It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:04 pm 

the screens ARE simply awsome.....!! it looks like film(i mean it looks like regular 35mm cameras are used....!!) but is in 16x9 aspect ratio?? now how is it possible?? other film makers should also use such technique......the picture is crisp sharp but...... is it only me who feels like like 3 yrf titles this also has artificial sharpning in some screens ??? though the case is not as bad because of new and advanced (i mean DPX OR HD TAPES) SOURCE is used for this.....!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 am 

divyansh wrote:
the screens ARE simply awsome.....!! it looks like film(i mean it looks like regular 35mm cameras are used....!!) but is in 16x9 aspect ratio?? now how is it possible?? other film makers should also use such technique......the picture is crisp sharp but...... is it only me who feels like like 3 yrf titles this also has artificial sharpning in some screens ??? though the case is not as bad because of new and advanced (i mean DPX OR HD TAPES) SOURCE is used for this.....!

I have not had time to watch the whole movie yet. But, based on a quick view by skipping thru chapters, this looks like one of the best and most 'film' like Indian blu-rays to date. Personally, I saw no signs of "artificial sharpening" or for that matter the 'archnemisis' of bollywood blu-rays, ie. DNR. This one seems to be a REAL WINNER and a MUST BUY.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:01 am 

I am quite surprised that no one noticed, but to me there seems be quite serious black crush issue with the screenshots.

Look closely and you will see what I mean. Detail in and around darker areas are looking like a black blob even in daylight scenes...

The crushed black is also affecting the colors. I noticed this issue with the DVD and I am quite dissapointed to see this issue in th BD as well. I thought this would have been corrected.