It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:13 am 

Big Home Video has announced the following releases :

3 Idiots - Rs. 899/-
Kites - Rs. 699/-
Raavan - Rs. 699/-

All three are scheduled for release on 20th Sept.

PS: Let's just hope for once that they stick to the aanounced release dates.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 am 

[

Last edited by divyansh on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Big Home Video has announced the following releases :

3 Idiots - Rs. 899/-
Kites - Rs. 699/-
Raavan - Rs. 699/-

All three are scheduled for release on 20th Sept.

PS: Let's just hope for once that they stick to the aanounced release dates.

great news......the much avaited film is finally comming........!!!! will 200% get it on the same day of release.......!!! cant say abt the other two hated kites but loved the brillient cinematography and music and background score.......ravan also was below average film bt again loved its background score and awsome scenes......!!! neway iam very excited to get 3i......!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:52 am 

Yeah really great news! And divyansh you surely look excited...posting same message twice. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:48 pm 

aatmaaraam wrote:
Yeah really great news! And divyansh you surely look excited...posting same message twice. :lol:

iam excited but second was posted by mistake.......;) but i donno how to delete the post here....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:26 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Kites - Rs. 699/-

btw, on the Kites DVD, the Aspect Ratio was messed up -- I think they forgot to set the anamorphic flag -- so picture stays vertically stretched even when playing at 16:9.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
Kites - Rs. 699/-

btw, on the Kites DVD, the Aspect Ratio was messed up -- I think they forgot to set the anamorphic flag -- so picture stays vertically stretched even when playing at 16:9.

The 'Kites' blu-ray has been authored by Mr. Chandna's company Digital Entertainment. Therefore it's possible the DVD was authored by them too, in which case it would be nice to get Mr. Chandna's comments on the issue.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 am 

NewDeep wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
Kites - Rs. 699/-

i had that problem too, my dad brought the dvd for me from india, and im in usa. I thought it was becuz the dvd is in PAL format and not NTSC, but maybe its messed up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:56 am 

@sanjay, can you help commuicate this to mr. chandna?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm 

Any Updates?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm 

According to an report(from blu-ray.com india forum), They've postponed all.

Kites - This friday (not sure... :ffs: )
Raavan - The company(Big Pitures) doesn't have confidence about sales. It'll be late.
3 Idiots - October. (but we can bear, remember that? DVD releasing was 8 month from theater)
Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai might be out. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 pm 

NewDeep wrote:

The DVD has been authored by Mr. Chandna's company and I communicated the problem as described here to Mr. Chandna. He seemed to be oblivious to what I described, but he did state that he would get a copy of the DVD and check it out. I will try and get a response in a couple of days after he has hopefully had a chance to check out the DVD.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:23 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
NewDeep wrote:

The DVD has been authored by Mr. Chandna's company and I communicated the problem as described here to Mr. Chandna. He seemed to be oblivious to what I described, but he did state that he would get a copy of the DVD and check it out. I will try and get a response in a couple of days after he has hopefully had a chance to check out the DVD.

sanjay i sent you a PM.....!!! plzz reply to that crazy message......!!!

Post subject: problem with KITES dvd
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:14 am 

Sanjay wrote:
NewDeep wrote:

How to replicate the "bug" on the KITES DVD released in India by BIG:

If you have a 4:3 (standard) TV without "vertical compression mode" (also known as "16:9 mode" or "widescreen mode"), set the DVD Player to output at "4:3" or "Letterbox" mode (i.e. set it to output at any non-"16:9 mode") and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.

If you have a 4:3 (standard) TV with "vertical compression mode" (also known as "16:9 mode" or "widescreen mode"),
(a)
set the DVD Player to output at "4:3" or "Letterbox" mode (i.e. set it to output at any non-"16:9 mode"), set the TV to standard display, i.e. do not invoke the TV widescreen mode, and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.
(b)
also try this --
set the DVD Player to output at "16:9" or "widescreen" mode, set the TV to "16:9" or "vertical compression" or "widescreen" mode/ display, and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.

If you have a 16:9 TV, set the TV to 16:9 mode, set the DVD Player to output at "16:9" or "widescreen" mode, and play the movie. Now the picture should show the correct 2.35:1 ratio, but it continues to appear vertically stretched.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:56 pm 

Has this problem occurred on the BD as well? If not, is this discussion on how to replicate the problems relevant to this thread/forum?