It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:28 pm 

Can't imagine a senior person from the company responding, if the juniors can't be bothered! UK is worser than USA - at least they charge only a tiny fraction of the UK price for the same s**t in USA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:09 pm 

dmitrirex wrote:
I have had similar problems with Eros. Over three months, I have received two defective copies of Aks and, on their buy 10, get one free, I requested the copy of Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya with subtitles that was listed and got one without subtitles.

I sent e-mails and only received form letters that signified they never read the e-mails. I tried calling but did not get anyone. Early last month I wrote to the CEO - Mr. Naz - and sent him copies of all my e-mails. I have still not heard back from him.

Any idea how long I should wait before e-mailing the corporate office in UK and does anyone have any idea if that will do any good?

I admit that Eros has great prices but I quit dealing with them because of how shabbily their customer service (??!!) has treated me. Not sure where my quest will take me but, it is just on principle.

at this point u call ur credit card company! imho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:32 am 

arsh wrote:
dmitrirex wrote:
I have had similar problems with Eros. Over three months, I have received two defective copies of Aks and, on their buy 10, get one free, I requested the copy of Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya with subtitles that was listed and got one without subtitles.

I sent e-mails and only received form letters that signified they never read the e-mails. I tried calling but did not get anyone. Early last month I wrote to the CEO - Mr. Naz - and sent him copies of all my e-mails. I have still not heard back from him.

Any idea how long I should wait before e-mailing the corporate office in UK and does anyone have any idea if that will do any good?

I admit that Eros has great prices but I quit dealing with them because of how shabbily their customer service (??!!) has treated me. Not sure where my quest will take me but, it is just on principle.

at this point u call ur credit card company! imho

Took your advice and called the credit card company. They said that they would either see that I get the replacement dvds or credit me $12.

I keep thinking I should do something else and probably will. I will never buy from Eros again but I do not think a company should get by with treating their customers the way they do. I also can't understand their logic. Don't they know that they are losing hundreds, meybe even thousands of customers by their cavalier and non-chalant attitude? Not only do they lose customers that have purchased from them but they also lose potential customers through negative word of mouth and Eros is definitely not the only place to purchase dvds. It just does not make any sense to me. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. Almost reminds me of the plot behind The Producers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:04 am 

[quote="29021980"]I have placed orders with EROS 5-6 weeks back ans since none of the DVDs has been shipped due to unavailability , I have write to EROS to cancel the orders and giev me my money back but I wonder did anyone here has faced a problem with EROS and he/she managed to get his/her money back ! :?:[/quote]

No they dont.

- zuzu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:42 am 

Terrible service. Swindled me of nearly $20 (never sent preordered DVd, would not substitute it with another title). Would not replace defective DVDs. Stopped buying from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:07 pm 

my $50 wholesaler fee is stuck with them also. its cheaper to buy from them if they ever ship on time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:25 am 

I remember having bought 3–4 copies of "Aks," and none worked beyond the intermission. Upon contacting Eros, I was told that they would not do anything, as I had not bought the products directly from them. I told them that this was clearly a manufacturing problem, but they told me that they simply would not do anything about the matter. I told them to eat me, and hung up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:43 pm 

Commando303 wrote:
I remember having bought 3–4 copies of "Aks," and none worked beyond the intermission. Upon contacting Eros, I was told that they would not do anything, as I had not bought the products directly from them. I told them that this was clearly a manufacturing problem, but they told me that they simply would not do anything about the matter.

I wonder if EROS response implies that:

Right Holders distribute master prints or some other copies to their distributors and they independently or jointly manufacture their own DVDs??
Remember India Plaza originating DVDs of a few Yrs back were always on gold media.

It may very well be going on this way ??

Can any DVD insider (dvdunlimited, Jolly, Indiaweekly, ????) provide any insight into this??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:02 pm 

I spent all this time placing DVDs in my cart, and now I can't click "generate order." Is this through some error on my part? What the hell should I do? I've e-mailed Eros, and gotten no response. They don't even give you a god-damned telephone number at which you may call them. I hate this bullshit company! :evil:

Pardon me, but I'm pretty pissed right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:17 am 

sweetfriend wrote:
Maybe you ordeered more than the allotted from the .99 sale.It happened to me as I had one too many and after deleting one the order went thru but then had another problem as the credit card was not accepted and that was since Friday.Tried again today with just 5 and the credit card was denied again.
And Eros only acepts Master Card and Visa --How Ironic.
Have no problems with Nehaflix with the same credit card..

You're right about the problem's having been related to the "99-cents" thing (I figured this out as soon as I posted that message); honestly, shouldn't these idiots tell you that? They never say that you earn ONE 99-cent DVD PER 10 regularly-priced ones that you purchase. Rather, they make it seem as though, once you purchase 10 distinct DVDs (at regular price), the 99-cent list will somehow just be made available to you. Try your credit card number with NO spaces or dashes. My order did, indeed, finally go through. Now, let's just see whether they get the order right or not. I still loathe these jackasses for screwing me on "Aks"; ought not a company to...oh, I don't know, stand behind its product? Eros should really just burn in hell, at this point. Really, no contact telephone number? They're probably just unwilling to deal with all the complaints they'd surely get. Bastards. :?