It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:38 pm 

Who in his sane mind would invest in rental business when dvds are sold very cheap. It is very difficult to make a profit renting dvds at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm 

Well, I don't know what contracts are now being made up, but in the 1980s you bought a Video Tape and you could rent it out many times over. If a DVD cost $15 to purchase, you can make a profit by renting it no more than eight times.

If anyone knows what sort of contracts they now require to rent a DVD, please let me know, because it is indeed harder and harder to find a good DVD rental place that doesn't deal in pirated movies :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 pm 

would be interesting to know the contracts required for a rental store of Bollywood DVDs. Also I feel that ZDAG should of marketed some what on India media based in the USA like the Indian channels, Indian news papers.. Most people I spoke to did not know who or what ZDAG was.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:16 pm 

Sotaria wrote:
Well, I don't know what contracts are now being made up, but in the 1980s you bought a Video Tape and you could rent it out many times over. If a DVD cost $15 to purchase, you can make a profit by renting it no more than eight times.

If anyone knows what sort of contracts they now require to rent a DVD, please let me know, because it is indeed harder and harder to find a good DVD rental place that doesn't deal in pirated movies :(

Everyone wants to see the movie on dvd the first day of release.How lond would it take to do 8 rentals