It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ANGADI THERU- BLURAY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:24 pm 

ANGADI THERU- BLURAY listed on Ayngaran e-shop now :D

Post subject: Re: ANGADI THERU- BLURAY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 am 

Thanks for the update. Any word on Singam?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 am 

Singham is undergoing replication. The lion should be ready a mid-November release.

This blu-ray has given me the most problems as the DPX had SOOOOOO many problems. The film now looks better on blu-ray. It will never look this good again.

However, it is still fuelled with problems like messed up colour correction, bad camerawork, and weak special effects. There is only so much I can do....not the best quality from us @ Ayngaran...but it could have been a lot worse.

A big thanks to AP International for their hard work and patience...I owe them :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:02 pm 

All I can say is WOW Sunny. Singham, being a relatively new movie, one would think the BD encoding should be problem free. This info just blows my mind. This can happen only in India. On another note - the screen shots of Singham looked fantastic. In your honest opinion, will Singham BD PQ be ever close to Ayan BD PQ or something along the lines of Pokiri.

I am still on the fence with Paiyya BD, can anyone comment on the repeat value. IMO, Aathavan and Peranmai did not deserve a BD treament.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:35 am 

kailashu wrote:
All I can say is WOW Sunny. Singham, being a relatively new movie, one would think the BD encoding should be problem free. This info just blows my mind. This can happen only in India. On another note - the screen shots of Singham looked fantastic. In your honest opinion, will Singham BD PQ be ever close to Ayan BD PQ or something along the lines of Pokiri.

I am still on the fence with Paiyya BD, can anyone comment on the repeat value. IMO, Aathavan and Peranmai did not deserve a BD treament.

Kailashu,

There's lot more movies deserves BD release compared to the one above mentioned. IMHO, Villu is waste of effort cos the movie is a big time flop. I appreciate Sivaji, UPO, Ayan on BD though. Vaarnam Aayiram, Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu, Anniyan and some Shankar's , Mani, Gautham M , movies deserve BD..the rest can be ignored..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:21 am 

kailashu wrote:

I had initially shelled out the dough for the Paiyya BD, just for the heck of it. I hadn't paid too much attention to the songs the first time around when I watched the movie. But, now I find that I love the songs and I have popped the BD back in for repeat viewings, just for the songs alone!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 pm 

dr_vasanth wrote:
kailashu wrote:

I had initially shelled out the dough for the Paiyya BD, just for the heck of it. I hadn't paid too much attention to the songs the first time around when I watched the movie. But, now I find that I love the songs and I have popped the BD back in for repeat viewings, just for the songs alone!

Good to know Vasanth! I will definitely keep that in mind:)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:57 pm 

Again Ayngaran and Sunny have proved time and again quality is the key and they will not compromise or cut corners. Excellent picture and audio quality. The bass is tight, surround soundstage is spectacular and the dialogues are crisp and clear. This movie was the closest competitor for the Indian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film but it lost to Peepli Live. It is a critically acclaimed movie that did very well in the box office.

I did not see any signs of EE, DNR (plaguing Indian BDs big time), aliasing or macroblocking. I did notice tiny flecks pop up here and there, nevertheless this BD boasts a strong 1080p transfer and comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.