Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Screenshots courtesy 'DDR'.

Blu-ray Review: Ishqiya (Shemaroo) | Screenshots

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 pm 

The blue channel is too high in the image screenshots. I adjusted the blue channel to show what it should look like (It is a random adjustment of 10 points but you will get an idea. Other adjustments are required as well. I would like a slightly warmer temp than the adjusted ones).

I am hoping that other than the color hue issue and the watermark, this should look good on Blu. They should have checked the colors :mad:

Original screenshot
Adjusted

Original screenshot
Adjusted

Original screenshot
Adjusted

Original screenshot
Adjusted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:39 pm 

anibap wrote:
The blue channel is too high in the image screenshots. I adjusted the blue channel to show what it should look like (It is a random adjustment of 10 points but you will get an idea. Other adjustments are required as well. I would like a slightly warmer temp than the adjusted ones).

I am hoping that other than the color hue issue and the watermark, this should look good on Blu. They should have checked the colors :mad:

All three blu-rays authored by Shemaroo so far, including the YRF BD of 'Badmaash Company' have had this issue with color temperatures and thus seems to be an issue with Shemaroo. Your adjustments add warmth and life to the picture and this is how it should have been to begin with.

But personally, I am more upset with the obnoxious Shemaroo logo watermark. Considering, that after our protests and requests, all other Indian video companies have stopped this practise, for Shemaroo to release these blu-rays with the 'watermarks' is nothing less than a slap in the face of the paying costumer. I for one, absolutely refuse to buy these blu-rays and implore everyone else to also please boycott this title. Please keep in mind that 'Ishqiya' is one of my absolute favorite movies and one that I had been very, very eagerly waiting for. But still, I will not buy this blu-ray and actually pay Shemaroo for sticking it to us.

Quite apropriately stated by someone, 'SHAME-aroo'!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:48 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
But personally, I am more upset with the obnoxious Shemaroo logo watermark. Considering, that after our protests and requests, all other Indian video companies have stopped this practise, for Shemaroo to release these blu-rays with the 'watermarks' is nothing less than a slap in the face of the paying costumer. I for one, absolutely refuse to buy these blu-rays and implore everyone else to also please boycott this title. Please keep in mind that 'Ishqiya' is one of my absolute favorite movies and one that I had been very, very eagerly waiting for. But still I will not buy this blu-ray and pay Shemaroo for sticking it to us.

So am I Sanjay. This is a crime and we should try and protest in every possible way. I am not sure why they included the waermark in these two titles where Badmash Company was clean and came out before these two !!!.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:01 pm 

anibap wrote:
So am I Sanjay. This is a crime and we should try and protest in every possible way. I am not sure why they included the waermark in these two titles where Badmash Company was clean and came out before these two !!!.

The 'Badmash Company' blu-ray was only authored by Shemaroo for 'YRF Home Entertainment' and therefore it was not upto them to decide to have the 'watermark'. Which also explains why, in keeping with Yash Raj's policy then, the 'Badmaash Company' blu-ray only had the watermarks with subtitles on. What is really sad and which also reflects very poorly on Shemaroo, is that inspite of all the feedback given to them, when the 'Badmaash Company' BD was released, they have not taken and acted upon any of the suggestions given to them regarding the picture quality. Even worse, they have totally ignored the strong consumer resentment communicated to them regarding 'watermarks' on blu-rays.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:16 am 

the watermark is bad news but from those screenshots, I dont mind the colours.

Doesnt look DNR'ed though. Getting this as I quite liked the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 am 

nitin77 wrote:
the watermark is bad news but from those screenshots, I dont mind the colours.

Doesnt look DNR'ed though. Getting this as I quite liked the movie.

I am sorry to say, if you do buy this blu-ray, then you will have no justification to complain about 'watermarks' and other stuff, such as advertisements, promos etc. forced or unforced, that I am sure will follow in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:33 am 

both these bds are a NO BUY for me.....but guyzz did u noticed apart from this colour tint and watermark which no doubt are enough to boycott this bd the picture still is sharp with grain present unlike recent BHV releases......if they had'nt used these watermarks.....these bds could turn out into decent ones......!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:15 am 

divyansh wrote:
the picture still is sharp with grain present unlike recent BHV releases......if they had'nt used these watermarks.....these bds could turn out into decent ones......!!

You are absolutely right Divyansh, this is the really sad part about these two blu-rays. As stated by me in another thread, other than a few small issues here and there, based on the screenshots, Shemaroo seem to have delivered pretty good video quality. The picture actually is better than most of the recent BHV/T-Series/Moser Baer releases. But, sorry to say, Shemaroo has totally nullified their good work by putting the obnoxious 'watermarks'. If only SHAME-aroo had not put the 'watermarks' these could have been amongst the best blu-rays. Ofcourse that is if these screenshots accurately represent the actual blu-ray and that the audio too holds up to the same quality level. But, in the end, I would anyday prefer a slightly inferior picture quality without 'watermarks' over a better picture quality that has been marred by 'watermarks'.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:34 pm 

Company watermarks on a Full length movie are not allowed - unless the BD is used for non-profit or non-retail purposes. This is clearly stated on BD white paper.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:35 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Company watermarks on a Full length movie are not allowed - unless the BD is used for non-profit or non-retail purposes. This is clearly stated on BD white paper.

Thank you for the heads up Sunny. Could you also please suggest how we could go about making an official complaint to the BDA regarding this blatant disregard for the BDA rules by Indian video companies. Where can one get the "BD white paper" and also any contact info for the BDA? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:12 am 

Is the watermark burned into the image, or is it part of a graphic track like the subtitles?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 am 

Stephen wrote:
Is the watermark burned into the image, or is it part of a graphic track like the subtitles?

ITS BURNED INTO THE IMAGE

its confirmed as i borrowed both the disks from my friend......apart from this both the BDs feature excellent PQ and amazing SQ......both departments 4.5/5 for me....(initial observation)

but watermarks are unbarable throughout the movie making it a total boycott material and i strongly demand a re-release from shemaroo coz they hav done a amazing job in terms of PQ......and just removing the watermarks will do....no need of re-authoring.....! :D :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 am 

Blu-ray Review: Ishqiya (Shemaroo)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:53 pm 

Watermark or not?
Does not make any difference.
Check Gurkeerat comments on Bluray dont com.
No one returned the disc due to water mark.
everyone is appreciating the PQ and AQ even if its slightly blu and with Shemaroo Logo.

Ishqiya is far better than Peepli but Sanjay liked peepli more than Ishqiya. Anybody seen the PQ of main movie and extra features in Peepli. I am expecting unbiased reviews from some competent member.

Anibap -where are you?

D Shetty