It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:07 am 

Hello everybody. I am a new member at Zulm.net. I am a regular visitor of zulm.net and really appreciate reviews of all who post their views here.

If anybody has the old ddlj pirate dvd that existed before YRF release in 2000, Please reply. I am ready to give any sky high price for it.

I am a die hard fan of the movie and cant forgive YRF for that crappy transfer. Cant get my sentiments right when i see those faded colours. The best this movie has ever looked closest to theatrical exhibition was on that old pirate DVD. I am searching for it since last 7 years and still craving for it. Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:09 am 

I have a pirated copy of Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge on DVD, but the cover is the "Yash Raj Films" one. Even the DVD seems to be made by "YRF" (i.e., ripped from theirs), but, somehow, I think it looks quite good. I, too, remember having had the "original" some years ago, and having been rather unimpressed. Perhaps it was just "low expectations," but, when I popped this one into my DVD player, I was pleasantly surprised. I'll try to post some screen-shits for you, if you'd like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:35 am 

A Dozen Thanx to u for ur reply. Well even I am not sure which version u are talking about. I am not bothered about cover design as far as the DVD version is the one I want. One specific that i can give u is that it probably did not have any animated menu that YRF version has. There was only a static menu as far as I remember

Oh please... Do upload a couple of screenshots if u can. I will be DELIGHTED to see 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:16 am 

Im a big fan too, but will wait for a HD/Blue ray version.......surely(!) it will be better then the crap dvd they released! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:33 am 

hay dude i have the latest 500 week special dvd and alos old one

new one have more color than old

new one have animated menus

i think new one is good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:17 pm 

Hey jideshc !! Grrrreat to know that u have retained the old one. Dont get me wrong but I sincerly appreciate your concern for comparing both versions and reccomending the yrf version to me, BUT... I personally have a negative perception of the new version as far as the movie transfer is concerned.

For every body let me make my experience clear: I have in my collection a total of 3 DVD versions of DDLJ - One which YRF released 1st having 300 week celeberation as extra features, 2nd - the single disc original released by YRF in India in year 2004 and the 3rd - the 500 week 2 disc edition released allover world by YRF in 2005. But NONE!! could improve on the earlier version by even the tiniest bit. Except for the special features, I did not find any value addition in these DVDs.

I still have the memories of watching the OLD Pirate DVD on rent and getting tremendous heavenly pleasure and entertainment out of it. It was the most unfortunate moment of my life when I was probably the stupidest person on planet to postpone to buy it just because I was waiting for Yashraj original only to realize later that the new transfer was the biggest insult ever for the gem film of Indian cinema. Icing on the cake: the old pirate got out of stock everywhere immediately.

So Dear jidesch, my Deep hearted request is to please let me know if u can get me the old version. Confirming my first commitment: Any price u want. But one tiny request before anything else - Please post just a couple of screenshots so that I am sure that its the same version I am actually looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:43 am 

I think I know which version u are talking about. I have it. It was a pirated dvd I bought long before YR came out with thier crap dvd. The picture and sound quality are great, but no subtitles. The back of the dvd says Star dvd's and made in India.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 pm 

najjibb12 wrote:
I think I know which version u are talking about. I have it. It was a pirated dvd I bought long before YR came out with thier crap dvd. The picture and sound quality are great, but no subtitles. The back of the dvd says Star dvd's and made in India.

Oh najjibb12, thnx :D a lot for your concern. I too have a feeling that the version u said is actually the one I am looking for. I dont really care for whatever the cover design or the lack of subtitles whatsoever so far as i get the audio and video right. This is a sincere request to u from the depth of heart of a die hard fan- Do u wish to sell it to me ? Alternatively, Can u arrange one for me? As I said earlier I am ready to pay any price that u ask.

But please... please someone out there do upload one or two SCREEN SHOTS . I am dying to even have a glimpse of the RIGHT COLOURS of the movie that almost everybody possessing YRF version has forgotten. Anybody's initiative towards posting a couple of Shots from the old DVD will be highly appreciated.

Awaiting a positive response

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:16 am 

Anybody there? I am eagerly awaiting for someone interested in selling the old DDLJ Pirate DVD to me. Come on ppl this DVD is my life as I m searching since last 7 years for it. I am ready for any sky high price and I dont know what else to offer.

BTW, if I get more than 1 positive response, I am prepared to buy from all of them . Just wanted to have as many copies of this DVD as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:49 pm 

My Appeal t all Zulmis .......Any help? I a waiting since one week but no response from anyone yet- Anybody having the old ddlj dvd, i offering more than $30 plus shipping if anyone wants to sell it to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:25 am 

anybody has screenshots of this releases ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 am 

Palito, Plz Check on our zulm expert Stephen's Website for all comparison of all ddlj dvds yet.... Its the best comparison that u ll ever see of these dvds ... Here is the link:-

http://bollywoodondvd.com/comparisons/ddlj/index.htm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 am 

Academic discussion of quality of bootleg / pirated DVDs is one thing; but using this site to actually buy and sell pirated stuff is quite another ;-)

Anurag, Admins, flagging this topic as possible candidate for deletion -- can copy any relevant info related to YRF quality from this thread onto existing DDLJ threads. Thx.