It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dil Chahta Hai HD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:49 pm 

The color change at the edge is part of the negative. It will not be removed. Way too difficult and not worth the effort. The edges will be masked a bit for a cleaner presentation, No relevant image detail will be missing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 pm 

mhafner wrote:
The color change at the edge is part of the negative. It will not be removed. Way too difficult and not worth the effort. The edges will be masked a bit for a cleaner presentation, No relevant image detail will be missing.

What causes that? Splices in the negative?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:19 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
mhafner wrote:

No, this is not at an edit. And it's not like that in every shot. Could be lens related.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:13 pm 

mhafner wrote:
I suggest you wait and watch our version when it's here before you decide if it looks goor or not. :)
There ought to be laws to restrain people such as yourself. Teasing us like this. It's not nice you know, specially considering how horrible and 'watermark' infested the T-Series blu-ray is. Now be real nice and at least give us a small hint as to the time frame we might expect the "our version" to be released. Pleeeeeze. :)

Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 am 

I have learned my lesson about giving dates. People just get angry when there are delays. The release date is given when Cinedrome is positive it can deliver that day. > 99,9 % of Bollywood films are not even announced on BD, and there are no HD masters at all to announce anything. When Cinedrome started the project nobody thought about BDs. It was a pioneering effort and like many pioneers you get the knife in the back when you expect it least. A story for some other time, perhaps.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:25 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
mhafner wrote:

Probably cheap raw material

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:57 pm 

mhafner wrote:
I have learned my lesson about giving dates. People just get angry when there are delays. The release date is given when Cinedrome is positive it can deliver that day. > 99,9 % of Bollywood films are not even announced on BD, and there are no HD masters at all to announce anything. When Cinedrome started the project nobody thought about BDs. It was a pioneering effort and like many pioneers you get the knife in the back when you expect it least. A story for some other time, perhaps.

May be use quarters or semesters instead of month to cut your self some flexibility :D but decades, years , centennial etc of course wont run lol. : :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 am 

Are there any other blu-ray movies that Cinedrome plans to release in the next few years? I was looking at the website and 'Main Hoon Na' and 'Lakshya' seem like good candidates. Not sure why DCH is taking so long but then I am not sure if it really has a huge following. Yes it was a good movie but I personally don't think it has a massive following (e.g like Sholay). Speaking of 'Sholay' reminds me of a dialog in the movie, 'Loha garam hain, maro hathoda' ('Strike while the iron is hot'). While Cinedrome is striving to get a good product out the door, timing is also very critical.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:08 am 

No other plans for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 pm 

Desifreak, I've read that Sholay is mired in rights limbo, so I'd be surprised to see it on Blu-ray anytime soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:39 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Desifreak, I've read that Sholay is mired in rights limbo, so I'd be surprised to see it on Blu-ray anytime soon.

Can you give a link or source.Not trying to be doubting you but sometimes I read a story one day and after a few days it is no longer there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm 

sasural wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:

Can you give a link or source.Not trying to be doubting you but sometimes I read a story one day and after a few days it is no longer there.

I don't have any links to provide, but I assure you the Sippy family has been fighting it out in court over the rights of the movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 pm 

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story ... attle.html

Sippy grandson wins the Sholay court battle
Praveen Kumar
New Delhi, January 19, 2010

This is as riveting a drama as Bollywood's cult classic Sholay. But the scene of action is a courtroom, not Ramgarh.

And the protagonists are not Gabbar, Veeru and Jai, but family members of the man who produced Hindi cinema's first - and to date the best - 'curry eastern'. For the past few years, the late G. P. Sippy's grandson Sascha has been involved in a legal fight with his uncle Ajit and grandmother Mohini for the ownership of Sholay.

Ten days ago, Sascha won the first battle when the Delhi High Court ruled that he would hold exclusive rights over the 1975 blockbuster till the time the original suit filed in this connection was disposed of.

Justice Rajiv Shakdher passed the interim order on January 8 on an application filed by the Zee Telefilms Ltd.

Zee had challenged the exclusive rights of Sholay Media and Entertainment Pvt Ltd (SMEPL), headed by Sascha, over the movie.

The first case was filed in 2006 by Sascha, who went to court claiming ownership of Sholay. He moved the Delhi High Court against Ajit and Mohini for selling the telecast rights of Sholay and some other films produced by Sippy to Zee Telefilms Ltd. He claimed he owned the copyrights of the films.

It all began in 2003 when SMEPL signed two contracts with Zee for the telecast of Sholay and 31 other films produced by Sippy.

According to the agreement, Zee paid Rs 1.15 crore for 10 telecasts of Sholay and Rs 1.85 crore for the other films.

A dispute arose when Zee did not respond to SMEPL's letters asking how many times the movie had been shown on TV, as the agreement stipulated.

On October 29, 2007, SMEPL issued a notice to Zee asking it to stop the films' screening. It intimated Zee that it was terminating the contract.

But Zee continued to telecast the films and claimed it had entered into an agreement with Ajit and Mohini for multiple telecast rights of Sholay and the other films.

SMEPL then filed an application before the court alleging that the defendants had infringed its copyright and trademark over Sholay and the other 31 films by broadcasting them in breach of the 2003 contracts.

Zee, however, claimed it was Ajit and Mohini who held the rights of the films. To support its contention, it submitted a letter, issued by Sippy in December 2004, which said all overseas rights of the films had been assigned to Sippy Films by an agreement dated June 18, 2003. Sippy Films was owned by Ajit and Mohini.

However, by an interim ex parte order dated August 22, 2008, the defendants were restrained from broadcasting the films.

SMEPL's counsel Jagdish Sagar told the court that Sippy Films did indeed hold the original rights of Sholay and the other films but the firm's constitution had later changed and Ajit had quit as a partner.

"In 1997, Sippy Films Private Ltd, a firm owned by Shaan Uttam Singh (son of Sippy's daughter Sunita), was admitted as a partner with Sippy Films. On September 11, 1997, Mohini retired from the firm, leaving only two partners, Uttam and Vijay Sippy (Sascha's father). Vijay died on April 17, 1998, which resulted in the dissolution of Sippy Films. Uttam, who was left the only owner, executed all the rights of the films to SMEPL headed by Sascha," Sagar submitted before the court.

The court upheld the validity of this agreement between Sascha and his cousin Uttam under the Copyright Act.

Reacting to the court directive, Sascha said: "We are happy with the high court order. We have been fighting this case for several years and have finally received an order in our favour."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:52 pm 

^^^Now that is uncalled for, all the name calling. You should go ahead and buy the TSeries version.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:04 pm 

kailashu wrote:
^^^Now that is uncalled for, all the name calling. You should go ahead and buy the TSeries version.

+1.. No Idea what exactly this DCH guy is angry about. The bottomline according to me is that When the blu ray format didnt even exist when DCH the movie was released, it is absolutely unfair to give that kind of negative reaction to people who actually care for quality.

Restoration and remastering of a pre-blu ray era film is a detailed process almost equivalent to the time and process when Animation (before the advent of 'Toy Story') was done without computers. Hence even a news about someone trying to faithfully restore it on Blu Ray should be treated with respect no matter how long we need to wait.

PS: Moreover I just noticed that this guy joins the forum and first day he puts a bloody red comment like that . What does on earth he thinks he is doing? Teaching zulmis the value of time? Grow up DCH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next