It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:43 am 

Well if you dvdunlimited nuthuggers are finished sharing your ‘great’ experiences

I like to share my bad experience with them…

about a year ago or so, I ordered a telugu dvd from them. Before I ordered from them, however, I e-mailed them saying that I was interested in getting that dvd but wanted to make sure it had english subtitles (as I don’t speak telugu). Anyways, they quickly returned my e-mail assuring me that the dvd did indeed had english subtitles. So I went ahead and placed the order. I got the dvd a while later and the dvd had absolutely no subtitles. After this I immediately sent an e-mail about the problem, though there was no response. I sent another e mail a while later, and again with no response.

So basically not only was this loser dishonest, but if it was some mix up on his part, then he made no attempt in trying to fix it (apart from ignoring my emails)

so basically what I am trying to say is that if you don’t appreciate dishonesty or guys who just try to take your money from you through any means possible (whether it be lie, cheat or steal) then stay away.. stay far away from dvd unlimited

oh and btw, since then I have ordered my telugu stuff from 1800imall.com, and they have been really good so far. But I can’t say for certain considering I have only ordered from them 2 or 3 times…

and ripping people off seems to be a trend with these indian dvd site idiots nowadays :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:19 am 

Sorry to hear about your bad experience - so far mine has been very good if not excellent. I still rate them to be THE best online shop for Indian DVD's , def. a big thumps up for Tamil and Hindi DVD's , although don’t have much experience with telugu flicks. Perhaps judging by one order is being a little "too harsh" but then you are always welcome to have your opinion and sharing it with us. BTW which dvd did you order ?

For the record I don’t represent DU in any way other than being a client of theirs and I shop for DVDs from all over the world and have seen enough to make a judgment.

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:28 am 

it was shiva (the original telugu)

and after seeing that dvdunlimited loser here on zulm, I decided why not pick up form him…

anyways, you can imagine how alarmed I was when I saw that dvdunlimited nuthugging thread today here on the online shopping board (I usually stay on the tv/movie board)

so I decided to post my experience, before other potential victims are scammed

and dvdisoil, this money hungry loser is bound to scam you sooner or later, I recommend you quit while you are ahead…

Last edited by Mola Ram on Sun May 07, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:47 pm 

dvdisoil

Thanks for your support. We do sell Telugu titles, but we keep low profile, because companies like KAD and iDream start selling them directly and most of the old titles are Pirated. Until Telugu market comes back to its glory we cant do much.

Thanks
DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

Last edited by bgee on Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:08 pm 

Mola Ram wrote:
and dvdisoil, this money hungry loser is bound to scam you sooner or later, I recommend you quit while you are ahead…

Can you give me a suggestion for my Indian DVD purchases ?. So far I have tried (in US)

- Indiaweekly
- Nehaflix
- 1800imall
- IndiaPlaza
- themahal
- dvdunlimitedonline

And among them DU is the best (at least for my needs). Very rarely do you see an online retailer interacting on message boards with its customer base (the only other group in US I know is DDD, Digital Eyes). Trust me interacting on message boards is the best way to reach your customers, know what they like/not like etc. Also he is kind enough to post valuable screenshots and gives personal opinion on movies - even goes to the extent to say don’t buy this movie/cd ! . I say Thumps up for that alone .

It just hurts to see that a post like this "could" potentially hurt business for an honest shop.

I should stop here - for it is starting to appear as if I am representing DU.

My 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:00 pm 

dvdisoil... you dont have to worry.. Mola Ram's purchase is 1 year old...If DVD UNL is willing to refund his cost it should satisfy him... However, my limited interaction with DVD UNL has been good (to say the least)... Very prompt shipping....

With the departure of Afzal, Indiaweekly has lost its touch (unfortunately).. Nehaflix was a pretender and not a contender !... For telugu dvds ...iDream sure is the way to go ....very good site indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:02 am 

MOLA RAM......... you are coming out with this crap now? I think you are pulling this BS to give publicity to 1800imall. It’s been one year since you bought that stupid DVD, and you have a public concern now?? I don’t think there are any sites that I haven't tried to buy Indian DVDs, and 1800imall is one of the worst online retailers for DVDs. Horrible customer service, and pirated DVDs. Once I ordered Hindi movies worth over 150 dollars, and EVERY SINGLE of them were FAKE. I must say I never had any problem with the Tamil movies, but I stopped ordering from them since that incident. I never bought Telugu from them, because I know there are pirated Telugu DVDs, and pretty sure that 1800imall may have fake ones.

Now, I bought Tamil DVDs from dvdunlimited a few times. They had been very good with customer service, and shipping. I had one problem with them, but they handled it extremely well. I must say that dvdunlimitedonline is one of the best sites for south Indian movies.

I have a request to make to dvdunlimitedonline. I am a person who buys DVDs right when it comes out. I buy those movies from the first site that puts them for sale. It’s been over 3 days since the Tamil film AYYA came out, and it’s not in your site. I had to place the order from a different site. Almost all famous south Indian sites has that movie on stock, but on your site its hasn't been shown up yet.

BTW, I do not represent DVDUNLIMITED in anyway. I order from many online sites, and so far I found themahal.com, and dvdunlimited are the best for tamil dvds. There are many good sites for telugu movies such as moviexpress.com. I highly suggest DVDUNLIMITEDONLINE than any other sites that sells tamil dvds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:14 am 

Kuttappan

Thanks for your support. Regarding Ayya, it is supposed to be released by Ayngaran. Thats one of the reason why our distributor did not get the product yet.

I tried many sites including, the only site I found having Ayya is TheMahal.com. All the retailers AND etailers in USA buy Tamil DVDs only from 2 sources and 1 of them is Viva Entertainment. They are not only distributors for Ayngaran, but they are also share holders of Pyramid, so if it comes first, it comes to Viva.

FYI we have released 9 Pyramid titles today, which the others sites dont have (and wont have for another few days), so we are trying to be on top, but this is a case where we dont have any other options.

I have requested Viva to get some copies for ourselves, but that would take atleast a week.

Once again thanks for your support. We will try to give you the movies as early as we can.

Thanks
DVDUnlimited

Last edited by bgee on Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:53 am 

Kuttappan, if you and crapunlimited had just taken the time to read through this thread, you would have saved me the time of repeating myself

first, Kuttappan, as you can clearly see this by the thread title, this is not the nuthugging thread,

please direct all your nuthuggin comments to the nuthugging thread!

second, I could not care less about 1800imail and I am not surprised they scammed you..

as I have already said ‘ripping people off seems to be a trend with these indian dvd site idiots nowadays’

and third, crapunlimited

like I already said - ‘I decided to post my experience, before other potential victims are scammed’

so stop with your pathetic attempts to save face - I have already tried to solve this problem with you.. now it is much, much too late for that

this was posted as response to the other thread (which I only saw a few days ago, b/c like I said ‘I usually stay on the tv/movie board’)

I didn’t want zulmis to be fooled by that thread, I wanted to give them the truth

and Kuttappan, this might be bs to you, but I am sure others are glad to have found out before they made a mistake and decided to order from crapunlimited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:46 pm 

Molaram

I removed my postings earlier. I dont have to save my face. My loyal customers are speaking for us. I am sorry that you are not one of them, but then you cant satisty all the people.

If we didnt ship promptly or we shiped a pirated/damaged DVD and never responded, I would have to be ashamed of myself, but if the DVD doesnt have subtitles I cant help it, because we dont burn the DVDs.

Thanks
DVDUnlimited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:43 am 

MOLA RAM...... what is your problem man? I just don't think its fair to talk trash about a business in a public place when they are trying to compensate you. Either dvdunlimited didn't have the same owner a year ago, or you didn't talk to them for sure. Even after one year they are willing to exchange your stupid DVD, but u still like to talk crap about em.

Just today I placed an order with them, and dvdunlimited gave me a call within 2-3 hours to let me know that one of the DVD was out of stock, and suggested a different title. I have ordered from many Indian sites, and if one of the DVDS was out of order they never cared to give me a call.

You don't have to buy anything from them, but send your crap DVD back, and get a new one. How bad can it be?

My only problem with dvdunlimited.com is that they don't put a detailed info about the DVD. Info about subtitles will help a non tamil-telugu person like me. I usually stay away from any other DVDs than AYANGARAN, and TAMILINI, because there are no guarantees that the others will have good subtitles.

Last edited by Kuttappan on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:56 am 

Quote:
SOmetime last year I got a call from Afzal and he said he was in Dallas.Did not keep his phone number .
Does anyone have contact with him as I would like to contact him if he is still in the dvd business.Has not bought from indiaweekly in over a year.

It’s been over 8 months since I bought anything from India weekly. I recommended this site to one of my friend, and he placed an order worth over $200. It was his first time Internet order for movies, and he made a simple mistake on his billing address. Well, anyway they deducted the amount from the credit card, but never shipped the movies. He emailed them, and left couple of messages at their voice mail service. My friend told me about the problem after three weeks. I gave him a different phone number for the sales rep at India weekly, and they told him about the problem after three weeks. They never cared to give a phone call to him, or email him about the billing address issue.

After four weeks since the order, he received the movies yesterday. I am pretty sure he won't go back to India weekly again.

Since knowing this issue with my friend, I have to congratulate dvdunlimitedonline.com for their customer service.

BTW...... Is there a DVD version of MUNTHANE MUDICHU (BHAGYA RAAJ, URVASHI FILM) available?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:22 am 

Kuttappan

Munthanai mudichu is not available in DVD yet. I saw this couple of months back in Sun TV and enjoyed every bit of the movie. This is hte golden days Bhagyaraj movie. Will surely update you as soon as we receive them.

FYI, Ayngaran recently released few AVM titles and looks like they have got copyright for whole bunch of them, so hoping Mundanai Mudichu is one of them.

Another movie that they will release soon is "Sakalakala Vallavan". This is also a major block buster during 80s and will be available soon in DVD.

Thanks
DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:23 am 

Kuttappan wrote:
My only problem with dvdunlimited.com is that they don't put a detailed info about the DVD. Info about subtitles will help a non tamil-telugu person like me. I usually stay away from any other DVDs than AYANGARAN, and TAMILINI, because there are no guarantees that the others will have good subtitles.

Kuttappan

we recently enhaced our site to show both front and backside of the cover. We will update all future releases with front and back cover, so you can see the complete details from the manufacturer itself.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:44 pm 

ya I have never had any problems with nehaflix.. though I did only order from them twice