It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:55 pm 

Hi folks long time no talk, I've been away from this dvd scene for a while with the advent of Netflix, and downloading my dvd collecting days have gone down. But recently I've come across my lost love for special features in many Hollywood movies, and a desire to see the same packed material. The thought hit me after watching Shamitabh. Bachchan's acting was phenominal in this movie, and I would love to see special features like, "Making Of", Cast/Director interviews etc.

Not sure if there would be a market out there for a Criterion Style Bollywood Blue Rays, that would even re-visit older movies and hunt down out-takes and have cast interviews (even new interviews from the stars with their opinion and thoughts on that particular movie). Movies like: Sholay, Roti Kapada aur Makan, Qurbaani, Safar, Anand, Laawaris, Sarkar, Dil Se, Bombay etc.

Would there be a market out there if the Blue Ray was packed with all additional material and perhaps even cards with movie stills that used to be put in the Talkies (movie theatres) of currently playing movies and upcoming movies, in India,- remember those days of ogling the photos of the current movie stills and upcoming ones they displayed in the hall ways.

Sad to see, I think the numbers would never add up for any company to recoup any profit from this market. In this day and age of fast consumption there is no appreciation of old awesome movies, music, attire etc. People love to buy cheap and many vs high quality and less which equals to a higher price point. Just look at the faux leather jackets and even couches out there, you buy them they last a year or 2 max and through it out, get another latest fashion one, why invest in an awesome timeless leather jacket that will age nicely.

Anyways is there some current online retailer that carries Blue Rays with extra packed materials?