It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:46 pm 

Yup .. Zellers in Canada is selling hindi dvds .. some from BEI, Video Sound, Samrat and some made in the US 2in1's :shock: They are all $7.99 Canadian. Not bad considering stores in Canada sell originals for way more than $8 .. even if you buy them online with shipping they sometimes work out to more. Best thing though .. if you buy a Video Sound or Samrat and it fails on you or is already rotten you can exchange it (within a certain number of day only though, I believe it 30days). I picked up Junglee, Aks and Bas Itna Sa Khwab Hai plus some 2in1s. I will post what they look like later ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:19 am 

did u ask them if they will start with utv and eros/ etc... for new movies at least they wont be like 35 like in the indian stores, plus i get a 20% discount since i work in the electronics dept at the bay ( i wounder if they will start it there soon to since its their sister store)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:20 am 

It was in the cheap section .. $4.99 International Movies section. I checked out the AKS, it was the Eros version and guess what, disc rot! :evil: I aint going to bother with the dvds and will just return everything. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:48 am 

Hey! Hey! U L what gives? I thought with your new fandangle toy " Samsung 40" LCD HDTV" you gave up on Indian DVDs. Now you" picked up Junglee, Aks and Bas Itna Sa Khwab Hai plus some 2in1s". Yet you are selling and giving away a bunch of them? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:50 am 

Dont be like my wife James Bro :P

I picked up AKS is hopes of it being the 2 disc version, turned out to be the single disc. I actually knew it was single but hoped it would be the disc from the 2 disc set. Junglee I was after, I always liked it but stores were selling them for $15. Bas Itna Sa Khwab Hai .. I liked. The 2in1s I picked up out of curiosity and I actually tested out one .. Aankhen/Kohraam, replicas of Video Sound they turned out to be. Side One Aankhen, Side Two Kohraam. Quality doesnt appear to be comprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:02 am 

are the 2in1s originals?
did the eros disc look original/fake?
thats kind of odd that they would get these, or did they have indian dvds for a long time but gave up, hence in the clearence
i phoned and they said they have dvds for 7 bucks, i wish they would start with new dvds at least i can get them for $20 then
btw, UL did they have murder/aksar there? ( wanna get it for the songs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:09 pm 

izzy wrote:
are the 2in1s originals?
did the eros disc look original/fake?
thats kind of odd that they would get these, or did they have indian dvds for a long time but gave up, hence in the clearence
i phoned and they said they have dvds for 7 bucks, i wish they would start with new dvds at least i can get them for $20 then
btw, UL did they have murder/aksar there? ( wanna get it for the songs)

Re: AKS the disc 100% original that is for sure ..

Nah they arent on clearance its just the internation section where they usually have the cheap kungfu dvds .. they just added hindi ones to them.

I did see Murder there .. any Video Sound ones I didnt touch .. they had some Samrat ones as well .. I only went for the Eros/BEI and 2 of the 2in1s. So far I only tried AKS (rotted), 2in1 Kohram/Aankhen (Kohram looked good, didnt check Aankhen yet).

for Aksar, you are better off getting a cheap T-Series song DVD Rip from Albion/Islington if your in Toronto. Video Sound :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:02 pm 

i went to zellers and got murder dei rangeela and dei badal
i thought dei badal was basicly extinct i found it behined the videosound version of it
dei rangeela and badal seem to be original but i have my doubts on murder
wasnt the videosound label on murder in shiney gold? mine just has the videosound thing in yellow and not in shiney gold, and the disc is in gold media ( the dark colour one which is common in those pirate hindi song dvds that get shipped from pakistan) i played it and seems to be working fine
today zellers down here had a sale 15% off in electronics so that docked of the gst and pst, plus my 15% discount it came to $19.98
i wounder if their "dealer" for indian dvds is from pakistan lol that would be funny
i asked the person in the electronics section if they will get new ones as soon as they come out and the guy told me
we dont know which movies are popular so we dont know which one to carry ( this guy was indian and had a total deep indian acent, plus he was the store manager lol, zellers is desperate for employees) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Dont be like my wife James Bro :P

:lol:

Is that the little Legend? Cute fella! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:36 pm 

yup lilla legend 8) :P so cute!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:48 pm 

arsh wrote: