It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Upcoming Bollywood BDs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:02 am 

@Sanjay - Can you confirm if the following BDs will be released this month and who will be releasing it.

SARKAR
GHULAM
WATER
DABANGG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 am 

kailashu wrote:
@Sanjay - Can you confirm if the following BDs will be released this month and who will be releasing it.

SARKAR
GHULAM
WATER
DABANGG

Dabangg is a 'BIG HV' title and Sarkar I think is a T-Series title. Ghulam overseas was a Eros title, not sure about India. Regarding Water I have no idea, but will try and find out.

Post subject: Upcoming Bollywood BDs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:51 am 

Water it is:)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:13 am 

T-Series also has the right of "Ghulam" :o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:37 pm 

Water is an Eagle title in India. Based on the absolutely pathetic blu-ray of 'The Reader' that Eagle has released in the past, I would have shuddered at the thought of another blu-ray release from them. But fortunately this time around the authoring is being done by Digital Entertainment unlike the previous two blu-rays from Eagle which were authored by Moser Baer. Even then, I am not too confident of this turning out to be a very good blu-ray. After all there is only so much an authorer can do if the master provided is not good to begin with. Both blu-rays released by Eagle so far have been mastered directly form a used cinema print and I suspect that might be the case with 'Water' too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:35 pm 

Induna has Ghulam in their shop
http://www.induna.com/1000008219-productdetails/?ref=nf

I hope someone can post a review soon and the BR is better then my Eros DVD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 am 

According to Yashraj, these Blu-rays will be releasing in December:

K3G
Kal Ho Na Ho
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:01 pm 

wow....was waiting for these movies.....hope they stick with the date and hope the bd looks similar or better than Pyaar impossible...:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 pm 

-MK- wrote:
wow....was waiting for these movies.....hope they stick with the date and hope the bd looks similar or better than Pyaar impossible...:)

That is impossible to make any of these films look like that. Remember as the experiece says yet, Yashraj is not excellent when it comes to older titles. Just wish and feel really blessed if they transfer the source as is. Not to mention, even the newest of these three titles- KHNH is from a time when still no Cinematographer was expecting the arrival of Blu ray for Home video.

Btw, me too badly waiting for KHNH than any other mainly because dvd was so heavily pixellated, it has been crying for HD treatment since ages.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:10 pm 

yeah...i know that but why to think in negative way....even now they can comeback by releasing good bluray......hope their source is good....:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:07 pm 

-MK- wrote:
yeah...i know that but why to think in negative way....even now they can comeback by releasing good bluray......hope their source is good....:)

+1 .... 'Hope is a good thing'. (Shawshank redemption)
My number one rule is 'hope for the best, plan for the worst' (Bourne Ultimatum)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:14 pm 

According to REM and amazon.de

Don Blu Ray by REM starts shipping tomorrow NOV 8 2010 . Any takers?

Yes... Everyone is aware that T-Series was indeed a very Good version unanimously. But for some reason I personally always feel they did'nt get the color right and the intended look of the film, which is supposed to be green prediminantly, is ruined by occassional unwanted Blue hues which never showed up in its theatrical view. Based on color difference between REM and T-Series DVDs that I remember having seen long back, have very high hopes with this Blu Ray.

PS: This one will be without English Subs. Only German subs with both German and Hindi DTS HDMA audio Tracks.