Audio Language - Hindi
Special Features - Making of the Film | Making of the Songs
Price - INR 799
Watermarks - None

Screens Shots

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:05 am 

Some shots look very sharp while some others (ones with Kareena in them) appear somewhat DNR'ed and show massive black crush (shot 1, especially, where her hair is just a black curtain). Anyway, the film is another classic of Indian cinema I couldn't be bothered to watch :p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:27 am 

Thanks for the screens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:41 am 

looks good but can we please have some decent films on BD rather than this and Ready and other garbage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 pm 

The idiots working in marketing of Indian blu-rays have no concept of target audience. They fail to understnad that the commercial box-office sucess of movies such as Bodyguard are not because of the blu-ray purchasing customer. Rather it is the masses, specialy those who frequet the single screen cinemas. How else can you explain the crappiest of movies being released on blu-ray, while gems such as Udaan, are neglected.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 pm 

the merits of the film apart, 2k digital experience in cinemas of this film for me was so bad that i did a walk out after the first hour. the 2k file was extremely smooth and just looked like a dvd upscaled for theatre. Hence i do not expect a stellar transfer on this BD. But miracles are possible- just as this film itself releasing on BD. Hence it is also possible that it gets a good BD ....with no 'real' takers ofcourse.

As Sanjay rightly said, the target audience of this film wont buy a BD. I'd say that audience group has already bought the film for their 'golden collection' on day one of release from footpath in a 4 in one DVD !! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:11 pm 

Anurag1700 wrote:
As Sanjay rightly said, the target audience of this film wont buy a BD. I'd say that audience group has already bought the film for their 'golden collection' on day one of release from footpath in a 4 in one DVD !! LOL

Right on. lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 am 

It's beyond me how this film has generated soo much money at the Box office, I was(or wasn't?) watching this film on DVD with cosins of mine, about twenty mintues into the movie, none of us were paying attention(since the film lacked any form of intrigue what-so-ever) and we talked amongst each other for the rest of the film's duration. And I kid you not, the ending credits rolled, the DVD went back to it's main menu and none of us bothered to acknowledge that the film had even ended.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:41 am 

Is it worse than ready and veer lol?

I thought with all it's drawbacks, only Sallu cheesy film shall be dabaang to watch once!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:28 pm 

Thought I would step in and act as devil's advocate!!

I didn't think Bodyguard was that bad a movie - it wasn't a classic by any means, but I thought it was better than Ready, even though it was extremely predictable.

With regards to this releasing on BD, although I haven't been following the BD releases properly, aren't more and more new Hindi movies being released on BD nowadays?

With regards to Udaan, you never know Sanjay, MoserBaer may release a BD of it some day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 pm 

bhaskar,

its less than before, hence my comment. If they were putting everyhting new out on BD, I would be fine with it as one man's trash is another's treasure. But they are only really releasing those movies that made money in India which is pretty much Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar movies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 am 

nitin77 wrote:
bhaskar,

its less than before, hence my comment. If they were putting everyhting new out on BD, I would be fine with it as one man's trash is another's treasure. But they are only really releasing those movies that made money in India which is pretty much Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar movies.

So where did Chandni Chowk go? Lol.

More so from Srk home production still IMHO,MHn was better film despite RA none by zeros be most expensive :( but MHn, not even a proper DVD, no blurry, nor did devdas and all this recent crap is being churned blue:(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 am 

nitin77 wrote:
bhaskar,

I don't completely agree that the only films being released on BD are the Salman Khan blockbusters (have any Akshay Kumar films made money recently?!?). Shaitan, Pyaar Ka Punchnama and Water have all been released on BD recently - admittedly, these are few and far between at the moment. I agree that the 'blockbuster' films like Singham and Ready have also been released on BD - I can only hope that this is the start of the trend to release more new films on BD, irrespective of BO performance.

The thing I find more disturbing is that it seems to Moser Baer who are making the effort to release slightly offbeat films on BD - have the quality of their discs improved recently?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:52 am 

the Water BD isnt a real BD :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 am 

How? Is it 1080p upscale ?