It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:26 am 

other day I called video sound for wholesale order and they give the price which was actually minimum $1.00 more than other retail stores offers ??? I told them that i been buying from you and I just want to get better prices, and here is what he says - We don't care if you buy from them, they are pirated and we don't care :oo: I think this was rude.

If he don't want to offer good prices, should have at least talked in manners of good business :ohyeh:

So here it goes :bash: I rather buy pirated than.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:47 pm 

There have to be some genuine sellers that can offer solid discounts on dvds.
Otherwise why bother selling genuine stuff.
Can someone rattle off any other good sellers offering substantial discount on dvds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:01 pm 

for Hindi DVDs you have distributors across many states in USA. The main issue is none of them have 100% titles. Viva (Rahway, NJ) has Yashraj, Weg and few other titles, Eros by another guy, Rainbow by another one, so there is no way you are going to find "one" distributor. You may have to work with many.

Also initially they rip you off (my experience, and the reason why VS replied that way) so be careful.

Also do not carry 2-in-1 and pirated stuff. You might get into trouble if you are in USA/Canada. Yashraj and now a days Eros is doing frequent raids.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:08 pm 

Noofie wrote:
Can someone rattle off any other good sellers offering substantial discount on dvds?

You can not find anyone cuz india dvd margin is $1 max!. Like arsh told there is no money in selling original DVDs. What people do is sell for cost, add more to shipping and add few pirated stuff. So if you buy 10 DVD for $20 each and add 5 pirated for $10 each, your unit cost reduced to around $17 and you can sell for $20 and make money (dont ask me if I do that also :lol: I didnt do that so far :( )

We are not as lucky as the english DVD retailers are, who gets between $5 to $10/ title.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:18 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
Noofie wrote:

You can not find anyone cuz india dvd margin is $1 max!. Like arsh told there is no money in selling original DVDs. What people do is sell for cost, add more to shipping and add few pirated stuff. So if you buy 10 DVD for $20 each and add 5 pirated for $10 each, your unit cost reduced to around $17 and you can sell for $20 and make money (dont ask me if I do that also :lol: I didnt do that so far :( )

We are not as lucky as the english DVD retailers are, who gets between $5 to $10/ title.

with a $1 margin, it is not even sensible to thrink about providing cusotmer care. No wonder e retalers dont give two hoots to cusotmers.
and with this kind of pricing bootleg dvds will rule the roost
I thought dvd wholesellers offer heathy discounts on qty worth more than a $1000.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:55 pm 

Noofie wrote:
with a $1 margin, it is not even sensible to thrink about providing cusotmer care. No wonder e retalers dont give two hoots to cusotmers.
and with this kind of pricing bootleg dvds will rule the roost
I thought dvd wholesellers offer heathy discounts on qty worth more than a $1000.

Yep. Thats whats happening. This is the truth. I am more of a zulmni here than a retailer and the reason for sharing the info. I do know for a fact that another BIGGIE is coming on the way and going to spoil all our business including some of the existing BIGGIE so I would stay put for now, unless you are in NJ/NY where you dont need to stock up your products and go to distributor's place ( :lol: cuz most of them runs their business in their SUV!) as and when you get your product.

Another option that people are trying now a days is get some agreement with these distributors and let them fullfil the order and you forward the order to them. You can try that as well.

My personal experience

if you are bachelor - you may enjoy doing this business
if you are married and no kid - you will definitely enjoy this business more! more reasons to stay away from wife!!! 8)
if you are married and with kid - you will start to realize that its taking too much time and is not worth it

I am now on #3