It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:18 am 

Just a heads up, Amazon UK is offering free shipping to Australia, India, NZ and SA for dvd/blu ray purchases over 25 pounds until 15 May 2011.

I havent yet done a thorough search for other titles but at least Raajneeti and Karthik Calling Karthik blus are going for 9.99 and 12.99 pounds, respectively, which get further discounted at checkout to remove VAT. Might be worthwhile if you can combine a few items.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:00 am 

MY heartfelt thanks to nitin77 for this post.

For Everyone who is based out of India,

To clarify any doubt regarding amazon uk 's shiiping to specifically Bangalore India, I ordered 3 bu rays from uk amazon on last Sunday 2nd April 2011 and received the delivery today- Just 6 business days in total is what it all takes to here. It comes via general post and so, the Only caviat here is the shipment is not trackable while in transit if that is seriously important to any of you guys.

Second about duty, Zero duty thats right i dint pay a single rupee extra while taking delivery.

Thirdly about shipping charges- Zero again. thats right as it has been already stated by some one in another thread, as of now shipping of BDs and DVDs to india is FREE !!! from amazon .co.uk.

Guys this is ur chance. This is hereby my confirmation that no one shd have any reason to wait before this limited period free shpping offer closes on May 15 2011. All you will be paying is the original price of discs themselves. period. Hope that helps anyone concerned about this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:09 am 

My experience was quite different; the only difference being I ordered it when this free shipping offer was not there ( in Dec 2010 ).
I had opted for standard shipping method. It took almost 1 month 2 weeks to get my BDs here in Pune. I also had to pay import duty of almost Rs. 450 for BDs worth 19 pounds. Only one thing good happened is they reverted the shipping charges because of delay.
So @Anurag1700 can you please let me know how you were not charged import duty. AFAIK it has to be charged as per the rule at 16%.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:27 am 

@ Sandeepk
Sad to hear about your experience sandeepk. All i can say is guess i was lucky cause I really have no idea how or why i wasnt charged duty. I will enquire about this from my local post office when I get a chance and let you know if there was any reason.

Details FYI: My order value was around 35 GBP and was declared on the front of parcel. Was marked as merchandise(not as gift) and had a declaration seal that it wasnt opened by customs.

But thanks a lot eitherway for sharing your experience and knowledge. Its A good warning for those who might go on the basis of my experience alone. This just shows that postal policies are not uniformaly followed all over the country.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 am 

It is my experience with Amazon (UK,US,CA) and a number of other online etailers, that anything ordered in the lead up to Christmas takes roughly twice as long as normal to arrive.

Another thing to consider is that I have found Amazon's customer service second to none and they have replaced lost parcels (this should satisfy those worried about no tracking), broken cases etc without any hassle on a number of occasions. If they are unable to replace, they usually offer full or partial refunds too.

As for duty, I cannot comment since I'm in Australia but you should be able to find out whether duty is charged over a certain amount or on all shipments.

BTW, another indian BD for a decent price is Wake Up Sid (UTV version) listed for 10.93 pounds before VAT removal.

Lastly, this offer works for free shipping on preorders too, provided you place your order before 15 May 2011. I'm really hoping Amazon UK extend the offer and/or Amazon US follow suit in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:42 pm 

if I lived in India then i would buy locally as the dvds are the same.Amazon does not manufacture dvds and just act as a clearing house. The dvds are shipped from the company the uses Amazon.
I recently bought some tea from Amazon and it was shipped from another company..

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:40 pm 

For those interested, this offer has now been extended to August 15 2011.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 am 

Is it to USA too?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:44 am 

no unfortunately not