It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:38 pm 

Anyone got Aamir khan's Holi or SRK'S idiot ON vhs (only in UK please) both these films are really difficult to get hold of, if anyone owns them or is selling them, please can u get in touch with me will pay good amount of money, if u dont wanna sell them will pay for renting them out and you can keep the deposit amount will be most appreciated.

simultaneusly if anyone on here can help me and inform me where i can get hold of these movies it will be greatly appreciated

thanks

email add:
afy101@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:55 pm 

i wonder if both the films are NFDC funded, in which case NFDC does sell tapes for a hefty price. But at least it sells those..

you may try visiting their website (do a google search on NFDC or National Film Development Corporation for the URL).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:48 pm 

i dont have them...but i have seen holi!
i dont remember much...i was a child when i saw it....but i remember that i got suprised by watchin aamir in the holi hairstyle!
i liked the movie..ashu is in that movie too!
its a great movie and as always aamir acted damn good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:19 pm 

Is Holi about Ragging, where the hero commits sucide (or dies)because of ragging??

If this is the movie, then local store here, most likely, will have it as I have seen this movie. It's in NTSC though.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 2:51 pm 

rana wrote:
Is Holi about Ragging, where the hero commits sucide (or dies)because of ragging??

Thats the one...it was telecast on TV late at night in India...was not even advertised well....it was a surprise i even ended watching it but it was worth the while....it is a pretty decent flick....it was filmed on the FTII campus with a lot of people from the campus pitching in....it has Sanjay Gandhi in the lead role and I dont remember it well but it appears Amir Khan is the one that gets ragged....Ashutosh Gowariker also plays a lead role....Kitu Gidwani appears as well in a small smooching scene...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:12 pm 

rana wrote:

If this is the movie, then local store here, most likely, will have it as I have seen this movie. It's in NTSC though.

Rana

really...they have it!
whats the stores name????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:20 am 

Husn_Bano Canada tashreef le aao :) Yahan par mil jayega...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:40 pm 

husn_bano wrote:
rana wrote:

Rana

really...they have it!

What I meant was that our local rental store in Ottawa had this VHS when the movie was released many years ago. That store doesn't get rid of his old titles (damaged tapes may be discarded though). I hope they still have it. I will check it out and let you know.

A few months back I checked one of the rental stores in Toronto and they had many times more VHS titles. Some of the films I never thought will ever make it to VHS, they had them. Toronto is a much bigger rental market.

The starcast and the participants that Aarkayne mentioned (Sanjay Gandhi , Ashutosh Gowalker, Kitu Gidwani; if they are in it) is very very intresting. The movie was so depressing, I didn't even want to think about it.

Rana

Edited By rana on Aug. 14 2002 at 08:41

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:36 pm 

Aarkayne wrote:
Kitu Gidwani appears as well in a small smooching scene...

Who with?!?!? ;) :devil: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:01 pm 

Few reviews of Holi :

"This was Aamir Khans first film. Although he is in a supporting cast he is as good as he is today. Holi is a comedy film based on a college campus on the day of holi. The college authorities do not give an holiday on this day and the college guys do all sort of mischevious activities for an holiday.

Ketan Mehta co-wrote the screenplay along with Mahesh Elkunchwar. This film has no songs. Only one song is there but without music. In a small role Naseerudin Shah gives a very good performance. no where along the movie will a viewer feel bored.

The ending is a good one. Watch out for a cameo by director Ketan Mehta playing holi during the last scene. Ashutosh Gowariker is in the lead role as Ranjeet."

By the way, Aamir's first movie was not 'Holi' but 'Yaadon ki Baaraat'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:39 pm 

rana wrote:
husn_bano wrote:
rana wrote:

Rana

really...they have it!

What I meant was that our local rental store in Ottawa had this VHS when the movie was released many years ago. That store doesn't get rid of his old titles (damaged tapes may be discarded though). I hope they still have it. I will check it out and let you know.

A few months back I checked one of the rental stores in Toronto and they had many times more VHS titles. Some of the films I never thought will ever make it to VHS, they had them. Toronto is a much bigger rental market.

The starcast and the participants that Aarkayne mentioned (Sanjay Gandhi , Ashutosh Gowalker, Kitu Gidwani; if they are in it) is very very intresting. The movie was so depressing, I didn't even want to think about it.

Rana

didnt they tell you that aamir was in that movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:40 pm 

sknath wrote:
Husn_Bano Canada tashreef le aao :) Yahan par mil jayega...

i will try my best!hehehe