It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:13 pm 

I'm looking for the films Aakhri Mujra and Gunehgaar both starring Asha Parekh... has anyone seen either of these films on DVD/VCD?

Last edited by MadhuriDixitFan on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:29 pm 

I have Gunehgaar on video. I could burn it on DVD and send it to you! I never understood why you are called Madhuri Dixit Fan. You should change your name to Asha Parekh Fan! :lol:

Post subject: True...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:42 pm 

I sent you a PM about Guneghaar. My username probably should have been Asha Parekh Fan, lol But I was a Madhuri fan long before I ever paid any notice to Asha Parekh, and she's my "first love" so I can't forget about her. Even though she's not doing any movies now I still consider myself a HUGE MD fan and I still await the day when she will return to films..

Since I wasn't focusing on Madhuri these past few years, I started watching over some old films and after seeing CHIRAG for the first time, I knew right then and there that Asha Parekh would have some kind of a hold on me, lol So I've spent the last year or two searching high and low for all of her films, and since she made so many of them (that are not on DVD) it's not easy to find them! I'm hoping that she will make a few appearances at the upcoming award shows (maybe even Madhuri as well...wishful thinking but there's always a chance!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:01 pm 

I will do a brief review of Asha Parekhs role in Gungehgaar for you, but I still need to see it. I managed to get hold of it as I collect Parveen Babi's films. I will keep you posted :D

Post subject: Thanks...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:48 pm 

Thanks, that sounds great! I'm guessing that her role will be pretty short since she did a lot of those mother/bhabhi roles in the 80s (Hathyar, Batwara, Kaalia, etc) but she still did one or two films as a central star like Bin Phere Hum Tere and Badla Aur Balidan. I'm hoping that it'll be like one of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:17 pm 

I have briefly watched Gunehgaar, mostly in the fast-forward mode! :D

Asha Parekh contribution is mainly in the first 10-15 minutes of the films, before the credits. She is in love with Rajendra Kumar but separate from him as she hold him responsible for her brother's death. The main part of the film begins with her son as a grown up (Rishi Kapoor). In the latter part of the film Asha Parekh has two confrontation scenes with Rajendra Kumar. There are no songs picturised on Asha Parekh.

Yes, this is a typical sidelined mother role for Asha Parekh... She has seen better days!

If I was an Asha Parekh fan I would include the film in my collection for completeness, but don't expect a Kati Patang or a Kanyadaan....

Post subject: Gunehgar
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:43 pm 

I was afraid of that, lol

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. As much as I love Asha Parekh I think I can live without that particular movie, I'm not really very fond of her "mother" roles in those 80s films :?

Thanks again for checking it out for me! :D