It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:12 pm 

HOW DO U KNOW? WHICH SONGS ARE CUT!!btw!PLS. DO LET US KNOW!
AND ISN'T THE FIRST LOOK IS REGION ONE AND OTHER ONE REGION 2 OR BOTH WILL WORK IN BOTH REGIONS!aLI! COMMMENT INVITED!PLS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

2 different version Asoka was released; so called International version (158mins) which had two songs cut (don’t know which ones) and a uncut general release version (176mins).

Metrodome DVD will be region 0 PAL DVD with a running time 169m 3s -> this is the full uncut version – the little time difference is between the NTSC and PAL difference – with PAL giving about 4% faster playback than NTSC. Metrodome DVD will also have second Tamil audio track as well as a Hindi 5.1 track.

Now the one being sold on pre-order on many R1 retailers is advertised from First Look Pictures – they are the official Asoka cinema distributors also. And the running time advertised on this DVD is 158mins – the shorter version. Must stress though First Look Pictures have not officially announced details of Asoka DVD – so come March when it is advertised for release – the specs and details should become clearer. And possibly might turn out same spec as Metrodome.

About playing Metrodome PAL DVD on NTSC players. Region encoding isn’t a problem as its Region 0. (Yoda speak) Matters if you're DVD can convert PAL to NTSC. Also if you’re NTSC TV can handle PAL output.

In Europe its easier because most TVs are multi standard and play both NTSC & PAL DVDs but don’t know about the situation in USA/Canada. I know the Apex DVD player is multi standard & can convert from NTSC to PAL – but know don’t about TVs and other DVD players.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:43 pm 

thanks! Ali! so for region one release, wait and see! sounds good! or my intuition is Asoka might go the Indian way! with 2 songs put in extra features! who knows, but may be not! would really appreciate ur input as soon as it becomes available!
unfortunaely, i dont have dual region dvd player and i dont intend to buy one due to Asoka! I would be more appreciative! if Asoka in UK would be released like Fiza with all the better galore!!!!just a wish guys! that would never come true! most likely!