It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:08 pm 

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I come from Montreal, Canada! :D

I love indian movies and was wondering where I could legally buy bollywood movie (not pirated DVDs). Anyone knows if the website http://www.bollywoodplanet.ca sells original DVDs? If not, are there any good websites you would recommend to buy original DVDs for cheap?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:17 pm 

Induna.com is an Indian DVD retailer that also sells internationally, I think. Not sure if they deliver to Canada.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:36 am 

sursubbu wrote:
Induna.com is an Indian DVD retailer that also sells internationally, I think. Not sure if they deliver to Canada.

They ship to Canada.I live in the USA and buy more than 14 dvds to save on the shipping.They charge 14.00 plus 1.50 for each dvd as shipping so I pay no more than 2.50 shipping and no more than 3.50 per dvd mski8ng my dvds no more than 6.00 each.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm 

(altered spelling/ spacing as unable to post "a sian" "s trip")

Welcome to zulm.net, jaunejaune.

I don't know any zulm member from Montreal, so far. Perhaps you are the first. You can contribute on zulm by posting about Montreal happenings.

There are internet sites like Induana, Indiaweekly, netflix, Bollywoodplanet etc (US) that mostly sell original DVDs and have good prices. Sometimes a DVD may be avail on sale for just One or two dollars. But, then you have to add shipping costs/ fee and most importantly Customs duty/ tax etc, depending on luck or packaging declaration.

To avoid customs hassles, I order from US sites only if I can get it delivered in US, to someone coming back to Canada. If we add all charges like shipping, Customs etc, even a $ 2 DVD ends up costing you $ 7 or more.
Most of my recent purchases have been
in person, from Toronto stores like Video Palace
Appolo Video (Airport Rd)
a sian video
and it costs me aprox $ 8
except for brand new releases that cost around $ 15.

I understand there is at least one store in Montreal (Indian s trip) as well that sells original DVDs.
I think it's related to A sian Video or Video Palace.

Update: Lately, Original DVD selling stores have been reluctant to import new DVD releases of older films, as no not many want to buy original for $ 8 but once an Orig DVD avail, pirates make thousands of compressed DVD-Rs and sell for $ 1 or less.

So, lately, I've been finding that to get a certain DVD, not available here, I must order from US or India.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm 

rana wrote:
(altered spelling/ spacing as unable to post "a sian" "s trip")
So, lately, I've been finding that to get a certain DVD, not available here, I must order from US or India.

many of the online stores in the USA(Indian )repack used or pirated dvds and sell as new.I had original SKY dvds that was bought from BEI long time back and they freeze bur i bought 2 from another on line and they sis not freeze. Was told that that particular store makes pirated dvds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 pm 

hello,

this is krishnan here i sell original boxed and sealed blue rays and dvds in hindi, tamil and english . i can send it to u from UK, LIVERPOOL BY REGISTERED POST SIGNED FOR 6=8 DAYS DELIVERY ACROSS THE WORLD.

NO CUSOTOMS HASSLES I HAVE BEEN SENDING DVDS AND BLUE RAYS FOR THE LAST 2 YRS .

IF INTD MAIL ME ON subu_100000@yahoo.co.uk or we can chat on skype my skype id is subu10000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:17 am 

for Pyramid DVD's Please visit www.pyramidtalkies.com. We GLADLY Ship worldwide!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:43 am 

Hi,

Generally speaking, 2 movies on a disc screams "Pirated". Also all movies on a site for $4.99 again is a tip off that it could be pirated.

The best thing you can do, is send an email (use their contact us link) to the site in question and ask this specific question "Is the DVD of the "XYZ" movie you are selling an original company release or is it a Pirated version." If you do not get a reply, you can be a 100% sure that the item/site in question deals with Pirated versions. If you get an answer that is vague or any other answers other than "Yes it is an Original company released DVD" can also be considered to be a pirated version/site. (Generally, if they are a pirated site, they will say it is on DVD9 or DVD5 version or Gold Disc version , or NOT A BLUE DISC etc which all adds up to PIRATED). The issue for big time dealers in pirated version is anything in writing especially an email which can be tracked by law enforcement, they will want to avoid since it not only constitutes Piracy buy also Mail Fraud, Fraud across state lines etc and other issues which are more of a serious issue.

Thanks

FlixFlow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:33 am 

You can try Amazon and Netflix to buy the Bollywood movies.....

they are paid but not pairated...