It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 am 

@nickraman:
Getting impatient for your comments, dude :D
Can you tell if the video quality is at least as good as the DDR rip screenshots suggest? Also is the sound punchy and clear as one would expect a DTS-HD mix to be?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:52 pm 

video is of great quality but in few place tint is little too much

few place there is more yellow shades and in few places its more blue and red

apart from this its looks grt and far better than telugu bluray

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:12 pm 

Just watched the bluray. Like the above mentioned, some artificial shadows here and there, but otherwise fantastic bluray. Top notch above the Telugu version. Funny that the aspect ratio here is perfect, it makes you wonder why Reliance didn't correct this for the DVD versions.

As for the screenshots, since I do not possess a bluray drive, not able to take screenshots. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:24 pm 

Okey dokey, thanks for your helpful remarks. Ideally I should have liked to wait for the Tamil version since the film was originally shot in that but given that there's absolutely no news of it so far I think I am ordering this right off!
Btw is Rajnikant's original voice used in the hindi version or (horror of horrors) does someone dub for him?

Edit: AH CRAP! :(

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:31 pm 

Does Sunny or anyone else have any comments on this blog post? Looks completely fake to me (720p BD release followed by 1080p BD, LOL).
http://majamovies.blogspot.com/2011/04/ ... u-ray.html

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 pm 

But having seen the Tamil original before the hindi versions, I must confess that the Hindi dubbing is very good (near perfect I would say.)

Rajni's dubbing in tamil is garbled at times and his pronounciation of Robaaat (cringe worthy.) Don't know why he was cast as the scientist because his delivery during the conference scenes is his usual standard "fast speech" doesn't wor here (Sivaji yes. But here, no.) Anyways, I felt Mayur Vyas made the dubbing over SPB and Rajni's versions.

Also, can't stand Savitha Reddy (both Tamil/Telugu for Ash.) It's bad enough she does voices for Trisha, Genelia, current crop of heroines. Ash's dubbing for her self was a big relief.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm 

I heard a sample of the Hindi dub today and it breaks the deal for me. The guy doesn't sound anything like Rajini. I don't care what Aishwarya sounds like, even her original vocals annoy me and I intend to skip most of the romantic shit anyway. I'm thinking I'll wait some more to see if a decent Tamil BD (or at least some confirmatory news of it) comes out sometime in the next couple months.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:45 pm 

I've seen the Hindi dub twice and I thought it was acceptable, except for the awkward sound editing during Irumbile Oru Idhayam (which is also present in the Telugu version).

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 pm 

My two bits on the Hindi version blu-ray from 'Reliance Home Video'.

:stupid: Movie - Absolutely asinine movie. Poor script, poor direction, poor acting, poor cgi, you get the idea. No offence mean't towards the fans of this movie or Rajnikant, but personally I don't care for either and actually for the life of me cannot figure out why anyone would.

:thumbs: Video - The picture quality is overall quite good.

:stupid: :ffs: :bangbang: : Audio - Total failure on the audio front. The 'DTS HD MA' track is screwed up, with the front left channel almost missing completely throughout the movie. The Dolby Digital track does not have this problem, but is exceptionally too loud, even for an Indian blu-ray.

:thumbs: Misc. - There are no promos or 'watermarks' of any kind.

:baaa: Overall - This one is to be avoided, unless for some reason you like this film. But even then, the missing left/front audio channel is reason enough to not buy this blu-ray. Reliance/BIG really need to get their quality control in order. This screw up, coming after the '3 Idiots' fiasco, points towards some major issues at Reliance/BIG Home video. Something tells me that it has to do with a lot of internal politics within the company.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:38 pm 

@Sanjay:
I just saw your comments on the blu-ray forum. So the audio sucks, eh? Amazing that such a big-budget movie should be treated so shoddily. I hope the Tamil version blu-ray comes out better because I enjoyed the movie on the big screen.

If it's the front left channel that's missing, then it's a defect that'll be noticeable even in a 2.1 stereo speaker system, right?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:07 am 

sursubbu wrote:
@Sanjay:
I just saw your comments on the blu-ray forum. So the audio sucks, eh? Amazing that such a big-budget movie should be treated so shoddily. I hope the Tamil version blu-ray comes out better because I enjoyed the movie on the big screen.

If it's the front left channel that's missing, then it's a defect that'll be noticeable even in a 2.1 stereo speaker system, right?

As mentioned in my comments in the prior post, the missing channel issue is limited only to the DTS HD MA track and the DD track does not have this issue. To answer your question, the problem will not be present if you use the DD track in a 2.1 system. Even when using the DTS HD MA track, the problem may not be noticeable since the downmix to 2.1 channels will mix the center channel and surround channels to both the front channels.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6