It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 am 

Here are some preview screenshots of an upcoming blu-ray from Ayngaran.
The release date is around Feb 2011.

The DPX was full of issues which we corrected. It actually looks better than the original cinema release and upcoming DVD release :)
The director shot the film with harsh black and contrast levels. It is a very difficult film for us to encode...but we are ensuring it matches the final DPX file - frame by frame.

I will post some more screenshots soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:38 am 

I seriously wish, it would be nice, if you encode some of the Hindi Movies. Please do it for the zulmis.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:01 am 

How is the film?

Quick question Sunny - was a little confused by your comment in the Enthiran BD thread about the Tamil BD industry drying up - does this mean that Ayngaran are reducing the number of BDs they'll be doing overall?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 am 

aatmaaraam wrote:
I seriously wish, it would be nice, if you encode some of the Hindi Movies. Please do it for the zulmis.

Hindi companies cannot afford my services :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:08 am 

bhaskar wrote:
How is the film?

Quick question Sunny - was a little confused by your comment in the Enthiran BD thread about the Tamil BD industry drying up - does this mean that Ayngaran are reducing the number of BDs they'll be doing overall?

After Singam, Raavanan and Naan Mahan Alla Ayngaran do not plan to release any other BD titles as there are not many big releases over the next six months. Sadly, Ayngaran failed obtaining BD rights of Endhiran and Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa - the only two Tamil films released this year that performed exceptionally well at the USA/UK & Canada box office. It is unlikely they will obtain the blu-ray rights of Manmadhan Ambu or 7aam Arivu. They might only get the cinema rights.

Meanwhile, AP International will be releasing Kandukodian Kandukodian (under my supervision). We are actually testing with various softwares, which is taking more time than expected.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:06 pm 

Are you testing x264 encoder?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 am 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
]

After Singam, Raavanan and Naan Mahan Alla Ayngaran do not plan to release any other BD titles as there are not many big releases over the next six months. Sadly, Ayngaran failed obtaining BD rights of Endhiran and Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa - the only two Tamil films released this year that performed exceptionally well at the USA/UK & Canada box office. It is unlikely they will obtain the blu-ray rights of Manmadhan Ambu or 7aam Arivu. They might only get the cinema rights.

Meanwhile, AP International will be releasing Kandukodian Kandukodian (under my supervision). We are actually testing with various softwares, which is taking more time than expected.

How about Boss Engira Baskaran ? I thought it was a hit ,not a blockbuster but it did really well at the BO and this despite Enthiran.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 pm 

Hi sunny when can we expect this release!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:35 am 

This title is on hold at present. We've seen rise to many people uploading full BD rips of our titles on various torrents site. Now we are looking at what our next plan is.
BDA is also helping us on this matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:31 pm 

Sunny, that is sad. Even our forum members are posting the screen shots from torrent site. I think the Ravanan screen shots (not the one you posted) are from torrent site. We should not encourage our forum members to post from those sites.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 am 

NKumar wrote:
Sunny, that is sad. Even our forum members are posting the screen shots from torrent site. I think the Ravanan screen shots (not the one you posted) are from torrent site. We should not encourage our forum members to post from those sites.

oh com on all the hindi bluray screen shots posted here are taken from torrent sites
its because delivery is too late by the time they get the copies its released in internet and is seeded out
if the bluray distributors can ship it @ fast rates then i am sure there will be atleast 30% increase in sales!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 pm 

NKumar wrote:

Maybe this website can get the IP Addresses of the people who post from those torrent sites and submit it to Interpol,FBI, or any other interested party :D :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 am 

This title is on hold at present. We've seen rise to many people uploading full BD rips of our titles on various torrents site. Now we are looking at what our next plan is.

Sunny, what about these movies, would love to have them on blu-ray :
Shankar movies
Maniratnam movies
Gautham Menon movies
Thenali
Ghilli
Santosh Subramaniam
M.Kumaran
Something Something... Unakkum Enakkum
Aayirathil Oruvan
Madrasapattinam
Dasavathaaram
Director Jeeva movies
Sillunu Oru Kaadhal
New
Kushi
Vaali
Panchathanthiram
Padayappa
V.I.P.
Kadhal Desam
Baasha

I think sales will increase when blu-rays are priced slightly higher than DVDs and when more households get Blu-ray drives. Piracy sucks, I think that's affecting the pricing as well

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:10 pm 

achchu wrote:

Shankar movies
Maniratnam movies
Gautham Menon movies
Thenali
Ghilli---->this is being currently putoff
Santosh Subramaniam
M.Kumaran
Aayirathil Oruvan
Madrasapattinam
"Dasavathaaram" no bluray until the producer hands over the DPX files
Director Jeeva movies
Sillunu Oru Kaadhal
New
Kushi

Panchathanthiram
"adayappa
Vaali
V.I.P.
Kadhal Desam
Baasha"
old films and these have to be reprocessed.

I think sales will increase when blu-rays are priced slightly higher than DVDs and when more households get Blu-ray drives. Piracy sucks, I think that's affecting the pricing as well

Source: Sunny has mentioned them in his earlier posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:21 pm 

Mani wrote:
achchu wrote:

Shankar movies
Maniratnam movies
Gautham Menon movies
Thenali
Ghilli---->this is being currently putoff
Santosh Subramaniam
M.Kumaran
Aayirathil Oruvan
Madrasapattinam
"Dasavathaaram" no bluray until the producer hands over the DPX files
Director Jeeva movies
Sillunu Oru Kaadhal
New
Kushi

Panchathanthiram
"adayappa
Vaali
V.I.P.
Kadhal Desam
Baasha"
old films and these have to be reprocessed.

Source: Sunny has mentioned them in his earlier posts.

i wil definitely vote for all shankar films, manirathnam films, vtv, padayappa, aayirathil oruvan, bashaa

can consider, sok, thenaali and new...