It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:42 pm 

Is this film different to Raavan (apart from the cast/language)? Is the screenplay exactly the same, or are there any differences in it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:32 pm 

Screenplay is exactly the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm 

thanks for the reassuring screens!

will be heading to Ayngaran this weekend to pick it up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:58 pm 

WOW! Is all I can say for those screenshots. Gotta buy me this blu-ray.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am 

is there any chance that the hindi version will use the same master? Those screens look fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:29 am 

surprised to see both DTS MA and LPCM

i would say PQ is jus perfect, but still jus behind sivaji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:29 am 

nitin77 wrote:
is there any chance that the hindi version will use the same master? Those screens look fantastic.

They might use DPX 4k files....however they might not produce the same results. They won't have me supervising the process, nor have the wonderful team of AP International doing the excellent encoding work :D I believe this disc is our best work....surpassing Sivaji Blu-ray.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:23 am 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
nitin77 wrote:

They might use DPX 4k files....however they might not produce the same results. They won't have me supervising the process, nor have the wonderful team of AP International doing the excellent encoding work :D I believe this disc is our best work....surpassing Sivaji Blu-ray.

but if hindi version is authored by mr chandna then iam sure it will be at par or maybe better than this version......!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:37 am 

divyansh wrote:
nitin77 wrote:

but if hindi version is authored by mr chandna then iam sure it will be at par or maybe better than this version......!

I doubt Mr Chandna can better this version. His blu-rays have yet to impress me (or others), but I welcome the competition :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:45 am 

divyansh wrote:
nitin77 wrote:

I doubt Mr Chandna can better this version. His blu-rays have yet to impress me (or others), but I welcome the competition :)

his blu rays are well respected by all the others ghajini wake up sid paa mnik ihls etc all are critically appreciated and atleast acccording to me he encodes the best out here i havnt watched any of your tamil films as i dont understand this language so cant comment much on them .....anywayz he is a very strong competitor :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:18 pm 

divyansh wrote:

his blu rays are well respected by all the others ghajini wake up sid paa mnik ihls etc all are critically appreciated and atleast acccording to me he encodes the best out here i havnt watched any of your tamil films as i dont understand this language so cant comment much on them .....anywayz he is a very strong competitor :)

same here me too havent checked mr chandna 's BD so really cant compare
may be can judge once hindi Raavan Bluray comes out!!!

but i can say ayngaran BD's are better than any other hindi BD i have seen ,may be few exception.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:00 pm 

@Sunny
Any reason why this time you didnt fill up the entire BD-50 as done in most of the previous Blu-ray releases.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 pm 

Maxing up disc space via increased bitrate doesn't mean better quality. AVC codec uses a far more complex encoding system. Its all about knowing where to allocate correct bitrate information to certain frames/scenes. Since we use Nth multipass encode we are able to grab the best quality possible. It’s pointless to allocate 40Mbit of video encoding to a slow moving scene (unless there are lots of background movement). 30Mbit/sec or even 25Mbit/sec can provide just as good quality.

In addition, the film is short and we nearly use up 40Mbit/sec of video encode during busy scenes, and we average around 30Mbit/sec - which is excellent for blu-ray.

I could talk about this forever... :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am 

yes there's plenty of low bit rate stuff out there that still looks pretty impressive. It's not the same as mpeg2.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:29 am 

Maxing up disc space via increased bitrate doesn't mean better quality. AVC codec uses a far more complex encoding system. Its all about knowing where to allocate correct bitrate information to certain frames/scenes. Since we use Nth multipass encode we are able to grab the best quality possible. It’s pointless to allocate 40Mbit of video encoding to a slow moving scene (unless there are lots of background movement). 30Mbit/sec or even 25Mbit/sec can provide just as good quality.

In addition, the film is short and we nearly use up 40Mbit/sec of video encode during busy scenes, and we average around 30Mbit/sec - which is excellent for blu-ray.

I could talk about this forever... :)

Its really good to know that Tamil Blu-ray authoring are at the hands of an expert. One thing which I feel disappointed with Tamil Blu-ray being the audio bit depth in invariably 16 bit which IMHO is more of CD quality. Is this because the original audio master is recorded at 16 bit instead of 24bit or is it because of some other restriction. 24bit audio bit depth would definitely do better justice for Blu-rays, ofcourse just padding 16 to 24 would be pointless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next