It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:08 pm 

Dragun as much as I hate to admit it, I have no choice in this matter. I was watching the ripped VCD of that film and it just cracked me up...for 5 bucks I think its worthwhile to get that DVD...Incidently I have 2 other baba dvd's....2 aankehn 12 haath and Rang Birangi (incidently a Shemaroo version also exists..but its interlaced..so whats the big deal)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:29 pm 

DVDU, could you list the shipping rates per DVD/CD on the site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:49 pm 

USPS shipping is by weight, so it depends on the product you select and the service you select.

We provided media mail option, its 75 cents / product and 1.50 handling. This is the rate we calculated using 90 percentile shipping cost, because typically hindi DVDs cost more for shipping (packing) than Tamil and Telugu.

If the DVDs are heavy (like Main Hoon Naa, VZ, LOC), we will ship by media mail, but if the DVDs are light (most of Ayngaran DVD), we will ship by first class.

Thanks
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:56 am 

good to see that DVDUNLIMITEDONLINE.COM is selling malayalam DVDS. I will place an order very soon. Y even bother to get copies of VAMANA PURAM BUS ROUTE. that movie was one of the WORST FROM OUR GREATEST ACTOR MOHAN LAL.

I will still buy VPBR since its from MOHAN LAL :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:17 am 

Hmmm now thats what I call fast...
Placed an order for 2 dvds on March 31st.. Shipped today (April 2nd)... All automated e-mails with complete tracking #s.... Now when was the last time some e-tailer gave me this info :D

If you guys still havent tried out this site, check it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:09 pm 

After a couple of transactions at dvdunlimted, I must conclude that dvdunlimitedonline is my one-stop-shop for Tamil audio cd's!! 8)

The first transaction was prompt, and to my surprise, it arrived very EARLY(IMO).

The second transaction arrived late, but it was partially my fault! There was an error with my credit card! I should say it's the credit card's fault!! But when the parcel arrived, I noticed it was nicely packed, and well-appreciate that!

I'm holding off on purchasing Tamil DVDs because after iDream spoiled us with their quality dvds for $12.99 or less, I just can't let myself purchase crap dvds for the rates that Tamil dvds are at!! DU, can you forward my message to Ayngaran?? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:50 pm 

Pav

Thanks for your feedback.

Good news are on the way, atleast for old titles. I dont think they will reduce the cost for new DVDs, but old catalog titles will be reduced soon.

FYI, Tamil movie cost more to produce, the DVD rights are more compared to Telugu. Inspite of that the volume is not that great. A big hit Telugu movie (e.g. Indra) would sell between 2000 to 3000 in USA in first month. However a big hit Tamil movie (Chandramukhi) would sell only 500 - 750 copies. Ofcourse they have more volume in Europe and Canada, but there also the DVD rate is same!

FYI, Ayngaran reduced their DVD rate by close to $3, but the wholesalers are still selling for the same old price. They think that we (retailers) dont know about that. They are spoiling the market for their margin, where as in case of Telugu DVDs, retailers dont have the wholesalers (to some extend). So the intermediate commission is removed.

I will repeat what you said to Ayngaran and let see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:24 pm 

actually, I'm willing to pay the current rates if they can get iDream/Hollywood quality video/audio!! Very reasonable if that is the case. But for what they are purging out, as a consumer I feel ripped off. I mostly only purchase the Song compilation discs (Isai Thendral) as it has all the songs from all the movies. Most of the movies are garbage anyway. I enjoy music/videos on a daily basis.

It seems either Telugu DVD market has picked up quite a bit, or telugu dvd manufacturers are lieing about sales :roll: I remember a certain etailer claiming that Telugu DVDs for popular actors sell about 200-300 copies at most, even though there is a larger Telugu population in US than tamil, but the Tamil DVDs actually sell 4 to 5 times as much! If they do sell popular DVDs in those large quantities, than why are they bothering with b-grade films that DON'T sell?? I like iDream's approach. Though they don't have all the best titles, about less than half their titles could be considred b-grade, they are concentrating on the quality for the dvds! They aren't wasting their energy on B-grade titles like other manufacturers.

KAD is going to release "MASS" onto DVD. They claim that it's going to be the best DVD ever! I hope this is True! 2000 - 3000 copies are still low figures for all their trouble!! I appreciate good manufacturers efforts, but at the end of the day, it's my wallet, and I feel that my wallet is catering to a lot of people that rent/copy pirate dvds AND audio CD's! It's up to manufactuers to stop piracy. With some sort of ALLIANCE, I'm sure they could put an end to it. some sort of IMPAA :lol: