It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:52 pm 

As far as I know Sanjay too has been very positive about the PQ/AQ of the titles from Shemaroo. Its only he or many like him (me included) that can't tolerate the Logos. Whats wrong in opposing a wrong practice by these Indian Video Companies. This protest & boycott now will go a long way in ensuring the quality of future Home Video Titles in India. Do you want to say that Sanjay has any nexus to Excel or he is biased. Go & check all over the internet & you will find that Excel is a much much reputed Home Video Co. than Shemaroo. Tell me one thing - Are you really happy with the present state & quality of the Indian Home Video Industry. In my opinion their quality sucks.

On another note Shemaroo seems to be advocating the use of watermark to curb piracy, but I don't see any Holly Studio using Watermarks (at least visible) to prevent piracy. So are they promoting piracy, or don't they love their titles & giving the pirates a free hand by not using their LOGOS. Please don't tell me that Indian Studios are in more love with their titles as compared to their Holly Counterparts. No Indian Studio can go to the extent to which these Studios go to restore & preserve their titles.

Or are you trying to justify the use of LOGO/ Watermarks just because of Good PQ/AQ? Does having good PQ/AQ justifies every other aspect of the BD. My friend please for god's sake understand that its an experience which the Companies are selling.

On some another note since you may have liked the PQ/AQ & nothing else matters for you.....Have you been following cricket matches on television recently? &those cut out ads in the left+bottom of your screen while the match is in progress, you must have been enjoying them too. Its good to first do a good transfer & then nullify all that good by marring the same with those atrocious Watermark. And in a good transfer Shemaroo has all the right to do a scrolling ad running across the middle of the screen advertising its future Titles. Whats wrong in that also.

Look this argument can go very long, but whatever be the reason, use of any kind of LOGO is not justifiable. For its justification you need to give me only one reason & I will purchase the Watermarked titles the same day...PROMISE.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:04 pm 

I am just supporting publisher's right to protect his video .

In the past good quality of Shemaroo video was used by other publishers/ pirates in their DVDs,
So they decided to use watermark. Now no one can use their good quality PQ of HD Video in DVDs,
Blu-ray discs( after expiry of their tenure) or for HD broadcasting. If they don't use watermark, any HDTV
channel can use their High PQ for their broadcast.

And above all if PQ is good , then it doesn't make any difference if watermark is there or not.

Customers were/are/will buy Blu-ray disc if the PQ and AQ is superb, irrespective of presence of watermark.

The day Shemaroo feels that they are loosing sales due to watermark, they will stop themselves.

I don't like non veg and you like, It doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong.

I have right not to like non veg and BUT I DONT HAVE RIGHT TO SHOUT AND CALL AATMAARAAM AS KHAATMA RAAM
because he likes non veg.

I too have seen Blu-ray disc of Peepli and bonus disc of DVD . The reviewer has not mentioned anything about the top
of the world PQ of bonus features. Because he liked it .

AND I liked PQ AND AQ OF Ishqiya by SHEMAROO which is far better than Peepli Live PQ and AQ.

So-You like something/ I like something /the reviewer like something.

For me Shemaroo is the best encoding and authoring company in India.

Where is the link of white paper published by Blu-ray association as claimed by Mr. Sunny and Mr. Sanjay
If Shemaroo is violating any rule prescribed by Blu-Ray association - why BDA is not taking any action

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:38 pm 

divakar wrote:
I am just supporting publisher's right to protect his video .

In the past good quality of Shemaroo video was used by other publishers/ pirates in their DVDs,
So they decided to use watermark. Now no one can use their good quality PQ of HD Video in DVDs,
Blu-ray discs( after expiry of their tenure) or for HD broadcasting. If they don't use watermark, any HDTV
channel can use their High PQ for their broadcast.

And above all if PQ is good , then it doesn't make any difference if watermark is there or not.

Customers were/are/will buy Blu-ray disc if the PQ and AQ is superb, irrespective of presence of watermark.

The day Shemaroo feels that they are loosing sales due to watermark, they will stop themselves.

I don't like non veg and you like, It doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong.

I have right not to like non veg and BUT I DONT HAVE RIGHT TO SHOUT AND CALL AATMAARAAM AS KHAATMA RAAM
because he likes non veg.

I too have seen Blu-ray disc of Peepli and bonus disc of DVD . The reviewer has not mentioned anything about the top
of the world PQ of bonus features. Because he liked it .

AND I liked PQ AND AQ OF Ishqiya by SHEMAROO which is far better than Peepli Live PQ and AQ.

So-You like something/ I like something /the reviewer like something.

For me Shemaroo is the best encoding and authoring company in India.

Where is the link of white paper published by Blu-ray association as claimed by Mr. Sunny and Mr. Sanjay
If Shemaroo is violating any rule prescribed by Blu-Ray association - why BDA is not taking any action

What a dimtwit! Just because 2 dimwits like you and gurkrit from bluray.com, purchase the "watermarked" Shemaroo blu-ray doesn't mean anything. It is an intellectual property issue, period, no matter how you spin this issue. I have to commend on your crazy analogies though! BRAVO!

Last edited by kailashu on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:43 pm 

divakar wrote:
Watermark or not?
Does not make any difference.
Check Gurkeerat comments on Bluray dont com.
No one returned the disc due to water mark.
everyone is appreciating the PQ and AQ even if its slightly blu and with Shemaroo Logo.

Ishqiya is far better than Peepli but Sanjay liked peepli more than Ishqiya. Anybody seen the PQ of main movie and extra features in Peepli. I am expecting unbiased reviews from some competent member.

Anibap -where are you?

D Shetty

You don't come to this forum and disrespect Sanjay who has been doing some valuable service to the Bolly blu-ray community. A snotty little b*tch indeed! You need some competency, you're better off at bluray.com

Last edited by kailashu on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:46 pm 

BDA have been informed of the Watermark. They plan to review the disc after New Year and decide on what action to take.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:58 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
BDA have been informed of the Watermark. They plan to review the disc after New Year and decide on what action to take.

Good to know that Sunny! Hope some hefty fines are imposed upon! That should teach them a lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:00 pm 

@ Divakar

Oh I so hate playing the blame game but u left me no choice so here is my contribution...

Let me begin by modifying the famous Bollywood dialogue;
'Beta Tum Jis school mein padhte ho na, yahaan(zulm) ke log us school ke headmaster hi nahin, Trustees and founders bhi reh chuke hain.

You Sir, have no idea how many members u have indirectly offended by your post about supporting watermark. Infact it has saddened me so much that for the first time i wish I was a moderator to just....u...(Offence Intended). U have taken us bak to stone age kid and if one were to take you seriously at all, it would nullify the very inception of this forum itself. Seeeing your joining date of forum and reading all through your point of view, I was feeling all the way you are just a noobee not at all aware of what these forums are all about but your last sentence about no action w.r.t BD white paper etc amused me and it sort of reminded me of another dialogue from another famous cult film;
This is You saying- 'Jo kabhi Nahi Jaati Usi Ko Jaati Kehte hain'
And this is all loyal Zulmis responding in one voice- 'Jo Sadiyon se chali Aa rahi hai, wo zaroori nahin ki sahi ho.'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 am 

Don't get angry my friends. He seems to be some representative from Shame-aroo promoting their vested interest. For me, a user (viewer) of the blu-ray disc atleast will never support the use of watermark giving these silly reasons. It reminds of a worthless thread on other bull-shit forum started by similar kind of person named blu_india. looks really the similar.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:50 am 

Anurag1700 wrote:
@ Divakar

Oh I so hate playing the blame game but u left me no choice so here is my contribution...

Let me begin by modifying the famous Bollywood dialogue;
'Beta Tum Jis school mein padhte ho na, yahaan(zulm) ke log us school ke headmaster hi nahin, Trustees and founders bhi reh chuke hain.

You Sir, have no idea how many members u have indirectly offended by your post about supporting watermark. Infact it has saddened me so much that for the first time i wish I was a moderator to just....u...(Offence Intended). U have taken us bak to stone age kid and if one were to take you seriously at all, it would nullify the very inception of this forum itself. Seeeing your joining date of forum and reading all through your point of view, I was feeling all the way you are just a noobee not at all aware of what these forums are all about but your last sentence about no action w.r.t BD white paper etc amused me and it sort of reminded me of another dialogue from another famous cult film;
This is You saying- 'Jo kabhi Nahi Jaati Usi Ko Jaati Kehte hain'
And this is all loyal Zulmis responding in one voice- 'Jo Sadiyon se chali Aa rahi hai, wo zaroori nahin ki sahi ho.'

little rude but spot on correct.......and the last line is 100% corrrect----- Jo Sadiyon se chali Aa rahi hai, wo zaroori nahin ki sahi ho....!! bilkull sahee kahaa sir....!! and i agree with aatmatram sir that he maybe a representaTative like blu india......blu india was really a pain.....sick creature he was.....!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 pm 

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:31 am 

mhafner wrote:

:thumbs:

ye huee naa baat.....!!! good work done....!! :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:53 am 

Borrowed this one for viewing during Christmas. I have not seen the movie yet but have heard a lot about it. My brother suggested me to buy it blind as the movie is good but I won't be able to tolerate the watermark and won't buy this watermark mess on principle.

How do you guys rate this movie and which other movies do you think are similar to this?
Omkara ? Maqbool?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:20 pm 

I found this movie excellent in atleast one department - Authenticity. The entire environment to create that world in which the characters live especially including their spoken accent is very genuine and must feel very relative to someone who has experienced those people and places ever. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm 

anibap wrote:
Borrowed this one for viewing during Christmas. I have not seen the movie yet but have heard a lot about it. My brother suggested me to buy it blind as the movie is good but I won't be able to tolerate the watermark and won't buy this watermark mess on principle.

How do you guys rate this movie and which other movies do you think are similar to this?
Omkara ? Maqbool?

I had posted my views in my review of the blu-ray. --> Blu-ray Review: Ishqiya (Shemaroo) | Screenshots. Other than a similiar rural backdrop, I wouldn't compare the movie to Omkara and it most certainly is very different from Maqbool. The movie has an excellent soundtrack by Vishal Bhardwaj, probably the best of 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 am 

Sanjay wrote:
The movie has an excellent soundtrack by Vishal Bhardwaj, probably the best of 2010.

I'd second that. Though, beyond Ravaan, Ishqiya's music didn't have much competition this year.