It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:21 pm 

I bought 5 VCDs from ultraindia.com and they said they shipped it out about a month ago. How long do orders from India usually take to reach the US?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:15 am 

If its by UPS and all custom forms filled completedly it takes about 5-7 business days.

If it is not UPS and thru Indian Postal Service and if it is registered in India, it takes about 15 days to come.

If it is not registered, better prey your god!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:21 am 

Someone I know recently ordered some CDs from India, and they took about 2 months to arrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:04 am 

I wish indian postal service can work like US postal Service. I can't even send ANYTHING to India in mail, there 99% chance that mailed package will get open up and something will go Missing - taken out unless it's just regular letter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:51 pm 

chrish wrote:
I wish indian postal service can work like US postal Service. I can't even send ANYTHING to India in mail, there 99% chance that mailed package will get open up and something will go Missing - taken out unless it's just regular letter.

We used to ship DVDs to India also thru' USPS Global Priority and it always reached the person in India (atleast never got any complaints). The only country where we have issues is Germany. None of the package so far reached the person, so we end up loosing money! So we do not honour any order we get from Germani.

Regarding package coming FROM India, yes there is a definite chance that it will be opened, but surprisingly by US customs and not by Indian postal. We get packages opened and packed by US Customs with a sticker saying "Package opened for custom verification"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:45 pm 

I been considering ordering from ultra.com, but I found they never answer your emails and there is no proper communication with them. I rather not order with a company unless I can link with them via email or telephone before placing the order! Anyone know how I can get their attention?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:30 pm 

:D Email them saying you need about 2000 DVDs and VCDs! You will get replay in couple of Days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:38 pm 

When I first placed the order at ultraindia they didn't send me an email until about 1-2 weeks after. But after that I've had pretty good communication with them and they responded to all my inquiries. They said that my order was shipped out last month through "Syndicate Express PVT. lTD Courier Service." They billed my credit card a few days after they sent it out, but I'm still waiting for the movies to arrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:21 pm 

Next time, you might like to try First and Second.com. They've got a good selection of DVDs and VCDs (many Shemaroo) and they're quick to ship and arrive. The downside is, though, that they're a bit on the pricey side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:14 pm 

Just wanted to mention that my ultraindia.com order arrived this afternoon. It came in a FedEx envelope and everything was pretty well packed (it took forever getting through all the envelope wrappings) The VCDs look great, the quality is far better than what I expected, so I'm pretty glad that everything worked out okay.

At first I was actually planning on ordering from firstandsecond.com because of their Shemaroo VCD selection, but I decided against it due to their prices... but next time I might give it a try. I still want to see a couple of movies they have (Heera, Raakhi Aur Hathkadi, Asha Parekh films...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:29 pm 

Just to mention I processed an order with ultra.com one month ago. Since then I have wrote them several emails but no reply to date. When I processed the order I got a "successful transaction" receipt via email. However, to date my credit card has not been charged.

I will probably drop the matter provided my credit card is not charged ever. Unfortunately I am disappointed as I wanted certain titles that were only available from Ultra on VCD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:46 pm 

Ultra do not accept credit card payments from UK customers as they believe the transaction is not secured. Bhaskar or anyone, how do you pay them...? I can't bother to send them banker's draft or something... Thanks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:02 pm 

I've always paid Ultraindia with my debit card. The last order I placed a while ago, they sent me an e-mail saying something similar..............I e-mailed them and complained, next thing I knew, the order had been processed and my card charged as usual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:17 pm 

I guess they probably allowed you as you are one of their old loyal customer. I tried processing the transaction several times with a debit and credit cards and they refused each time. Its a pity as I wanted some VCDs they have that I have not seen anywhere else.

By the way I ordered some VCDs from the retailer linked below, and they arrived from India within 5 days!

http://webmallindia.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:04 am 

armaan wrote:
I guess they probably allowed you as you are one of their old loyal customer. I tried processing the transaction several times with a debit and credit cards and they refused each time. Its a pity as I wanted some VCDs they have that I have not seen anywhere else.

By the way I ordered some VCDs from the retailer linked below, and they arrived from India within 5 days!

http://webmallindia.com

Very True,

The retailer have good collection from different distrubutors under one roof which is a very thing for one who want to buy in one order,which in turn save shipping charges.shipping charges for 5 CDs is common as far as what i know.Webmallindia are very proactive in expediting there orders.

Try once from http://www.webmallindia.com