Image Image Image

Screen shots Courtesy: Team IcTv
Video:- HD 1080p
Audio:- ???
BD Size:- 39.17 GB
Subtitles:- ???
Video Label:- Moser Baer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:44 pm 

Thanks for the SS ... looks ok but ..... what the heck !!!! I am shocked to know if this is anyway true? Was this movie shot in 1.77/1.85:1 as the SS are suggesting? I very clearly remember the DVD was 2.35:1. OR are the SS cropped- I am confused.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:04 pm 

^To add to the above, Here is the proof that the DVD was 2.35 :1. Now someone please explain whats going on here w.r.t Aspect ratios?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9237&p=76360&hilit=khosla+ka+ghosla#p76360

Man I get so upset when my most awaited movies get F**d up on BDs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 am 

Not only is this an awesome movie and one of my favorites, it seems the blu-ray might be pretty decent. As for the aspect ratio, I am not sure, but I think the movie was originally shot in 1.85:1 and was cropped from top and bottom to get a 2.35:1 aspect ratio which most theaters in India use. As a matter of fact, if you were to look closely at the screenshots from the DVD (Khosla Ka Ghosla By UTV [DVD Shots]), you will notice that the composition of the shots do not seem quite right. Clearly, either the cinematographer just does not know how to compose a shot, or the shots have been cropped from top, bottom or both. On the other hand, the 16:9 shots from the blu-ray look better composed in comparison to the one's from the DVD. It would be nice, if 'aatmaaraam' could post the same screenshots from the blu-ray, as the one's posted from the DVD. Or alternately, if someone could post the same screenshots from the DVD, as the one's posted from the blu-ray.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:20 pm 

Typical - they would release this the day I return from India!!!!! One I'll have to buy online........

According to IMDB, the aspect ratio is 1.85:1 :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466460/technical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:48 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Not only is this an awesome movie and one of my favorites, it seems the blu-ray might be pretty decent. As for the aspect ratio, I am not sure, but I think the movie was originally shot in 1.85:1 and was cropped from top and bottom to get a 2.35:1 aspect ratio which most theaters in India use. As a matter of fact, if you were to look closely at the screenshots from the DVD (Khosla Ka Ghosla By UTV [DVD Shots]), you will notice that the composition of the shots do not seem quite right. Clearly, either the cinematographer just does not know how to compose a shot, or the shots have been cropped from top, bottom or both. On the other hand, the 16:9 shots from the blu-ray look better composed in comparison to the one's from the DVD. It would be nice, if 'aatmaaraam' could post the same screenshots from the blu-ray, as the one's posted from the DVD. Or alternately, if someone could post the same screenshots from the DVD, as the one's posted from the blu-ray.

iam damm convinced after seeing these dvd screens that THE MOVIE WAS CROPPED IN DVD and the aspect ratio IN BD is the original aspect ratio because
if you see at the screenshot of the sensor certificate of the movie there clearly we can notice it is cropped from top and bottom....!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 am 

The following two screen seem to be from around the same scene, though one would need exact same frame to reconfirm.

DVD

Blu-ray

Which makes it seem that the DVD was cropped to fit 2:35.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:01 pm 

I am in India currently and tried a couple of stores for this BD but could not locate this in stores in Kochi. The folks I spoke to had not heard of this title on BD. Incidentally this title is not listed on the Moser Baer website either.
Does anyone own this? I will be travelling to Bangalore next week for a couple days... can someone confirm if this is available in stores there?