It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:32 pm 

Stay away from these guys...They have many branches and the one I dealt with was called Kalyaa...
When I terminated my membership with them, they acknowledged it and after a week, I see a $40 charge on my credit card. When I called them, they told me that they had not received the last two DVDs that I mailed back.
I had been a member with them for one year and this had not happened once. Well, I guess they thought it would be a quick $40 for them :evil:
Now I wish I had held on to the DVDs.
Anyway, stay away from Kalyaa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:34 am 

you can do chargeback on credit card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm 

I am not sure what chargeback means.
This is what happened though - The credit card company revoked the payment they made to ZDag. A couple of months later the card company contacted me to find if the issue was resolved. All I had was emails from ZDag of all past rentals received. Obviously, there was no email acknowledging receipt of the last two DVDs. The card company wanted some proof that ZDag acknowledged receipt of the last two DVDs which I did not have. Ultimately I had to give in and hence I ended up paying the $40. I am not sure if there is a way out of this. If anybody has please let me know??
Thanks

Post subject: ZDAG
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:39 pm 

I use ZDAG, and have been from for about 1 1/2 years. Sorry to hear of your troubles with them. As for myself I haven't had any major problems with ZDAG. They always reply to my emails with in 2-3 hours. I had one issue with about 3 months back. I never got a few DVDs that they said they mailed out. I emailed them and they said no problem just wrote that DVDs got lost in shipping.

By the way I only use the main ZDAG site, (the one owned by ZDAG) not any of the other stores which are open by other people who are using the ZDAG name.

Be sure to stay clear of desicompany.com I never got my $20 dollars back from them. They don't reply to emails and they no longer answer the phone plus there entire stock is DVD-R rentals on the nice purple disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:33 pm 

KSingh, you may be one of their preferred customer because I don't get any service like you do. I just terminated my membership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:26 pm 

I'm still with ZDAG, and still no issues. I must be one of the lucky customers touch wood.