It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: About Indiaweekly
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 pm 

Hello,
is indiaweekly website not working? Because 3 days ago I've ordered six DVDS from them and now they are not responding. Is this scam? Please tell me this is the first time I ordered from indiaweekly. Nehaflix never does this to me. And the tracking page is not working. Whats going on? This looks to me scam. Response please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:37 pm 

Indiaweekly is not a scam site so not to worry. Also most people on this forum have ordered from Indiaweekly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:30 pm 

I have ordered TONNES from them .. trust me its not a scam ;)

The email confirmations for order received arrives in your inbox almost instantly but the email for when the shipment has been shipped arrives usually 1-2 after they have actually shipped it :shock: Sometimes I would receive this email after I received the movies :P

Rest assured though ... They are legit and not a scam company 8)

Post subject: Re: About Indiaweekly
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:19 pm 

Hi
Indiaweekly is NO scam its used by most people in the UK and USA the only website to aviod is Jolly's http://www.bollywooddvds.com because the price's are sky high
Hope that helps
JAT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:05 am 

I once ordered 5-6 DVDs from Indiaweekly and 2 of them were badly scratched and from the packaging it seemed that they had been repacked. That was my first and last experience ordering Indian DVDs online and since then I have always been hesitant to do so again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:53 pm 

Hi Bro sanjay,
If the 2 DVD's were badly scratched you could send them back and IW would have given you store credit with that you could have brought the DVD's of the same tittle again or some thing else if you wish so

let me say again that Indiaweekly are much much better the Jolly (http://www.bollywooddvds.com) Jolly= 1 DVD £20.00 (http://www.indiaweekly.com)= about 4 DVDs for that amount

AVOID JOLLY http://www.bollywooddvds.com

Hope that helps you
JAT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:51 am 

what the heck is wrong with indiaweekly's shipping rate calculations??!! $36.. something for shipping 7 DVDs! :shock: This was for 2 of 2 disc dvd set and rest single discs :? I tried month ago to order and it showed like 28 bucks for 4 dvds and I had contacted their customer service, that you have problem in your site, and they said, that 2 dvd sets shipping cost more, but i ordered couple of hours later and worked fine, regular charges, and now it's like $5.00 per dvd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:29 pm 
Sanjay wrote:
I once ordered 5-6 DVDs from Indiaweekly and 2 of them were badly scratched and from the packaging it seemed that they had been repacked. That was my first and last experience ordering Indian DVDs online and since then I have always been hesitant to do so again.

it’s a dubious site their dvds have scratch marks, smudgy finger prints on them and are dirty. Can’t see why zulm is swamped with links and ads to IW site to buy their dvds when they are in bad condition repackaged and not clean ? :? Lots of people told me they won’t buy from IW cos their grimy dvds can wreck up a dvd player .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:41 pm 

JADOO, THATS JUST A WHOLE LOAD OF BULL SHIT, I HAVE BROUHT MANY DVDS FROM INDIAWEEKLY THE DVD'S HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN LIKE HOW YOU HAVE SAID THEY ARE,
THE DVDS WILL NOT WRECK YOUR DVD PLAYER

GUYS DONT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF JADOO'S POST ABOUT INDIAWEEKLY

INDIAWEEKLY ARE MUCH BETTER THEN
JOLLY http://WWW.BOLLYWOODDVDS.COM AND MANY OTHERS

JADOO WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR DVDS FROM ???
JAT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:21 pm 

I recently ordered from IndiaWeekly - the discs took a long time to arrive and when they did over half of the order was incorrect (they sent me titles that I didn't order and sub-standard 'Ultra DVD' versions). They did offer to exchange - but to be totally honest I could do without the hassle of finding time to package them and send them back and then wait who knows how long to get my replacements. I ordered these as a present and ended up putting in an order to NehaFlix who delivered within a couple of days with no issues!

I will stick to using Nehaflix from now on but would be interested if anyone knows of a reliable company that is based on the East Coast (NY/NJ or CT) as I do like to shop around. Nehaflix are great for new releases - but they do not stock many back catalogue DVDs (something that IndiaWeekly does do). I used to use IndiaWeekly on a regular basis - but had a number of issues with low quality discs coming from them (the only BEI rotten discs I had were from IndiaWeekly!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:11 pm 
Jat
i've seen thier (IW) dvds get stuck in people's dvd players the tray wouldn't open, dvd player stopped functioning they had to pry it out with a screw driver, thats how bad their dvds are.
Like Muz said they're nothing but trouble, you have to pay postage to send back the crap they send you it's not worth the effort buying their junk in the first place

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:23 pm 

Jadoo
This has never happened to me when I ordered from India Weekly
Neha Flix sell Pirate DVD’s and they have crap Customer Service
Here are some posts from other people

viewtopic.php?t=5125

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6808&hilit=Neha+Flix

Muz when you say I recently ordered from IndiaWeekly how long ago do you mean
JAT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:44 pm 

Oh it was about 3 weeks ago ... kind of wish I hadn't even bothered with that order now!

Anyway - I have not had pirates from Nehaflix - neither have I had pirates from IndiaWeekly - believe me I can spot a pirate miles away! I have some 600 plus indian DVDs and none of them are pirates!

Out of interest - did you even read the posts that you attached all the way through? If you did I do not know why you have such a poor opinion of NehaFlix? It seems that everything in the posts about them selling pirates was ... 'I've heard' or 'I think' and nothing was definitate.

Also with regards to the post from Hardev about not gettinng his DVDs - well I used to live in the UK and often ordered DVDs from the US that were held by UK customs (and significantly delayed) before I received them.

Finally - at the end of the day it's your money and time. I have given my recommendation - but I have no personal bias either way.

I used to use IndiaWeekly all of the time - I had problems - stopped using them ... tried them again and had another bad experience ... so no more for a while. So far - have not had problems with NehaFlix - but if I do I would not use them again unless they resolved my problem to my satisfaction.

If you are in the Uk I would suggest using play.com - by far the best place for ordering Indian DVDs in the UK and I never, ever had any issues with them at all!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:00 pm 

I read some of the posts that I sent you, wait till you get a Faulty disc from Neha Flix then you will say JAT you were wright man because you have to pay postage both ways 1 when you send it back to them and 2 when they are going to send it back to you
JAT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:31 pm 

Generally if I get a faulty disc I don't bother to return it - normally it goes in the bin and I do not order from that retailer again ... well aside from Amazon who arrange to have it picked up. I never have time to get to the post office when it is open.

Anyway - the law of averages is on my side for now ... but thanks for your concern! :D