It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:49 pm 

Sometimes in the past i have made furious attacks on the sleazy/shady companies in the US, selling bollywood dvd's, and i know most of you hate them as much as i do. Still, like the stupid fool (i guess i am) i've continued buying stuff from them, lots of stuff. They do have an attractive big catalogue to offer, after all, i thought. But now i've given up.
I'm talking about the two biggest retailers here, at one of them, the only descent guy quitted some years ago (unheard since?).

I trade with retailers all over the world, so at first at phase one i thought these people, maybe sadly for some reason, weren't as intelligent as others.
At phase two i thought they suffered from severe syphilitic brainrot.
Finally at phase three i found out they were just plain criminals.
Yes, there should be no "special" rules for people from India, or from indian descent, that they've the right to be more stupid than other races, and be free to cheat people for that reason.

I'm not complaining here about receiving dvd editions with poor quality, blurry, color over-saturated picture with freezing problems. That's not the retailers fault, that's Eros, Eagle, WEG, Spark etc. fault. I'm talking about receiving, year after fucking year, tons of scratched up loose discs.
And lately (not when the good guy managed it, i think) RE-SEALING LOOSE SCRATCHED DISCS and selling these as new for full price (i'm talking up to 20 USD for new releases).
THAT'S CRIMINAL, and may these assholes burn in hell for it.

When complaining of recieving lots of loose and scratched up discs, at the slightly less criminal companies of the two (they do not re-seal dvd's, i think) Jennifer at Customer Relations said:

"Do note, most Indian Products are not up to the 1st Class Standard so far whether it is DVD's or another item".....(Ha, that's the truth and a frank girl, i like that, but......) "As you do know, the Indian DVD quality is not known for packaging, this is how all manufacturers ship to us and we have no choice. You should see how manufacturers ship to us. We do not reseal any DVD's...."
So, they send out loose scratched discs to customers on purpose (and hope that only a few will return them?) because they are to chicken to complain to the manufacturer. Assholes!

The other big american retailer of bollywood DVD film lately sent me a whole bunch of new releases, full priced, RE-SEALED destroyed dvds, all scratched up. May they burn in hell! I have many yet unopened dvds from them (i have a small shop) and only a week ago i opened one of their films, and it was re-sealed and destroyed with scratches.
YOU CRIMINAL FUCKERS!

And yes, with both these companies you can return the items and get your money back, but the hurt is done already. Think about a shop that sends one of these shit items out to one of it's customers. That's nothing but a catastrophe! All one's goodwill blown away at once, because of these criminal sleazy shitsellers.

I'm amazed that people on this forum even are talking about these shit companies and their price- or shipping offers.

So if my harsh tone here hasn't made you pissed off/angry at me, finally here's my question from the topic subject:

What about european dvd retailers? Do anyone out there have any experience with big orders from UK companies (like Play.com or others).
Is this thing with re-sealing dvd's or send out one's with loose discs, a problem in europe too?
I would be very glad for any info at all, please....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:29 pm 

Quote:
I'm amazed that people on this forum even are talking about these shit companies and their price- or shipping offers.

Then what else should we talk about on this forum?

Quote:
So if my harsh tone here hasn't made you pissed off/angry at me,

Naaah! Most of us share the same feelings as you do. Join the club of bitchers! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:45 pm 

[quote="JamesBond007
Then what else should we talk about on this forum?

Ha, ha, yes, we should talk about how shitty they are, but often you see something like this: Wow! .....(shit company).... now offers free shipping for 3 days, or shipping discount, or big sale on Yash Raj etc. What's the point with this optimism, when you only get re-sealed/or loose scratched up discs anyway?

[ Naaah! Most of us share the same feelings as you do. Join the club of bitchers! :lol: [/quote]

Thanks, i'm not alone at least. :)

But, if there are any descent, serious retailers out there, that DO NOT: put dvd's with already loose discs in it, in customers parcels, or re-seal scratchy loose discs and then sell as new, these deserve to be mentioned. So folks, how about UK retailers, what's your experience with these, please send feedback. Maybe there's an weird US retailer after all (=not criminal), that's OK, i don't know, please tell if so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:14 am 

I have a very good solution--
You can set up shop and see how it works..You will have first hand experience and probable will never be as angry again..[/quote]

If you have a shop and receive defective DVD's with loose and scratched up discs:

You complain to the manufacturer, you do NOT send them out to your customers and charge full price 18-20 USD, then you are, by all definitions, worldwide (with possible exception for american dvd retailers of indian descent?) considered a CRIMINAL.

Maybe accepted if the retailer on it's site clearly declares that the dvd's delivered can be heavily scratched and is bought on the customer's own risk, and the price are VERY low

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:01 pm 

Guess this is the way you will run your business-Open the dvds and check eacha and everyone of them..hehe[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha.....Nope, but i wouldn't send out defective dvd's with loose discs in it, as they're scratched and destroyed. Ha Ha Ha....Very Funny, Ha Ha.
If you then open a dvd and re-fasten a loose scratchy disc, and the re-seal it and sell it as new for 18-20 USD, you are a CRIMINAL.

Maybe you've a severe reading problem or maybe you're an indian retailer as you don't seem to understand this.

All this would be fine, IF ONLY:

These scumbag US bollywood dvd retailers, on their sites, in big print, stated that they're selling Re-sealed dvd's with scratchy and possibly defective discs for full price

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:40 am 

[quote:
What about european dvd retailers? Do anyone out there have any experience with big orders from UK companies (like Play.com or others).
Is this thing with re-sealing dvd's or send out one's with loose discs, a problem in europe too?
I would be very glad for any info at all, please....[/quote]

My goal was not to have a wordfight here with sweetfriend. From the silence here (i seem to have my own monologue) i understand most people are dissatisfied with bollywood dvd manufacturers, but somewhat satisfied with, or at least apologetic towards, the US based dvd retailers. Fine, but then these retailers will never raise their standards.

As this retailer wrote to me: The manufacturer send them lots and lots of dvd's with loose discs in it rattling around, and then they in "true and proud bollywood customer tradition" (my words) send them out to their customers, for full price naturally. Then if the customer has any complaints it's up to the customer to contact the manufacturer??
Naturally it's the retailer that has to complain to the manufacturer, according to all business laws. What are they afraid of? Are these manufacturers a part of the Mumbai mob? Maybe a request of a safer construction of DVD cases where the discs won't shake free as easily. All parts would win.

I've done business with companies all around the world for over 3 decades now, buying records, VHS, books and dvd films and it has worked out perfectly, doing business with chinese, japanese, korean, US (non-bollywood) companies, european and even russian companies, no problems. But.....with US bollywood dvd retailers...sigh..it's been absolutely hopeless, it's like talking to a wall. You tell them again and again: I have a shop, please do not put dvd's with loose scratched up discs in package as i can't send this stuff out to my customers, but still you sometimes recieve half the shipment with defective destroyed goods, and you have to send it back, and also pay full return postage. As i understand these retailers don't want any big orders, they want to continue their small shady and sleazy operations, sending out defective dvd's to apologetic (and as sweetfriend?) contented customers.

One of these companies had a talented and nice guy Afzal that understood the basic rules of business, and put some effort in providing a nice service. Afzal, where are you now? I miss you. You should start your own business as a safe and serious dvd retailer, you would get many and big customers i'm sure.

OK, no one has answered my initial question about dealing with european retailers, maybe people are annoyed with my long "ranting" postings and won't share their input, maybe people are content with US retailers, i'm off now, sorry to disturb anyone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:41 am 

:o
I suppose i'm in the minority when I say I have had generally good experiences with Nehaflix.com. I have only had two unpleasant experiences with product I have ordered through the mail. The first one involved a double disk Hrithik Roshan film where the second disc was loose and rattling around in the case. I didn't complain because I thought it might have been my fault. (Sometimes, I like to squeeze my mail to see how padding the envelope has.) The second involved my copy of Nagina. The dvd was wedged so firmly in its case that i scratched it trying to remove it! I have never had a problem with disk rot. I try to clean my dvd each time before I watch them. I don't watch them constantly so maybe that helps cut down on wear. However, I have had some problems with the quality of Egyptian Pop audio cassettes. If there is a problem with them I just throw them away and hope I can find another copy that is not a piss poor bootleg. I have experienced the worst customer care from Non-Indian British online sellers dealing in Non-Indian cds. Their attitude can be summed up with the phrase "At least it's in stock and we managed to mail you a copy! Most people don't complain about condition!" Whenever I go into Ghandi Bazaar to buy filmi audio cassettes or a bottle of Thumbs Up I have the same exchange. The owner looks at me with a puzzled expression (perhaps because I am Anglo and don't speak Hindi) and then looks at my handful of audio casettes and then he says, 'No exchange'. To which I usually reply 'Yes, I have been in here before.' I often wonder what he is thinking as rings up my purchase each time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:57 pm 

generally pleasant transactions with nehaflix. even replaced faulty discs with another title after 3 of the same title has disc rot.

stopped buying from indiaweekly after strong suspicions that they sent me some pirated Ultra DVDs (missing seal, cover looks like printed off some cheap inkjet printer).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 pm 

Sorry gotta say this NEHAFLIX.COM are a bunch of THIEVES!

If your transaction goes through - GREAT! If you need to return BOY O BOY do they make your life difficult - they also TRIPLE CHARGE for delivery! whats that about?! EG:

- I brought a dvd - it was defective - I PAYED FOR INIATIAL PnP and PnP FOR THE RETURN (thats twice, yes?)

- I HAD TO PAY FOR THE NEW DVD TO BE POSTED OUT (THATS A THIRD TIME)

ALL THIEVES to make a quick buck - Have u read their STUPID returns policy You have to pay for returns Because thats what you would do in a high street shop - WELL NO, Play.Com, Amazon etc, if therers a defective product they REFUND your PNP no quibbles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:48 pm 

I hope these if any high def dvds should be sold by main stream retailers so no one has to put up with these crappy services