It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Induna Rocks!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm 

Further to my previous post regarding finding a place to buy originals in Toronto area, well I took some of your advise and ordered from Induna...I put the order in on Monday Nov 08, and today the DVDs are being dropped off at my house as we speak by DHL.

I bought 14 DVD and with Tax and Duty charges of $19 CDN and $85 USD (around $95 CDN) the average price of the DVD came out to around the $8.15 each mark, which is awesome in my opinoun especially for getting some Dual disks.

So I would totaly recomend Induna, their customer is really good also prompt email replies as long as they're awake the time you flip them the email!!

Here's what I got!!

DVD Musafir 1000000795
Dus Kahaniyaan
Salaam-E-Ishq
Rann
Swades
Fashion [2 Disc Edition]
Life in a... Metro
Delhi 6 [2 Disc Special Edition]
Raajneeti [2 Disc Special Edition]
Shootout at Lokhandwala
Karthik Calling Karthik
Nishabd
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
Sarkar Raj

Sub Total 53.69

Add Shipping & Handling 32.85
Total 86.54

Post subject: Re: Induna Rocks!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:12 pm 

Induna Rocks - maybe?

Well, they do send you new sealed dvd's and they're fast, and they package securely.
They seem to be honest and trustable compared to the "crooks" retailing bollywood dvd in USA,
and everythings OK..... as long as their payment gateway is working properly that is.

Unfortunately they use "indias finest" CCAvenue, "Indias most incompetent".
I tried to make my payment (for an Induna order) for a week, but only received error messages,
and got no replies to my emails answering about the problem.
CCAvenue may be Indias biggest payment gateway but these ignorants do suck.
And yes, there were no answers to my emails from Induna either regarding the problems.
So beware: When everything works smoothly Induna's GREAT, but when there's trouble you
may not get any customer service at all

Regarding the other indian dvd site selling internationally - Realcinemas.org:
The do use PayPal as payment option = a big plus, but a big minus is
They DO NOT list if their dvd's got english subs (only in some cases) so i sent them a couple of emails
asking about english subs, and..... NO ANSWERS, comple fu---ng silence.

OK, i confess: It's unfathomable for me - The Mind of all these retailers selling bollywood DVD. That very
special mentality they seem to possess (indian?). The maxim "The customer is always right" is unknown to
them, it's more like we should be grateful to them because they are selling resealed and scratched up dvds.
I've been buying dvd, VHS-films and records for over 30 years all over the world, and other asian countries
like Thailand, Japan, Kina-Hong Kong, Korea , they are all super, a dream to do bussiness with. But,

India's HELL and then i include all the indians/indian-heritage cretins selling DVD in USA (with ONE
exception, a guy named Afzal once at IW). Sorry, you can be mad at me but it's true

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:46 pm 

Interesting,,,my payment went right through with-out a hitch, well I did have on issue but that was my fault, it needed an online pass code which I put in wrong for my mastercard, but right away I got a message pop up stating to rectify this by calling my cc company and their number was also given in the pop-up which was a time saver, and then right away I was on the phone with my company which reset the number and then the payment went through smoothly.

Perhaps they changed their CC authorizer?

But to get my dvds in the same week from India and that in 3 days is really insane I must say! I can't even get stuff from the US in 3 days!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 pm 

I've been satisfied with my earlier orders with Induna but had
some bad luck last time. My anger is mostly directed against their
worthless payment gateway - CCAvenue, not Induna.
Until this spring Induna used PayPal and everything was just fine.
But still, Induna must be better than any retailer in the USA for sure
with their enormous catalogue, prices, new and sealed dvds, fast
shipment and careful packaging. So you're right Veej, Comparatively
they do Rock

As an european i've heard some good stuff about these
Play.com and Bollydvd (both in the UK i think)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 pm 

I used both induna and realcinemas using Paypal. Overall Induna is better but I have one little problem.
i usually add the movies to my cart and wait until I have about 30 or more so I can save on the shipping.
Unfortunately some movies get out of stock and are automatically deleted from my cart and I do not get any notification. With realcinemas this does not happen-But when my order is completed and movies are out of stock they email me and let me know and I can wait a few days for them to get the movie or delete from my order-Or even add other titles-This is my only problem with Induna;They got too many customers 8) :lol: :)