It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ZDAG
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:45 pm 

Has anyone used this USA based ZDAG for DVD rentals?

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:53 pm 

Good news for ZDAG customers who live far from the main office in California. You can now upgrade to the sliver plus and get 3 DVDs out at the sametime all for still $14.00. so about $4.67 a movie.

ZDAG is simply awesome and I hope Desi Company dies of a painful death.

Post subject: Re: ZDAG
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 pm 

I just got an e-mail today from ZDag saying that they are going out of business. I am now looking for another USA based Indian DVD rental company, but Desicompany uses pirated films and most of the others I have heard of have also gone out of business. Can anyone recommend a GOOD DVD rental company that has authentic Indian DVDs?

Post subject: ZDAG
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm 

I got the email this afternoon.. I was grandfathered into a really good plan with ZDAG, and always got my movies first.

Don't use desicompany.com unless you want a nice DVD-R of the movie. I'm in the same boat looking for a good place to rent original DVDs from.

I'll post some more info once I find something. I have Netflix, and get most the UTV DVDs via streaming, but anything else from Netflix minus the streaming for Hindi DVDs takes too long to get. Too bad Netflix didn't buy out ZDAG's Bollywood rental side of the store.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:27 pm 

Also avoid Indianmovieclub.com which is owned by desicompanies parent company Littlemore.com.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:17 pm 

ZDAG is staying online.. :D

After receiving many heart warming emails from many of you, we decided to continue the rental services.

We have gotten a new manager and he is working on stream lining the operations.

There will be very few select plans available now. If you like to continue the service but had an older plan, you will need to change it to one that is currently available.

Also our refer a friend program will be updated to 50% off your monthly charge to a total of one free month for each friend sign up.

regards,
ZDAG Team

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 pm 

ZDAG only offers two plans now for renting:

Two by 2 - Max 4.] $8.99 for 1 month for rentals with 2 titles out at any time.
Max 4 rentals per month - ** 2 DISCS per mailer - please return back two per mailer. No Video games for this rental

[Two by 2 - Max 6.] $11.99 for 1 month for rentals with 2 titles out at any time.
Max 6 rentals per month - ** 2 DISCS per mailer - please return back two per mailer. No Video games for this rental.

My monthly rental bill is going to go down with ZDAG now with out lossing the max number of DVDs out at a time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:27 am 

I just got an email from a firend to check out A1Bollywood.com.....

Its a hindi dvd rental site..they got 4 plans to pic plus music videos, bollywood movie previews and reviews...

I joined them about 2 months ago and they are very good there site looks really good ALOT better then Zdag!!! Plus they sent me an email saying they will be adding BluRay movies next year!!

I say join A1Bollywood.com !!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:15 pm 

The website does not look that great. Who lists the prices of plans with $14.9900? If the site works for you great.. ZDAG is been around for 4+ years and it simply works with out any issues.

Blu-Ray is not much an issue as Netflix keeps them so I can get all Hindi Blu-Ray's from Netflix if need be in 24hrs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm 

Most of the online Indian DVD rental sites in the USA will be out of business soon as they cannot compete against Netflix Streaming with Hindi movie. Zdag will be out of business soon, and the useless desicompany.com will be gone as well.

NetFlix streaming is coming to Canada very soon. Indians in Canada can't wait along side everyone else.