It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dil Chahta Hai HD
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:24 pm 

Time is money. It's high time Cinedrome realizes that. 4 years is way too long. If the TSeries quality is going to be decent, then Cinedrome has lot to loose. I was planning to buy the Cinedrome version, but if the Tseries BD feedback is good, I am just going to jump into the bandwagon.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm 

Watermarks in the songs and no supplements.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:59 pm 

mhafner wrote:

I was just about to post this too .. so your group still has an edge on this title :D

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:06 pm 

mhafner wrote:

Sounds like that allows you another 4 years :D
You guys need to get you act together and get this over with. It's DCH we are talking about... not "Alam Ara"!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:15 pm 

bugsnest wrote:
It's DCH we are talking about... not "Alam Ara"!

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:16 pm 

It is out, but SS looks hell of was out, soft textured lol

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:55 pm 

Stills are here
http://forum.blu-ray.com/india/143259-d ... ost3319316

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:23 am 

mhafner wrote:

would love ur comments too, on this pathetic release mike! :(

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:05 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
mhafner wrote:

Tell me, what do you hate about it in addition to the watermarks and some image cropping top and bottom?
You can use the stills as examples to make your point.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:59 pm 

mhafner wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:
mhafner wrote:

Tell me, what do you hate about it in addition to the watermarks and some image cropping top and bottom?

ok! I understand you are a bit touchy about Farhan Khan's products lol.

I wholeheartedly respect your caliber of expertise in this matter! 8) going by SS, only diff I see with Devdas that Devdas was only 20gb, and extensive blocking, mute colors, and no detail.

I tried my best to me generous with these SS, none of them whatso ever show any detail in the picture, it all seems matted , subdued presentation though.

I hope the one you guys were working on for ages might turn out lot better. But if master is limited , i would not expect any wonders or magic either!

If you have original, and these SS were not grabbed right, then would be happy to see some!

PS: I do not have bluray on my hand, and is only going with what SS are showing to my eyes! :(

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
mhafner wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:
mhafner wrote:

I wholeheartedly respect your caliber of expertise in this matter! 8) going by SS, only diff I see with Devdas that Devdas was only 20gb, and extensive blocking, mute colors, and no detail.

I tried my best to me generous with these SS, none of them whatso ever show any detail in the picture, it all seems matted , subdued presentation though.

I hope the one you guys were working on for ages might turn out lot better. But if master is limited , i would not expect any wonders or magic either!

If you have original, and these SS were not grabbed right, then would be happy to see some!

PS: I do not have bluray on my hand, and is only going with what SS are showing to my eyes! :(

Who is Farhan Khan? :)
Is the master limited? As far as detail and resolution is concerned not much. The transfer was made from the camera negative on a Spirit telecine. There is no better source. And a Spirit is a good telecine. What is limited
is the sharpness of the original photography. It varies from shot to shot. Going from VHS detail (some really poorly done shots) to fairly sharp and detailed shots with beyond 720p real word detail. The clarity and detail you are used to see from the latest DI based Bollywood/Hollywood Blu Rays DCH can not offer. It was not shot like that.
But that does not mean at all that you get a DVD quality picture. That is complete nonsense. The difference between DCH on DVD and HD is substantial. The additional resolution is very apparent. The picture is very film like, often has a creamy and silky appearance that is simply beautiful. Grainy shots show well defined grain and not the horrible mush a DVD shows. All the digital rubbish of the DVDs is gone (sharpening artifacts, compression artifacts, poor color grading with clipped highlights and crushed shadows, and film issues like plenty of dirt, scratches etc.). Stills are fine, but watching it in motion is the relevant final test. And DCH in HD looks as it should and was made, often very yummie. Naturally I'm talking about the upcoming Cinedrome BD. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:21 am 

And wholeheartedly I am waiting for that. I was wondering if you have comparison shots btw. More so any idea w hen the heck cinedrome will be out lol. You guys have been cooking it for ages :D and if it would be region locked. As you know this is much anticipated title and I doubt people will double dip though!

mhafner wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:
mhafner wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:
mhafner wrote:

Who is Farhan Khan? :)
Is the master limited? As far as detail and resolution is concerned not much. The transfer was made from the camera negative on a Spirit telecine. There is no better source. And a Spirit is a good telecine. What is limited
is the sharpness of the original photography. It varies from shot to shot. Going from VHS detail (some really poorly done shots) to fairly sharp and detailed shots with beyond 720p real word detail. The clarity and detail you are used to see from the latest DI based Bollywood/Hollywood Blu Rays DCH can not offer. It was not shot like that.
But that does not mean at all that you get a DVD quality picture. That is complete nonsense. The difference between DCH on DVD and HD is substantial. The additional resolution is very apparent. The picture is very film like, often has a creamy and silky appearance that is simply beautiful. Grainy shots show well defined grain and not the horrible mush a DVD shows. All the digital rubbish of the DVDs is gone (sharpening artifacts, compression artifacts, poor color grading with clipped highlights and crushed shadows, and film issues like plenty of dirt, scratches etc.). Stills are fine, but watching it in motion is the relevant final test. And DCH in HD looks as it should and was made, often very yummie. Naturally I'm talking about the upcoming Cinedrome BD. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 pm 

How come Kabhi Kabhie 1976 BD looks good inspite of being much older than DCH?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:25 am 

gggargg wrote:
How come Kabhi Kabhie 1976 BD looks good inspite of being much older than DCH?

Age is not the main factor. I have BDs with silents that look great. How the film was shot, handled and stored is relevant. I suggest you wait and watch our version when it's here before you decide if it looks goor or not. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:17 am 

Yeah Definitely! Every One is waiting for this with bated breath. Will the yellow stains at the bottom in the latest screen posted by you will be there in the final product? And whats ETA?

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next