Running Time: 02:47:22 hrs
Chapters: 25
Video:
2.35:1, HD 1080p 16:9, VC1 23.976Hz
Peak Bitrate 47.1Mbps | Average bitrate ?Mbps
Audio:
1/2 Hindi - LPCM 5.1 <-- Default Track
2/2 Hindi - Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: <-- 2.35:1 Screen Friendly (Positioned at the bottom of the picture area)
English
Special Features:

Special Mention:
No Watermark Logo, during songs or otherwise.<-- All Bollywood Video companies, please take note.
No scrolling advertisements during songs or otherwise. <-- All Bollywood Video companies, please take note.
No advertisements, forced or otherwise, during the movie. <-- All Bollywood Video companies, please take note.
Separate 'Song Menu' to allow direct selection of song. <-- This should be a no brainer for all Bollywood films.

Authoring issues:
1. Menus do not close on their own.
2. No option for 'main' menu in the pop-up menu.

Review:
Video: Totally washed out and hazy picture. Eros's tryst with incorrect black levels continues. The color saturation and hue are very inconsistent and vary greatly, scene to scene. Heavy DNR has been used, rendering the picture very soft along with being very dull and lifeless.
Audio: Waaay too loud. This too is a consistent problem with Eros blu-rays. The overall audio quality, other than the high levels issue, is pretty good and the sound mix too is quite active.
NOT Recommended

My ratings:
Movie: 2.5 out of 5.0
Video: 1.5 out of 5.0
Audio: 4.0 out of 5.0
Extras: 0 out of 5.0
Overall: 2.45 out of 5.0

Equipment used for testing:
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE2000U
Screen: Da-Lite 4:3 120" 'Model B' - White Matte
Viewing Distance: 11' 6"
A/V Receiver: Denon AVR5800
Speakers: 5.1
Front/Main: Paradigm Reference 100 v2
Center: Paradigm Reference Studio CC v2
Rear: Tannoy - Mercury M5
Subwoofer: Paradigm Reference Servo 15
BD Player:
Oppo BDP-83 (Hardware Modified 'Region Free' with 'BDP83-50-0424' firmware)
PS3 (80GB US 'Region A' with firmware v3.41)

PS: Link to review by 'anibap'.

Last edited by Sanjay on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:06 am 

agree with your review but instead have given
movie 2.5/5
picture 1.5/5
sound 4.5/5(amazing mix just love the usage of surrounds it reely sounded killer espacially the songs and secondly soundtrack being loud is subject to original masters and not eros's fault here..yet another amazing mix from 4frames chennai where priyadarshan gets all his mixes done khatta meetha also has this kind of brilliant mix......)

and overall since the movie is not to be cherished for a long time....secondly in my opinion i have its eros dvd and its the best dvd i own..........the pq is superb so this bd is heavily not recommended also because of its high price 999......instead get a dvd which wad 199 now a days i think its just 149 and believe me its the best bollywood dvd and better than this blu ray......

heavily

NOT RECOMENDED

Last edited by divyansh on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am 

divyansh wrote:
soundtrack being loud is subject to original masters and not eros's fault here..
Do you have actual information? It just seems more than just coincidental that almost every single Eros blu-ray has this problem, whereas other blu-rays from other video companies vary from title to title.

Last edited by Sanjay on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 am 

Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:
soundtrack being loud is subject to original masters and not eros's fault here..
Do you have actual information? It just seems more than just coincedental that almot every single Eros blu-ray has this problem, whereas other blu-rays from other video companies vary from title to title.

i didnt watched this movie in theatre but in dvd also it was loud........!! 2 do you have any problem with soundtrack being loud......one can easily decrease the volume of thir reciever......loud soundtrack is aggressive......some soundtracks which have a soft or low volume soundtracks raising the volume even doesnt help but loud tracks have benigits one can enjoy it loud and the one who doesnt want can decrease its volume..........!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:29 pm 

divyansh wrote:
i didnt watched this movie in theatre but in dvd also it was loud........!! 2 do you have any problem with soundtrack being loud......one can easily decrease the volume of thir reciever......loud soundtrack is aggressive......
There are certain industry standards that professionals are expected to follow. Audio volume level standards are the same as any other specifications and if they are not followed, then it makes it impossible to calibrate movie theaters and or Home Theaters. Thus anything louder than the industry standard is definately a problem. In the case of this blu-ray the volume level is just not higher than industry standards, but in fact is much much louder, which not only risks damage to equipment but also can cause damage leading to hearing loss. By the way aggressive does not neccesarily have to be louder than the industry standards. There are countless examples of hollywood blu-rays with very aggressive soundtracks, but not of them has the overall volume level set any higher than the industry norm.
divyansh wrote:
some soundtracks which have a soft or low volume soundtracks raising the volume even doesnt help but loud tracks have benigits one can enjoy it loud and the one who doesnt want can decrease its volume..........!!
I don't mean to sound presumptuos, but you might want to consider a more powerful amplifier. I personally enjoy aggressive soundtracks and as per most people I know, I watch my movies very loud, but I have yet to come accross a blu-ray where I could not turn up the volume loud enough to what I like.

PS: Consider this akin to the colors on a blu-ray being oversaturated and then suggesting to people that they can simply turn down their color settings.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:
i didnt watched this movie in theatre but in dvd also it was loud........!! 2 do you have any problem with soundtrack being loud......one can easily decrease the volume of thir reciever......loud soundtrack is aggressive......
There are certain industry standards that professionals are expected to follow. Audio volume level standards are the same as any other specifications and if they are not followed, then it makes it impossible to calibrate movie theaters and or Home Theaters. Thus anything louder than the industry standard is definately a problem. In the case of this blu-ray the volume level is just not higher than industry standards, but in fact is much much louder, which not only risks damage to equipment but also can cause damage leading to hearing loss. By the way aggressive does not neccesarily have to be louder than the industry standards. There are countless examples of hollywood blu-rays with very aggressive soundtracks, but not of them has the overall volume level set any higher than the industry norm.
divyansh wrote:
some soundtracks which have a soft or low volume soundtracks raising the volume even doesnt help but loud tracks have benigits one can enjoy it loud and the one who doesnt want can decrease its volume..........!!
I don't mean to sound presumptuos, but you might want to consider a more powerful amplifier. I personally enjoy aggressive soundtracks and as per most people I know, I watch my movies very loud, but I have yet to come accross a blu-ray where I could not turn up the volume loud enough to what I like.

PS: Consider this akin to the colors on a blu-ray being oversaturated and then suggesting to people that they can simply turn down their color settings.

well i have never said about the blu ray saturation levels.........and comming to amplifier i recnetly baught myself a denon avr3311 which is 7.2 channel amp with 125watts per channel and have two jbl 600 watts 12inch subs......i dont think i need more power than this..........!!! and still there are some hollywood films which feel underpowered or too soft and lifeless to me..........!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:16 pm 

divyansh wrote:
comming to amplifier i recnetly baught myself a denon avr3311 which is 7.2 channel amp with 125watts per channel and have two jbl 600 watts 12inch subs......i dont think i need more power than this..........!!! and still there are some hollywood films which feel underpowered or too soft and lifeless to me..........!!!
No offence, but the AVR3311 is not a very powerful amplifier. Ratings don't tell the whole story and in any case wattage ratings don't make much difference to the 'loudness' levels. Most peopel do not realize that 'doubling' the amplifier power does not double the loudness (decibels). Therefore a 100-watt amplifier will produce only slightly louder sound than a 50-watt amplifier, ie. approx. 3db increase only. An amplifier must deliver ten times as much power to double the subjective loudness, which is considered to be approx. an increase of 10db. If "loud" is what you are looking for, then maybe you should consider more efficient speakers.

PS: If you wish to, please read the following linked articles to learn more about the relationship between amplifier power and speaker power requirements.
-->Secrets of Amplifier and Speaker Power Requirements Revealed
--> Why Wattage Does Not Matter
Excerpt from the above linked article:
Quote:
Wattage, or the rated maximum power of a hifi component is probably the last thing you’d want to consider when purchasing equipment. Only newbies ask about wattage, much like only newbies compare megapixels in camera gear. Hi-fi doesn’t work the same way as power tools, and even power tools don’t exactly go by a watt-per-dollar comparison. There are good reasons why 40W amps sell for thousands of dollars and 200W amps for $50. Hint: it’s not the wattage.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:39 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:
comming to amplifier i recnetly baught myself a denon avr3311 which is 7.2 channel amp with 125watts per channel and have two jbl 600 watts 12inch subs......i dont think i need more power than this..........!!! and still there are some hollywood films which feel underpowered or too soft and lifeless to me..........!!!
No offence, but the AVR3311 is not a very powerful amplifier. Ratings don't tell the whole story and in any case wattage ratings don't make much difference to the 'loudness' levels. Most peopel do not realize that 'doubling' the amplifier power does not double the loudness (decibels). Therefore a 100-watt amplifier will produce only slightly louder sound than a 50-watt amplifier, ie. approx. 3db increase only. An amplifier must deliver ten times as much power to double the subjective loudness, which is considered to be approx. an increase of 10db. If "loud" is what you are looking for, then maybe you should consider more efficient speakers.

PS: If you wish to, please read the following linked articles to learn more about the relationship between amplifier power and speaker power requirements.
Quote:
Wattage, or the rated maximum power of a hifi component is probably the last thing you’d want to consider when purchasing equipment. Only newbies ask about wattage, much like only newbies compare megapixels in camera gear. Hi-fi doesn’t work the same way as power tools, and even power tools don’t exactly go by a watt-per-dollar comparison. There are good reasons why 40W amps sell for thousands of dollars and 200W amps for $50. Hint: it’s not the wattage.

I am an Electrical Engineer and that information is bang on correct. Most of the newbies are fooled by the amplifier wattage ratings and the sad part is some companies go to the extent of inserting dynamic wattage ratings aka PMPO (Peak Music Power Output). They have this atrocious claims of 1000 watt PMPO. All I can do is shake my head. Even a 20 watt amplifier can do the magic provided the sensitivity rating of the speakers is high. A speaker with a sensitivity rating that's 3 dB higher than another speaker's only needs half as much power to deliver the same amount of sound.

A pair of reasonably sensitive speakers deliver the following decibel levels at a distance of about one meter.

Power/ Decibels

2 Watts = 93 decibels
4 Watts = 96 decibels
8 Watts = 99 decibels
16 Watts = 102 decibels
32 Watts = 105 decibels
64 Watts = 108 decibels
128 Watts = 111 decibels
256 Watts = 114 decibels
512 Watts= 117 decibels
1024 Watts = 120 decibels

In other words, for any given set of speakers, each 3 dB increase in volume level requires a doubling of the amplifier power, provided your speaker can handle that level of sensitivity and wattage. Prolonged exposure to 120 db will definitely make you deaf. To put into perspective, 120 db is equivalent to being right next to a jet aircraft constantly.

Last edited by kailashu on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:46 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:

Quote:

well sanjay you just misunderstood me..........i just wanted to tell that i dont have a dull or lifelesss setup in which i cant experience the power
btw my speakers are(recently purchased all this just 1.5 months back)

the b&w cm9 main speakers.........(asked dad for 800diamond series but they were just very very expensive but these are really awsome too.....amazing power from these)
the polk lsi-c centre speaker
the polk fxi a6 surrounds
and finally
polk tsi rear surrounds........+ the denon AVR3311 reciever(7.2 channels)
2xjbl l8400p 600w each black

and finally the panasonic pt-ae400u projector on a SMX pro-curv screen approx 126" diagonally..........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:56 pm 

divyansh wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:

Quote:

well sanjay you just misunderstood me..........i just wanted to tell that i dont have a dull or lifelesss setup in which i cant experience the power

the b&w cm9 main speakers.........(asked dad for 800diamond series but they were just very very expensive but these are really awsome too.....amazing power from these)
and finally

and finally the panasonic pt-ae400u projector on a SMX pro-curv screen approx 126" diagonally..........

Man, I love the CM9s, one of the most acclaimed speakers. Dude, you should match the front with the CM5s & CM2. JBLs do dish out some decent subs, but either the B&W ASW 12CM or Velodyne's would have been orgasmatic:) You got a decent set up, but I am not sure how much of a timber mismatch you're going to have as you have speakers from different companies. You should try powering the B&Ws with Rotel amplifier. B&W/Rotel is a dynamite combo, especially if you're into music. The Denon should do the job when you watch movies.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:51 pm 

kailashu wrote:
divyansh wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:

Quote:

and finally

Man, I love the CM9s, one of the most acclaimed speakers. Dude, you should match the front with the CM5s & CM2. JBLs do dish out some decent subs, but either the B&W ASW 12CM or Velodyne's would have been orgasmatic:) You got a decent set up, but I am not sure how much of a timber mismatch you're going to have as you have speakers from different companies. You should try powering the B&Ws with Rotel amplifier. B&W/Rotel is a dynamite combo, especially if you're into music. The Denon should do the job when you watch movies.

dude it took almost 2-3 months of my study on which to buy where to buy, how to buy...its very diffficult to get these stuffs in india.......took advice from doono how many people and finally we got these......and iam truly very very happy with my new setup......!!!
we went to new york for the b&w.z and we auditioned the cm series centres at brooklyn,new york and i didnt liked that cm series centres instead i liked diamond series htm2 centres which again were very very expensive and my dad didnt find the diffrence in price justifable......almost 2.5lakhs for a centre speaker.......so we went the middle way got the polk and iam almost 95% satisfied comming to subs again the same thing........2 jbl l8400 sounded reely good to both of us........but i can go for upgrades anytime afterwards but i dont need to......and comming to surrounds...the espacialy the side surrounds which are most used as there is very less of 7.1 content and ITS ZERO IN INDIA and the rear surround signals are only created by the reciever so i got more powerfull and expensive for the sides and belive me no thatre in delhi sounds better than my setup and the rear surrounds are killer too....!!! the amount spend in all this went very very high about 9-10 lakhs i thnk so right now no additions sometime l8er ill think of getting them......but i reely dont need any upgrade unless we buy a new and bigger house with bigger theatre room..... :) :)which i dont think so will happen anytime soon.........so iam very happy with all this only.....!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:51 pm 

kailashu wrote:
divyansh wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
divyansh wrote:

Quote:

and finally

dude it took almost 2-3 months of my study on which to buy where to buy, how to buy...its very diffficult to get these stuffs in india.......took advice from doono how many people and finally we got these......and iam truly very very happy with my new setup......!!!
we went to new york for the b&w.z and we auditioned the cm series centres at brooklyn,new york and i didnt liked that cm series centres instead i liked diamond series htm2 centres which again were very very expensive and my dad didnt find the diffrence in price justifable......almost 2.5lakhs for a centre speaker.......so we went the middle way got the polk and iam almost 95% satisfied comming to subs again the same thing........2 jbl l8400 sounded reely good to both of us.....ill sujjest you to listen to them sometime they are better than asw12cm.......but i can go for upgrades anytime afterwards but i dont need to......and comming to surrounds...the espacialy the side surrounds which are most used as there is very less of 7.1 content and ITS ZERO IN INDIA and the rear surround signals are only created by the reciever so i got more powerfull and expensive for the sides and belive me no thatre in delhi sounds better than my setup and the rear surrounds are killer too....!!! the amount spend in all this went very very high about 9-10 lakhs i thnk so right now no additions sometime l8er ill think of getting them......but i reely dont need any upgrade unless we buy a new and bigger house with bigger theatre room..... :) :)which i dont think so will happen anytime soon.........so iam very happy with all this only.....!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:21 pm 

Yes, at the end of the day it is all about whether you the owner is satisfied with the HT set up. I am glad you're loving it. Enjoy:)

EDIT: Not sure why would you have to go to US to demo the B&Ws when you have authorized dealers in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 am 

A lot of this information on receivers is news to me! I have a Sony STR-DA5300ES receiver. As you guys (Sanjay, Kailashu) know what you are talking about, I do have a 'basic' question for you. When I turn the volume knob to the right, I notice that the volume in dB is usually in the negative (-15 dB being louder than -20dB). I have almost never had to go upto the positive numbers. What does the 0 dB value signify? Just curious..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 am 

divyansh wrote:
As nice as the B&W CM9 are, they are not particularly very efficient speakers and the Denon AVR3311 is certainly not capable of driving the CM9 to produce the kind of clean and high 'spls' you are looking for. The AVR 4311 is the lowest Denon receiver that I would consider to drive the CM9. I am sorry to say but unfortunately you have been rather poorly guided in your purchase choices. The problem is not as much with the individual product choices, but rather the fact that they don't compliment each other well. Always remember the old adage, that all links in a chain must match each other and that the chain is only as strong as the weakest link in the chain. The same also applies to a home theater setup, as it does with most spheres of life. Thus, it is very important to have speakers that tonally match each other and this is specially and critically important atleast for the three front speakers. Matching of amplifier and the speakers is also very important, since all speakers perform differently with different amps. Having two JBL l8400p sub-woofers in your setup are also an impediment to a balanced sound in your current setup. Although that does make it quite clear why you seem to have a preference for overly loud soundtracks. Also, the SMX ProMask-Curv is not a very good match for the projector you have. Curved screens are meant to be used with anamorphic lenses and actually are not good otherwise. You would have been well advised to have gone with a flat screen.

Ofcourse in the end, as mentioned by 'kailashu', what really matters is that you are satisfied and my only reason for pointing out all this is to make you more aware, atleast for the future.
divyansh wrote:
the amount spend in all this went very very high about 9-10 lakhs i thnk so right now no additions sometime l8er ill think of getting them......

Where did you buy your home theater setup from? 9-10 lakhs seems quite high for the equipment you have listed, even if bought from India. For that kind of money you can actually put together quite a system even in India. Also, except for the SMX screens, the availability of which I am not aware of, all the other brands you have listed are relatively commonly available in India, ie. atleast in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore etc.

Last edited by Sanjay on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.