It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:22 pm 

I ordered a few Eros titles but was very surprised to find Nehaflix (NF) sent me the titles I ordered on the Ultra label. Eros may not be perfect but its much better than Ultra, so I am really disppointed with NF. Has anyone else had the same done to them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:13 am 

The Indian-DVD market is shadier than I'd like to imagine. How is it that so many DVDs are released by Eros as well as Shemaroo? How many god-damned versions of Baghban-DVDs are there (legitimately)? I've never seen an "Ultra" DVD, but I wouldn't be surprised if they claimed rights. Hell, Eros is far from clean (and I mean beyond the fact that very many of their DVDs look as though they've been pulled from a horse's ass); how the hell do these assholes claim to have been in business for "25 years"? "Eros" didn't hot the market until the mid-1990s; prior to that, "Esquire" was the leader in Indian home-video. Eros can't possible (legally) count those years, even if it is the same company with a new name, because I'm pretty sure that Esquire was shut down (by force, not volition). Whatever...

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:54 am 

Wait...DEI is/was awesome. Some of the best Indian DVDs have come from DEI's collaboration with Eros, and from DEI's working alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:21 am 

Commando303 wrote:
Wait...DEI is/was awesome. Some of the best Indian DVDs have come from DEI's collaboration with Eros, and from DEI's working alone.

I had seen Shirdi Sai Baba DVD from DEI it was the best quality I have seen.

By the way Indiaweekly sells shemaroo Dus DVD instead Kria too.