and simply asked them to sent at least what they show in description, and as I said, what they replied, that I should email which version-company DVD I would like to receive after placing order and they will ship it. That's where I felt worse, if it had two different company advertised like shemaroo/eros for example, I may understand, but when it's just says Distributor - adlabs, than why do I have to?

So far I had been buying from them, now I order from nehaflix, musicindiamovies etc, may b will order from indiaweekly too, but it will not be my first choice, as long as I get it from others, I won't buy there. I so far have excellent experience with nehaflix, they shipping orders same or next day and delivers quick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:43 pm 

The thing is that musicindiamovies have shipping and handing charges which means that there postage would work at to be more then Indiaweeky and Nehafilx
The stores to aviod are http://www.dvddhamka.com and http://www.bollywooddvds.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:02 pm 

Price always makes a difference, but it ends up very close or same at musicindiamovies, I am just happy as long as I get it in reasonable time. I just don't understand, when retailer like indiaweekly has customers who are willing to place orders every time they need something, and has ability to offer good prices, they should do better than anyone else. and mostly they do, but when they don't, they make a mess of it.

yeh, dvddhamaka.com definitely not in list.

Last edited by chrish on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:17 pm 

At least u agree with me about http://www.dvddhamaka.com :lol: :lol: :lol:
JAT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:26 pm 

Indiaweekly will be out of business soon. The countdown has begun.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:53 pm 

Who says

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:57 pm 

Report them to the BBB for corrupt practices if they're so bad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:22 pm 

They are NOT bad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:10 pm 

I have to agree with with the re-packaging. I've bought new dvd's from them and the dvd's were scratched. Maybe not all of them are but I definitely agree with them selling used dvd's as new.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:43 pm 

They can get scratched in the post going from 1 place to another and some times the dvd cases come loose from the companys so if you are going to blame Indiaweekly also think of the above reasons
JAT