It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:03 pm 

I was interested in buying 7 movies (mostly MoserBaer releases) thru a friend in India. At Rs. 800 each, they do add up in cost :(
With Diwali around the corner, I was curious if anyone knew of any sales coming up in India that would save me some moolah.

I thought I had seen a post here (or the Blu-Ray forum) mentioning 25% off BD's at Landmark stores. Do such sales (or better ones) come often?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:28 pm 

If you are looking to get these from Kolkata, there is a very old & renowned shop there - SYMPHONY, Esplanade. They give almost 17 to 18 % Discount on anything, any given day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:57 pm 

aatmaaraam wrote:
If you are looking to get these from Kolkata, there is a very old & renowned shop there - SYMPHONY, Esplanade. They give almost 17 to 18 % Discount on anything, any given day.

Symphony rocks! I get most of my DVDs from there when in Kolkata, I think everything is sold at close to trade price. Great range as well - only problem is the shop is always completely full, and it's not a massive shop either. But great deals from there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm 

bugsnest wrote:
I was interested in buying 7 movies (mostly MoserBaer releases) thru a friend in India. At Rs. 800 each, they do add up in cost :(
Where in India would this be? If in and around Delhi, I may be able to help in getting approx. 18% - 20% off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:29 am 

Sanjay wrote:
bugsnest wrote:
Where in India would this be? If in and around Delhi, I may be able to help in getting approx. 18% - 20% off.

thanks for the offer Sanjay. Unfortunately my buddy is travelling on work to Mumbai and possibly Bangalore :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 am 

bugsnest wrote:
thanks for the offer Sanjay. Unfortunately my buddy is travelling on work to Mumbai and possibly Bangalore :(

I am from bangalore Buddy and I was the one who posted the Landmark News. Their offer is supposed to have ended by now but may be they extended the period not sure. Will be checking and confirming today soon. Btw; the below could be useful:

1) In case you are looking for BHV and EROS titles, all their titles are now flat 20% off from the manufacturer themselves.
2) There is this Indian site(bangalore based) called flipkart.com which gives free shipping and 18-20% off on all blu rays anytime.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:47 am 

Update: landamrk offer of 20% of on MB Blu Rays is expired now.

Nope: bugsnest buddy, just so u know Landmark is very lazy in getting stocks of new BDs. Rajneeti arrived yesterday while Swades , badmaash company have not yet arrived here. Forget about Mohabatein/Dhoom. U do the math.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:38 pm 

Anurag1700 wrote:

Nope: bugsnest buddy, just so u know Landmark is very lazy in getting stocks of new BDs. Rajneeti arrived yesterday while Swades , badmaash company have not yet arrived here. Forget about Mohabatein/Dhoom. U do the math.

@Anurag1700
Thanks for checking into all this for me; truly appreciate it. Will pass this along to my buddy...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 pm 

Anurag1700 wrote:

I got badmaash company BD from crosswords in Koramangala when I was in India.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 am 

Please newdeep to note :)