It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:45 pm 

I often lurk around on this forum and often reads about people having problems with receiving used scratchy discs from shady dealers, discs that rot after a while or just discs that got poor picture quality etc. But i never hear from anyone displeased with the actual packing/packaging of the shipments. I mean: To receive the dvds in a thick/sturdy carton parcel when ordering many dvds, and not shit parcels with plenty a shaken-a-loose discs twisting around like pissed-off rattlesnakes, and a scratchorama awaiting at home.

I usually buy dvd only about 2 times a year and then order 30-40 dvds each time. I've mostly used the "praised" IW and for a while the nice Afzal looked to that there were some shock absorbers in their homemade thin as paper boxes. But last time when ordering about 40 dvds from them my jaw dropped when receiving the snake farm. Even though paying EIGHTY/80 USD for shipping, and was awaiting maybe the thick UPS 10 kg box or at least a thick box with lots of stuffing (plastic bubble wrapping or whatever) i got a homemade parcel made of 2 small parcels made of very, very thin paper clamped together!! And naturally, about 10 of the 40 dvs had loose discs rattling around with plenty of scratches.

I live in europe and i've got tired of returning lots and lots of dvs, as this costs a FORTUNE, and this doesn't solve the problem, the new ones will be loose to. And IW promised me to secure the package. From email "Please note that your package has been shipped with extra safe packing applied to it". Yes, sure, these fuc.... cretins either make lies or are mentally retarded. I can just dream (a nightmare) of how a not extra safe package from IW would look like.

I buy lots and lots of dvd from all over the world, and there's usually no problem of receiving the dvds safely packaged without loose discs. If you pay 80 USD for 40 films, and live overseas with a long bumpy way for the parcel to go, YOU SHOULD RECEIVE SOMETHING THAT AT LEAST COULD BE DEFINED AS A PARCEL, so here's my question:

AS IW obviously can't be trusted and sadly seems to be unprofessional (instead of using UPS they make their own cheap parcels, and, yes i know 80 USD is more than enough getting a standard UPS delivery with their thick and safe boxes) any recommendations of a retailer that can provide decent packaging of bigger shipments. NehaFlix maybe? What's your opinion about Nehaflix regarding this matter?

I possibly can't be the only one dissatisfied with packaging :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:58 pm 

I often receive rattling DVDs too! After producing shit prints and DVDs that rot over months, retailers have to add their bit to deminish the value of the DVD further by ensuring it rattles all the way to your home! In the end, I just gave up!

Sometimes retailers increase packaging if you insist, but often they forget! Even with increased packaging there is no guarantee that the DVDs will not come off their spindles and rattle via transition. The only safeguard is to sellotape the DVD inside the case. I received some pirates in perfect condition once this was done, and the sellotape was easily removable.

IW and Nehaflix have delivered to me (UK) and I can't say I noticed anything substantially different in their packaging!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:40 am 

Sometimes retailers increase packaging if you insist, but often they forget! Even with increased packaging there is no guarantee that the DVDs will not come off their spindles and rattle via transition.......
IW and Nehaflix have delivered to me (UK) and I can't say I noticed anything substantially different in their packaging![/quote]

OK, thanks for the reply. No, no guarantee, but at least the retailer has made a decent effort providing safe transport, and i think that's what every customer should crave, not the least efter paying IW's huge shipping fees. And sorry to hear Nehaflix won't be able to provide decent packaging of the goods either, as i sort of hoped to be able to order indian films again.

So, people on this forum, maybe if there's a shop or someone who needs to receive indian dvds in mint condition, DON'T BOTHER DEALING WITH US BASED BOLLYWOOD DVD SELLERS - this will be a really, really bad affair for you.

Would be interesting to hear from someone representing Nehaflix or IW on this forum regarding this. If they are willing to package safely, i guess big buyers of dvd would be interested (for example shops or filmclubs in europe that wants to spread the bollyfilm culture to new viewers). Otherwise Nehaflix and IW will loose a lot of money, not getting these customers, but maybe a smart US based retailer will catch on to this soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:44 am 

Just read this subject today... You cant really blame retailer alone.. Today we received 30 DVDs of 7G Rainbow Colony DVD and 18 of them were shaking inside. So we called our distributor and exchanged. Fortunately they had the quantity in stock, but in case of Autograph DVD we couldnt get replacement DVDs. As a result we lost 17 online orders (you loose your business as well as customer's trust)

The best I liked is Tamilini packaging. Never had any issues. Recently with Eros and even Ayngaran packing with cheap quality DVD cases, its even difficult.

Last, but not least, we sold one Thenali (Cartoon) DVD on Sunday to one of our regular customer in our retail store and he called in 5 minutes to let us know that the box was empty and there was no DVD in it... I hope my distributor trust me, otherwise, I will have to write the amout to Mr SAM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:09 pm 

[quote="dvdunlimited"]Just read this subject today... You cant really blame retailer alone..

I have a shop too and would never ever send a dvd with a loose disc in it to a customer, as the product then is faulty. If you make a big order of dvd's (from an US indian film retailer) and you demand "special" packaging measures (that is perfectly normal paper stuffing or bubble plastic in box) and IW or Nehaflix promises this, and then you still get the same shitty parcel without any stuffing at all and broken dvd's, you finally get pissed off.

They have some really BAD attitude problem these US indian dudes, as i only can deduce that they're doing it on purpose. So they either are mean or retarded.

Sorry you Indian bussiness people out there, what's wrong with you?
I have been doing bussiness for years and years with asian people (chinese, korean, thai and japanes) and it's a pleasure. If they say something, they do it. Also regular (non bolly) US retailers (as Amazon and many more) there's no problem at all.

I happily bought from IW for a long time, when Afzal was there, then he was gone and i received broken stuff again. So, i recently changed to Nehaflix and just received my first big order.....the result, CATASTROPHY
See subject above....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:58 pm 

HumAapkeHainKoun wrote:
I have a shop too and would never ever send a dvd with a loose disc in it to a customer

I am neither suggesting nor sent loose disc to the customer. In our history we had two issues, one online customer complained that one of the hindi dvd (I think Zameen Rainbow/Venus) had the art work on the disc ripped off and he felt that we sent a used one and he end up going to other etailer. The other incident happened 2 days back when the customer complained that he couldnt find any DVD. You get bad name whether you ship loose disc (the case with Nehaflix or IW) or youdont ship at all (us, in case of Autograph dvd).

What I tried to mention is the fact that these retailers are far away from the distributor and when they get 50% of their stock in bad condition, they wont bother to send back. For stores like mine, where most of the distributors are in walking distance (except Eros!), either they come back in half hour to replace (if they have one!) or I knock on their door.

I am not committing myself because I cant price match with some of the etailers that you deal with since they sell for the cost and mark up on shipping or ship used/pirated DVDs. If my price are okay, please send a PM to me.

http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:07 pm 

[/quote]
What I tried to mention is the fact that these retailers are far away from the distributor and when they get 50% of their stock in bad condition, they wont bother to send back. ...............
http://www.dvdunlimitedonline.com[/quote]

Hello there! I just replied under my other subject thread and you seem to be perfectly right there. I received replies from Nehaflix and they do seem to have exactly this problem with manufacturers. I will look into your site for sure next time, by the way.
If we customers get angry enough, then it won't be economically feasible for US retailers to send defective discs, and then US retailers will ultimately be forced to face up with the manufacturers, to deal with the problems. Why are you afraid of them, are they the Cosa Nostra or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:46 pm 

HumAapkeHainKoun wrote:
Why are you afraid of them, are they the Cosa Nostra or something?

Its funny... They are not Cosa Nostra but they will increase their cost. Its all relationship management from distributor side and expectation management from consumer side.
Regarding packaging again, which type of DVDs you get loose disc.. In the recent releases nothing came in a regular DVD case. All of them came in special packages. e.g.

Dil Maange More..
Rog
Raincoat
Rok Sako To Rok
Hulchul
Musafir
Aitraaz
Naach
Choker Bali
Mujhse Shaadhi Karoge

The ones that didnt come with special packaging are...

Ab Bas
Stop
Kuch To Karo
Vaastu Shastra

Well ofcourse all T-Series songs DVD come in regular DVD box but never had any issues with loose disc. Had loose disc issues with Dhoom though!