It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:51 pm 

^^^I wouldn't go by what BBR says. They are full of it. They just want to move their stocks. They did the same thing with EROS titles, especially Munna Bhai, Billu Barber etc. They claimed it was one of the best Bolly BDs they have seen.

Once the reviews were out, then they back tracked big time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:29 pm 

Anurag1700 wrote:
Bad News Bad News Bad News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the first glance, I cannot say about any other factor as I do not have the right equipment but one thing I can clearly see with my eyes-
There is NO Improvement in the black levels of Veer Zaara and Fanaa.
This is just what I was afraid. My fear was that YRF HE may simply be pulling a fast one to fool the consumers due to the poor response received due to the lack of 'lossless' audio. So most probably they have simply used the previous 'crap' masters to re-encode the video with a higher bitrate with all the previous problems remaining as is. In fact most probably even the new DTS HD-MA 5.1 track is simply a transcoding of the previous DD5.1 track and is not truly a 'lossless' track. This is what I feel they have been doing all along for their other titles too, ie. the titles originally released with a DTS HD-MA track. I feel stupid now to have been congratulating 'YRF HE' for seemingly doing the right thing. I had assumed that these re-issued blu-rays would be free of logo 'watermarks', but apparently even that is nto the case and the logo 'watermarks' still appear with the sub-titles on. Instead of being "lauded", YRF HE deserves all the brickbats that can be thrown their way. We must all write to them and express our happiness and we should also do as much as we can to publicise this hoodwinking by them.

SHAME ON YOU Yash Raj for cheating your customers. As the old adage goes, "kutte ki poonch, sau saal nali mein rakh kar bhi, tedhi ki tedhi rehti hai".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:46 pm 

raSpberRy wrote:
According to BBR(from blu-ray.com), they informed changed the prints.

And also I've seen this mention from somebody,
"Picture quality is a bit sharper in our opinion and black levels look better."

It is silly to take anything BBR states seriously. They have time and time again proven that all they care about is making a sale and they could give a rats ass for consumers. The blatant collusion of retailers, authorers and video companies on the other forum has now reached ridiculous levels. But what is even more shocking, is that people continue to be fooled by these industry people who are posting there and are quite clearly stating things that members want to hear, without any real change or action being taken. They are even now blatantly making posts that are quite clearly in defense of each other. The India section of that forum has been reduced to a big joke with majority of the posts being commanded and steered by a few people with vested interests.
raSpberRy wrote:
That statement too was made by BBR, obviously with the clear intent to generate some sales. Which they have succeeded in, as clearly borne out by some of the member posts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:01 pm 

raSpberRy wrote:
to Anurag.
Did you really check that back print of those blu's?

If that is truth, it would be huge tragedy.

Firstly, Raspbery, I am the one who started this thread. Do u really think I am aso stupid not to check out the cover before buying? Really??

Anyway I took a deep nap after getting that shock and i woke up thinking may be it was just a bad dream! Ok now I read ur post and check the cover again- Yes it says packaging 7/10, Special features on separate disc.

So I pop the disc again in and realise that it wasnt a bad dream. To nullify any doubts, raspbery, I am ready to sign a stamp paper that black levels are as it is. No Change.

The only benefit if at all u r getting out of these re-releases is , if it matters to anyone,

1) No Watermark with subtitle off
2) Movie begins immediately after YRF HE logo. i.e. Main Menu is skipped.

Sanjay, one thing, this was also true for first batch, did u notice that in the Main Menu of VZ, in the tiny boxes that show the still image of the song/chapter, the color including black levels looks so correct while for the movie they are terrible.

All in All, Shame on Yashrajfilms. Liar Liar YRF is a liar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 pm 

Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo!!
Thank you Anurag and I'd like to express your respect to all your sacrifice.
I have to inform this tragic news to my Hindi film collector fellows.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:12 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
raSpberRy wrote:

It is silly to take anything BBR states seriously.

I agree as I have experienced it personally in one instance. For Mohabbatein someone from BBR (they have diff ppl responding posts) said that Audio has echo(psuedo surround) while it was very true to source when I checked. Always one should wait for a member opinion/comments.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:42 pm 

I did not buy Fanna from the initlial batch-1 because I was so let down by the dark SS themselves that were posted here. However, I can assure 100% that the same black crush is present in Re-released version that I have bought now.

Someone from Batch 1 owners please confirm if this audio atrocity as well in Fanaa BD was present in its initial batch. If not, then this as mentioned below is obviously the biggest Tragedy of re-releases history :-

Starting after the end of Chand Sifarish Song, all through the interval point, the audio completely goes for a toss. I hear echo in sound and every beat of music in all scenes and songs sounds twice. It is a punishment to listen to Dekho Na song and I feel like literally giving death sentence to the BD autor for insulting the magnificient piece of art the song actually is.

PS: The mere haath mein song is now the original version on BD. The initial batch as i read somewhere had the deleted version.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:52 am 

Audio is extremely butchered:) man all those beautiful tunes seems like lingered remixes of some sort:(?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:05 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
Audio is extremely butchered:) man all those beautiful tunes seems like lingered remixes of some sort:(?

I am not clear if this is u answering my question. The question is- does this thing of echo and double beats exists on the initial batch as well? Because as Sanjay believes that after a lot of caliberation and tweaking, Fanaa is acceptable to watch, I want to know if the audio was acceptable in the first batch or is it the 2nd batch only that they have messed up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:25 am 

Anurag1700 wrote:
The question is- does this thing of echo and double beats exists on the initial batch as well? Because as Sanjay believes that after a lot of caliberation and tweaking, Fanaa is acceptable to watch, I want to know if the audio was acceptable in the first batch or is it the 2nd batch only that they have messed up.
Although I did not watch the entire movie, I don't recall any isues with the audio on the original 'Fanaa' blu-ray.

EDIT: But considering that I did not watch the whole movie, the audio problem could very well be there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:28 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Anurag1700 wrote:
The question is- does this thing of echo and double beats exists on the initial batch as well? Because as Sanjay believes that after a lot of caliberation and tweaking, Fanaa is acceptable to watch, I want to know if the audio was acceptable in the first batch or is it the 2nd batch only that they have messed up.
Although I did not watch the entire movie, I don't recall any isues with the audio on the original 'Fanaa' blu-ray.

Thanks Sanjay, Then as this is the only tweakable version that we will be having for fanaa, I would sincerely request you to check the above mentioned portion of the film and confirm to me if my buying the batch-1 version now is of any use from the audio perspective. The planet M store does have last few pieces of the old stock so please reply to this urgently.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 am 

I have the old version and the audio sucks. specially the "Des Rangila" song. You can hear echoing and the beats are all messed up. Mp3s sound better than that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:47 am 

achchu wrote:
I have the old version and the audio sucks. specially the "Des Rangila" song. You can hear echoing and the beats are all messed up. Mp3s sound better than that.

BANG ON. Thats exactly waht I wanted to hear. Thanks achchu. Now the road seems clear. Fanaa DVD is the only version where the movie can be felt alive.

For heaven's sake these were some of the biggest money minting films for Yashraj, for bollywood, for India!! This attempt at re-authoring (so called) is hence a criminal offence of the order that cannot and should not be forgiven at any cost come what may. I might sound like I am emotionally going overboard but I have every reason to be.

PS: Now I understand and see very clearly Sanjay why sometimes u are so brutal in your reviews of some Blu rays. I learned it the hard way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:34 am 

After reading some bad experiences on re-released titles, i decided not to continue with getting the titles from my supply. In fact, i have few complaints on BBR, they have been monopolizing that forum and they have also deleted some valuable posts cause they think its not necessary as though they are the owners.

I totally support and agree with Sanjay and i will not ever trust BBR's crap posts at "that" forum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:11 pm 

They started out with shitty vhs titles They just made then into dvds so what is to stop then from making the same shitty dvds and call them blue ray.