It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:29 pm 

I was having a look at the Eros website at lunchtime, but as I work for an American company, the internet seems to get routed through the US, and hence it came up with prices in USD. I changed the URL to erosentertainment.co.uk, and was automatically re-directed to BollywoodDVD.com - are these two linked?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:51 pm 

That is interesting, considering 'bollywooddvd.com' is the same as 'bollywoodblu-ray.com'. I suppose 'bollywoodblu-ray' can answer the question.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm 

Why not try them at zeros.com hey hey 8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 am 

Sanjay wrote:
That is interesting, considering 'bollywooddvd.com' is the same as 'bollywoodblu-ray.com'. I suppose 'bollywoodblu-ray' can answer the question.

That is why I put BollywoodDVD/Bluray, I realise now that it wasn't particularly clear though! One of the reasons I ended up giving up on the Bluray.com forums was this - on the retailers page, there were variants of the same website - bollywooddvd.com, bollywoodbluray.com, bollywoodbluray.co.in, tamilbluray.com etc - and these all led to the same old crappy website. When I pointed this out to one of the mods, they deleted the links, but they were back within a day - something about the user having 'insider knowledge'. Sad thing is that this particular mod seemed resigned to the fact he had to do what others said.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:38 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Sanjay wrote:

That is why I put BollywoodDVD/Bluray, I realise now that it wasn't particularly clear though! One of the reasons I ended up giving up on the Bluray.com forums was this - on the retailers page, there were variants of the same website - bollywooddvd.com, bollywoodbluray.com, bollywoodbluray.co.in, tamilbluray.com etc - and these all led to the same old crappy website. When I pointed this out to one of the mods, they deleted the links, but they were back within a day - something about the user having 'insider knowledge'. Sad thing is that this particular mod seemed resigned to the fact he had to do what others said.

Work harder until you become a "mod"
Then you will realise how difficult their work is..Will be nice if you PM the mod and get an opinion before going public.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 am 

sasural wrote:
Then you will realise how difficult their work is..Will be nice if you PM the mod and get an opinion before going public.

Nothing difficult about acting and behaving like a dictator, which is how atleast 'one' moderator on blu-ray.com operates. The manner in which one member effectively controls the India section of that forum, clearly indicates how much real work any moderator does in that section of the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:23 am 

sasural wrote:

What on earth are you on about? I have no inclination to become a mod, especially at Bluray.com.

Anyway, for your satisfaction, here is a copy of the message that I received at my inbox at Bluray.com:

yeah..... it's out of my hands...... apparently he provides screeners to the site, and has "insider" status.......

someone "un-banned" him....

I think that makes it quite apparent that this particular mod had no control over what was happening?