It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:10 pm 

sweetfriend wrote:
Site is not user friendly.I registered but can not log in as so I guess it is your loss.

We will make improvement. After discussing with few Zulm members, I changed the colors, added the banner at the top (working on flash than a static picture). The only issue we have now is when you place an order, the USPS API is not giving the Flat Rate Envelope rate, simply because it is intended for documents only. I am trying to see how I can cheat the api (by adjusting the weigt etc).

Also do let me know what issues you specifically see. This logon issue is an one off issue only to you, but if you have any other suggestion, please let me know.

FYI, I am also working on customizing the page for each customers. You will be able to choose color template and categories that you want to see. For e.g. if you are interested only in Hindi DVDs and CDs, you will get only those. I cant promise when I can do that, since I have to make the change and make the code public (per GNU agreement), but working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:26 pm 

DVD UNL.... a couple of suggestions from my end also

1.) It would be helpful if you can categorize the dvds as per companies
2.) Same thing goes for Telugu dvds also
3.) I know you have some idream dvds but they were not evident. I guess thats one dvd company producing (or trying to produce) good quality dvds in Telugu

4.) I was wondering if it would be possible for you to get the Baba Digital version of "Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi"..last night I saw the VCD and the print looked decent for a B&W film (not that I am endorsing the product in any way... it will still be interlaced but ..*sigh*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:02 pm 

sknath wrote:
DVD UNL.... a couple of suggestions from my end also

1.) It would be helpful if you can categorize the dvds as per companies
2.) Same thing goes for Telugu dvds also
3.) I know you have some idream dvds but they were not evident. I guess thats one dvd company producing (or trying to produce) good quality dvds in Telugu

4.) I was wondering if it would be possible for you to get the Baba Digital version of "Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi"..last night I saw the VCD and the print looked decent for a B&W film (not that I am endorsing the product in any way... it will still be interlaced but ..*sigh*)

We categorize for most of them, excep the new companies. Will properly do it. I also modified to showthe Manufacturer selection on the left side. Check it out.
Regarding idream, you can select from manufacturer selection box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:08 pm 

Well, I am happy to see zulmis found the virtue of dvdunlimited! finally. 8) 2 thumbs up all the way for the team!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:06 am 

I would suggest all zulmi's not to buy any dvd's from indiaweekly as they sell used dvd's. Last month i ordered dvd's from them and they were all shrink wrapped and the discs has scratch marks. When I contacted indiaweekly they denied the fact that they send me used dvd's. I think what they are doing it is they rent out dvd's and they shrink wrap them and sell it as a new. I would suggest to avoid indiaweekly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:49 am 

Quote:
I think what they are doing it is they rent out dvd's and they shrink wrap them and sell it as a new.

Sk isn't this blasphemy! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:19 pm 

Sweetgirlfriend,

Give us a shot again. I found couple of bugs and fixed them recently. So try again.

Thanks
DVDUnlimited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:16 am 

Dvdunlimited, Can you please put more detail info about the DVDS. I would like to know if the DVDS have subtitles. I know companies like ayangaran, and tamilini will have good subtitles. I usually stay away from pyramid DVD because of their subtitles. Subtitles are very important to me when I buy DVDS because it’s hard for me to understand Telugu and Tamil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:26 am 

Will definitely do going forward. Meanwhile, if you have questions about any specific DVD, please PM me, I will respond immediately.

Thanks
http://www.DVDUnlimitedOnline.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:10 am 

Couple of days ago I ordered AYYA along with four other DVDS from THEMAHAL.com. They shipped the movies very next day via usps, but they don't have any Tracking numbers. They charged over $7.00 for shipping, but no tracking numbers are provided. They used to be excellent with their shipping through UPS, but it all went to hell.

I am planing to buy movies only from http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com because their shipping rates are cheaper than http://www.themahal.com. The mahal hiked the free shipping amount from $50 to $100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:58 pm 

Rita wrote:
Give IndiaPlaza.com a shot, nice decent reliable good customer service. 8)

Useless Useless Useless site... Indiaplaza is a site that has been consiged to the dustbins of zulm.net :D what say all ye folks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:07 pm 

sknath wrote:
Rita wrote:
Give IndiaPlaza.com a shot, nice decent reliable good customer service. 8)

Useless Useless Useless site... Indiaplaza is a site that has been consiged to the dustbins of zulm.net :D what say all ye folks !

amen bro!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:50 pm 

hi guys.

im also interested in buying some indian dvds, havent ordered any in years.

so the general concesus is http://www.DVDUnlimitedOnline.com ?

how quickly do they ship to the UK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:32 pm 

bigup wrote:
hi guys.

im also interested in buying some indian dvds, havent ordered any in years.

how quickly do they ship to the UK?

bigup

i was hoping some of zulmni's who buy from us will reply. Anyway, instead of giving answer, I am giving statistics

72% of the orders are processed next day
96% of the orders are processed in 2 days
2% of the orders are marked "out of order" - because we dont have in stock and we could not get the copy in 2 to 3 days. This is usually the case for TELUGU DVDs (since most of the old titles are out of stock and various telugu DVD manufacturers are not actively doing DVD business anymore, Crown (going back to india for good), SDFC (found a good DBA job), EVP (lost his son, so taking a break) to name a few. In this category, some Eros DVD also falls, since there is no proper distributor available who carries all Eros DVDs. You would be surprised that some of the retailers have more Eros DVD collection than the wholesalers.

2% of the orders are processed with in a week - USUALLY all international orders falls on this category - mainly because of communication gap. For e.g. for international order we need CVV number from credit card. Once you place the order, we send a mail asking for CVV number and we get response in 2 days max. Then we process the order.

This is not the case for repeat order though, since we have CVV number. Now when you place the order if you enter CVV number in comments field, that will expedite the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:24 pm 

bigup wrote:

I, like some others here, am very satisfied with them. They've shipped my order promptly.