All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: About Indiaweekly
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:07 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
check this out at http://www.indiaweekly.com/profile.asp
it says:
Quote:
About IndiaWeekly.Com

IndiaWeekly.Com is the Leading Online Retailer for Indian Entertainment Products as per Consumer Survey conducted by Zulm.net.

Really old .. The had linked to us in the past because of that survey but later the link for dvd reviews was removed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:45 pm 

Can someone please explain the shipment process and what the difference is between the per item cost and the shipment cost in regards to sending to the UK. Many Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 am 

Its like Per shipment means That's Fixed Price u will be charged for your order in Addition to that, Per DVD u add, there will be a Cost per DVD to it.

So For example, $5.00 per Shipment and $1.00 per DVD, so $6.00 total , more DVD more $1.00 per DVD in it.

But shipping charge is high for DVD sets n all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:13 pm 

I have dealt with IndiaWeekly.com for years and, in the past year, have noticed a deterioration in service.

First off, they have always discouraged refunds by not reimbursing the buyer for return shipping on defective merchandise and, once the item is returned, they do not automatically credit your credit card. Instead they tell you to e-mail them before you submit your order and they would take that amount off. This process is very complicated and time consuming and pretty much does not apply to time limited sales since the sale is over by the time they even respond. If you ask for a refund on your credit card, you usually have to send a few e-mails before they agree.

IndiaWeekly.com also does not have any place for you to pull up your own account so, if you misplace a receipt, you are dependent on them obtaining the information.

In the past few months, their actions have caused me completely disassociate myself with them and to report them to the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General's Office in Arizona and Connecticut plus get cash back on my Mastercard.

The first thing they did was not why I have taken all the action cited above. I ordered two DVDs and 7 CDs. I received both DVDs and but only two CDs. The invoice only indicated that one CD was on back order. When I informed them that they left out 5 CDs and that the total shipping costs on the package would have been more had all the CDs been there , they acted like I was at fault and grudgingly sent me two of the CDs in a plain unpadded envelope and refunded the balance.

The issue that caused me to report IndiaWeekly was over bait and switch tactics that they used regarding the Paheli DVD. Nowhere in the description of the item did it say that there are commercials throughout the DVD. Had that been mentioned, I would have never purchased it from them. When I finally realized that I purchased the item from their company, they acted like I did not know what I was talking about. All I wanted was for them to give me the DVD that they advertised. During the months and many e-mails that followed, they lied stating that they did not have the Paheli DVD to exchange and then, when I caught them in the lie by finding Paheli listed for sale, they said that too much time elapsed but that, if I returned my copy at my expense, they would credit me $4.99 minus a 20% restocking fee. I explained the story to MasterCharge and they took off the 6.99 plus 1.25 shipping charge from the copy that is available from my previous order and filed a complaint in their records.

Last edited by dmitrirex on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 am 

I know that any company with such a spotty, at best, record across several forums probably doesn't deserve my business. I've been very happy with Nehaflix who have been very fast and responsive to the few issues I've had. I have yet to branch out to anyone else apart from H2B.com/Flixflow, who are also very good. As long as there are retailers out there who have proven themselves to me, I'll continue to use them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 pm 

Shortly after filing my reports, I received a phone call from one of the owners of Indiaweekly.com. He wanted to make things right for me so, in the next 45 minutes, I explained all my concerns and those that everyone else has mentioned. I even directed him to this thread and he read some of it while we were on the phone. He apologized for how I was treated and still wanted me to remain a customer. He told me if I ever had any problems, to contact him directly. He also agreed to the following:

1. Send me a good copy of Paheli at his expense and I do not need to return the copy with the commercials.
2. Make it easier for customers to obtain refunds as opposed to the useless "credit" that everyone here hates.
3. Look into developing a dual system where customers can either establish an account to track back purchases or order without an account number.

I am sure that I left something out and we talked about other issues, especially DVDs with commercials. I asked him if he has much contact with the manufacturers in India and he said that he did so I told him that the companies are only encouraging customers to seek out pirated DVDs that do not have commercials if the companies continue to add commercials within the context of the films. He saw my point and promised to pass it on.

I just received Paheli today and, as promised, it is the good copy. So, gritting my teeth as I type this, I feel obligated to give IndiaWeekly.com another chance if, for nothing else, to observe the improvements in the service.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:18 am 

Honestly, for Indian DVDs I have not find a good e store to always order from. They are all crappy.

Some would take long, some send you used items!!! or deteriorated ones others charge high prices and high shipping prices.

The best experience I had is buying through Ebay. where I get new items., good price and shipping cost and fast delivery too.
No online store can provide all these together

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:43 am 

halimali wrote:
Honestly, for Indian DVDs I have not find a good e store to always order from. They are all crappy.

Some would take long, some send you used items!!! or deteriorated ones others charge high prices and high shipping prices.

The best experience I had is buying through Ebay. where I get new items., good price and shipping cost and fast delivery too.
No online store can provide all these together

Have you ever tried www.induna.com They have some very good prices on T Series,Shemaroo which are mostly 2.75 USD but some are higher.Shipping to USA is 1.50 per dvd but they charge 15.50 for the 1st dvd so if you buy 14 dvds it is 2.50 shipping and at 2.75 will be 5.25 and www.nehaflix.com charges 7.00 plus shipping.Shipping from India at www.induna.com is 1 week or less.